Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Conveyancing Solicitors in Highcliffe
If you are in the process of looking for a house in Highcliffe to buy, or you’re planning on selling or remortgaging your current property in the town, our Highcliffe property solicitors can lend a hand. We have years of experience in managing property transactions in the local area and beyond and we guarantee a high-quality and efficient service to all of our clients.
We will handle all legal elements of your property transaction and will keep you in-the-know at all times throughout the process. We’re happy to offer as much expert advice as you would like and we are in a position to do this based on our many years of knowledge and experience.
In recent years, we have launched a fast and convenient online conveyancing service. This new and innovative service has enabled us to work with clients across the country, even internationally. Many of our clients have found this new way of working with a conveyancer to be a much more practical process than traditional methods.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Highcliffe can help you
Our residential property solicitors in Highcliffe are fully qualified to assist with a whole host of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We regularly work with various mortgage lenders, including national firms and local building societies, which gives us an insight to their various wants and requests. As such, we will happily adapt your conveyancing process to meet the needs of your chosen lender and to maintain an efficient service all round.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Highcliffe?
Our online conveyancing service is unique and something that not a lot of firms are able to offer. We can provide legal conveyancing support to anyone, anywhere in the country, using remote processes and communications. We have found that this way of working has been invaluable to many of our clients who are unable to meet us at our physical offices.
We make sure that each of our clients are assigned a case manager to act as their main point of contact throughout their time working with us. While we would assign a number of team members to work on your transaction, your case manager will be available to answer any questions or queries you have, from start to finish.
We take pride in delivering a high-quality service to each of our clients and this can be seen in the fantastic testimonials we have received on Trustpilot. We also have two accreditations from the Law Society - the Lexcel accreditation and the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. This means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Highcliffe?
There are many reasons why you might want to instruct our online conveyancers instead of opting for a more traditional process:
- Our Highcliffe property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Highcliffe market. We can apply this knowledge to your transaction, something which other local firms might not be able to do.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. From encrypted emails and up to date malware protection, we take the security of your personal information and documentation extremely seriously.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We can cut down the resources needed to process your transaction when handling things remotely, which reduces the chance of certain delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer resources required, we can reduce the service fees associated with our online conveyancing processes.
- Using some of the best video conferencing software available, we can work with clients on the other side of the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Our online conveyancing service is here to stay and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we can continue to provide this service to our clients. We are fully insured to carry out our work from physical offices and remotely.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Highcliffe?
Due to the wide range of conveyancing services we offer, we have a varied range of service fees in place. When you enquire with us, we will get in touch to discuss your transaction and to gather a little more information about what will be involved, all before providing you with a quote.
It is important that we speak with you ahead of providing a quote, as while some transactions may be relatively straightforward, others may require a lot more work to complete. We aim to offer a transparent and all-encompassing fee upfront so that you know what you will be required to pay before deciding whether or not to instruct us.
When buying a property, you will also be required to fund other disbursements, such as the cost of conveyancing searches, the property registration with HM Land Registry, and survey and valuation fees, for example.
Many property transactions will also incur tax bills, whether that’s relating to Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. As your conveyancers, we will be able to calculate how much tax will be owed and if required, we can file the tax return on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Highcliffe?
The conveyancing process typically consists of three main phases:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Offer and acceptance is essentially the beginning of the process, where a buyer makes an offer to a seller that is accepted. Here, the two parties enter a verbal agreement but not a legally binding agreement.
When both parties have instructed a solicitor of their choosing, the buyer and their conveyancer will make a start on a number of essential checks:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
These property checks will be reviewed and discussed by both parties, before the signing and exchanging of contracts. Contracts should only be signed if both parties are fully prepared and happy to go ahead with the transaction, as at this point the agreement is legally binding.
The highlight of the entire process is completion, where the transfer of ownership becomes official. At this stage, solicitors will submit a transfer deed to HM Land Registry, the seller will vacate the property, and the keys will be handed over to the new official owner.
How long does conveyancing take in Highcliffe?
We cannot guarantee a set amount of time that it will take to complete your conveyancing in Highcliffe, as every transaction is unique. From the buyer and seller situations, issues relating to the property and the area, to covenants in contracts - there’s various elements of the conveyancing process that can affect the time it takes to complete.
As a rough guide, we usually estimate standard conveyancing transactions to take around 13 weeks to complete, from the date at which solicitors are instructed. Of course, some transactions can take a lot longer and others can be completed more quickly.
When you enquire with Bird & Co, we will take the information you give to us to estimate how long we expect the process to take, but please take this with a pinch of salt as delays can and do occur. If delays do present themselves during your conveyancing process, we will let you know as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Highcliffe?
There are various checks and searches that need to be completed in order for a property transaction to progress. The three priority conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Some transactions may require additional checks and if that happens to be the case with your own property sale or purchase, we will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Highcliffe?
As mentioned, we will reach out to you to find out more about your personal circumstances and the property you are hoping to buy or sell, before offering a detailed overview of our typical processes. During this meeting, you are more than welcome to ask any questions you have to help you make a decision as to whether or not we are the right conveyancers for you.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Highcliffe
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta