Conveyancing Solicitors in Bushey
If you are taking the exciting step of either buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Bushey, you will benefit from the straightforward guidance and advice from our expert team of conveyancing solicitors who have helped many local residents complete successful and satisfying property transactions.
Completing a property transaction can be both exciting and a little nerve racking, which is why you can rely on us to look out for your best interests and inform you of any potential risks.
Usually, a transaction is completed to the full satisfaction of the buyer and seller, but, along the way, our clients have really valued our advice to help them mitigate risks or withdraw from a transaction altogether when the risks have been too high.
At Bird & Co, we guide our clients through the whole conveyancing process which can now be easily accessed from start to finish, online. Our conveyancing solicitors will be with you at each step of the process to advise and support you, answering any of your questions or addressing any concerns.
We combine our extensive knowledge of the local and national property market with the convenience, speed and efficiency of an online conveyancing service. This means that we are now able to reach clients in towns and villages across the Bushey area including Oxhey, Merry Hill and Bushey Heath.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Bushey can help you
Our team of expert conveyancing solicitors in Bushey are time served, having all the relevant experience across a broad range of conveyancing matters, which include:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Bird & Co solicitors are on the approved panel for the vast majority of UK lenders which ensures we are able to help our clients with their transaction regardless of whether they are using a well-known high street bank, a more provincial building society or an online lender.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Bushey?
We are highly proficient at online conveyancing using our specialist online conveyancing service to make your property transactions as easy and convenient, as possible, for you.
Using up-to-date technology means we can handle all the necessary paperwork online so there is no specific need to travel to any of our offices. That said, our conveyancing lawyers in Bushey will be on hand to support you wherever you are in the country and wherever you are in the legal process whether you want to work with us remotely or meet in person, face to face at our offices.
You will find our conveyancing process is simple and convenient. From our initial conveyancing quote, right the way through to completion, you will see that we are making the most of the latest technology in order to deliver a modern, efficient and personable service.
Our residential property solicitors in Bushey will correspond with you through post and email. You will have all the contact details for the solicitor working on your property transaction so you can receive quick answers to any questions you have throughout your matter.
Bird and Co are accredited by the flagship Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means our conveyancing solicitors will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, which is another indication of our commitment to upholding best standards in client care and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Bushey?
We have completed thousands of online conveyancing matters which means we can now clearly identify the best reasons for instructing our online conveyancers. These include:
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. As the process is now online everyone on both sides of the transaction can clearly see the stages of progress and there are fewer opportunities for delays.
- Our residential property lawyers in Bushey have both the local knowledge of the Bushey property market as well as in-depth knowledge of the national property market. This gives us an advantage over other conveyancers who may only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Safeguarding client confidentiality and keeping secure legal documentation is of the utmost importance to us and we protect our clients with the use of encrypted emails, secure IT infrastructure, secured devices and always maintaining the latest virus and malware protection.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. We can avoid some of the additional costs associated with the traditional paper based conveyancing by using our streamlined digital conveyancing process.
- We deal with property transactions around the country, on a daily basis and even for clients who are on the other side of the world. As and when required, we are using video conferencing platforms to keep in touch with clients and to keep their property transaction moving in the right direction.
- We maintain a high standard of personable online conveyancing just as if we were to meet in person. Throughout the process our legal obligations to our clients remain the same and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Bushey?
Flexible conveyancing solicitors fees in Bushey are available for standard and straightforward conveyancing work. Standard fixed fees for standard transactions gives you the clarity and reassurance of legal costs at the beginning of the process. If there will be any additional fees required to complete your transaction, we will consult you in advance.
Property transactions do attract other costs associated with the legal work and these are called disbursements. The disbursements that clients usually encounter as part of a property conveyance include the fee for registering a property with HM Land Registry and the cost of conveyancing searches.
In addition, and depending upon your circumstances, your property transaction may also be subject to taxes such as Capital Gains Tax or Stamp Duty Land Tax. If this is the case, our Bushey property solicitors will help calculate how much is owed and they will file the necessary paperwork with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Bushey?
There are three main phases to conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted to buy or sell a property, the buyer and seller will agree to enter into a legal contract. Until this legal contract is signed and then exchanged by both parties, nothing is legally binding.
The buyer, with the diligent assistance from their solicitors, will carry out various checks on the property. There are a wide variety of checks that might be carried out and these include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If required, the buyer will apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once all the property checks have been completed to the satisfaction of the buyer, with the help of their solicitor, and both parties are happy to proceed, they will sign and exchange contracts. The contract will then be legally binding and neither party will be able to withdraw from the transaction without suffering a financial penalty.
Completion is the stage of the transaction where everything becomes official. The buyer becomes the new official owner of the property and they will receive the keys to the property so they can move in once the seller vacates. Any outstanding fees, taxes, proceeds or transfers will be dealt with and solicitors will arrange for a transfer deed to be submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Bushey?
A standard and straight forward conveyancing process usually takes around three months from the date of offer acceptance and instructions being given to solicitors. However, conveyancing transactions can throw up unique challenges which can make it difficult to predict exactly how long it will take to get to completion.
Equally, we have seen some extremely fast conveyancing transactions when the circumstances of buyer and seller have allowed for a quick process.
Your solicitor will keep you in the loop on how the transaction is going. In the event of any unavoidable delays, they will keep you informed and updated on progress.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Bushey?
If you are buying a property in Bushey, your conveyancing lawyer will carry out a number of important checks to ensure there are no issues with the property or the land that need to be addressed.
The three main conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If additional searches are necessary, then your solicitor will advise you accordingly.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Bushey?
Our Bushey conveyancing solicitors will be in touch to proceed with the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction. Once your file is opened, your conveyancer will manage all the legal aspects related to your transaction and will keep you informed of the progress.
Whether you are moving into, out of, or within Bushey, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their professional expertise to achieve a successful and satisfying property transaction.