Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are about to purchase or sell a property in Benfleet, you will likely be considering which conveyancer to instruct to complete your future transaction. Here at Bird & Co Solicitors, we offer specialist conveyancing services for property transactions in Benfleet and beyond.
We take pride in offering an honest, straightforward and reliable conveyancing service to various clients, both locally and nationally. It’s our aim to provide an efficient property transaction process with as few hiccups as possible along the way.
We can offer a face to face conveyancing service or an online conveyancing service. How you choose to work with us is entirely your decision, but rest assured that your case will be treated with the utmost care either way.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Benfleet can help you
Our conveyancing lawyers in Benfleet have years of experience in the local area and can assist you with:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our many years of working on property transactions has seen us liaise with various lenders, from national firms to local building societies. We understand each of their processes and can offer a tailored service based on the lender you choose.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Benfleet?
We offer a fully flexible conveyancing service and we are happy to work with you in whatever way best suits your wants and needs. If you want to speak to us face to face, that is not a problem, yet it is equally as fine to work with us digitally via our online conveyancing platform.
Our Benfleet conveyancers are a welcoming bunch. They are happy to answer any questions you have and will explain the process in a straightforward way.
We will provide you with the name and direct contact details of one of our conveyancers, so you will have immediate access to a member of our team. There will always be someone available to deal with any enquiries you have along the way.
We are proud of our Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which showcases our commitment to:
- Providing high quality legal advice
- Getting your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Providing top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keeping you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Being upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
What’s more, we also have a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, which showcases our commitment to providing a high quality service to our clients.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Benfleet?
Our online conveyancing service is unique. It enables us to work with clients across the country, not just locally, so if you’re yet to move to the Benfleet area, we are still able to assist you with your transaction. We have had many clients come to us from far away, to process their property purchase in Benfleet ahead of their move to the local area.
- We take pride in our in-depth knowledge of the local and national property market and we are always keeping track of the latest developments in order to best assist our clients.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Security and data sensitivity sits at the forefront of our client work, so rest assured your information will be safe with us.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We take a proactive approach to our work, to make sure any risks are assessed and managed as early on in the process as possible.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. While fewer resources are required to manage an online conveyancing request, you can expect to receive the same high-quality level of service.
- We work regularly with various clients from the local area, across the country and around the world. Our varied experience strengthens the level of knowledge and service we can offer you.
- We are fully insured to work on both traditional and online conveyancing cases.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Benfleet?
Our conveyancing services have a fixed fee associated with them, however, in some cases, there may be additional work required to process a property transaction. If this is the case for your own specific transaction, we will let you know well in advance so that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision on whether or not to instruct us.
Alongside our fees, you will be required to pay for disbursements. These are standard charges associated with conveyancing, including property search fees and registering a property with HM Land Registry.
Many property transactions will incur a tax bill, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. As part of our service, we will assess what type of tax is due and calculate how much you will be required to pay, all before filing your return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Benfleet?
The conveyancing process consists of:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Note that you will not enter a legal contract with the buyer or seller of the property, until the contract has been signed by both parties and exchanged.
Of course, there are smaller steps involved along the way, including property searches and contract review, for example. We will offer advice and guidance for every step involved in the conveyancing process.
Whether you’re the buyer or the seller of the property, checks and searches are required. These can include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
These checks and searches aim to uncover any potential risks and issues associated with the property, so that all parties are aware of the type of transaction they are entering into.
Once all parties are satisfied with the checks, searches and contract, exchange of contracts can take place, followed by the official completion. At this point, a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the ownership of the property switches hands.
How long does conveyancing take in Benfleet?
From experience, we estimate the average property transaction to take around 12 or 14 weeks to complete. This isn’t always the case, however. Some transactions can be shorter, some can take longer.
We can offer an estimation for how long we expect your own specific transaction to take, however, there may be external influences that affect this estimation. We will be honest and upfront with you at all times throughout the process.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Benfleet?
Various searches are a standard step in the conveyancing process, both locally and nationally. The standard searches involved in conveyancing are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Additional checks are required from time to time and if that’s the case with your transaction, we will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Benfleet?
Our conveyancing solicitors in Benfleet will explain the process to you in detail and will answer any questions you have as well. If you choose to instruct our team to work on your transaction, we will take the necessary details from you to open your file and kickstart the process.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Benfleet
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta