Conveyancing Solicitors in Chorleywood
If you’re planning to buy a home in Chorleywood, move on from your existing property to another one in the area, or perhaps buy or sell an investment property there, we can help. We have a superb team of residential property solicitors in Chorleywood who are well versed in all types of property transactions.
While you look ahead to the sale or purchase of your property, we’ll take on all of the necessary elements required to complete the process for you. Our Chorleywood conveyancers have years of experience working in the industry and can provide a seamless service to you from start to finish.
From organising searches to reviewing contracts and managing finances, we’ll provide a complete conveyancing service that you can rely on. We aim to make our services accessible to all and our friendly team are more than happy to answer any questions along the way.
We also have an online conveyancing service available to anyone who would prefer to work with us in this way. We can provide our complete service remotely which means we can work with clients across the country, with those who cannot or would prefer not to come into the office.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Chorleywood can help you
Our professional Chorleywood property solicitors are experienced in dealing with a wide range of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We know and work with many of the major lenders on a regular basis, so we are able to support your transaction no matter whether you choose to borrow from a local building society or a larger national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Chorleywood?
We offer both a traditional conveyancing service and an online conveyancing service, too. Our flexible offering means we can help clients across the country, no matter if you’d rather communicate remotely or join us in the office.
Accessibility lies at the forefront of everything that we do. We strive to make our services as accessible as possible, for each and every one of our clients.
We also make sure we are available to answer any questions you have along the way. Each client is assigned their own case manager who will be on hand to offer advice, support and updates throughout the entire process.
We are rated excellent on Trustpilot by many of our wonderful clients and we also have a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Chorleywood?
If you’re thinking about instructing our online conveyancers, here’s a little more information to help you with your decision:
- Our in-depth knowledge of the national property market and of the local Chorleywood market is second to none. Our vast experience gives us an edge over other local firms who only deal with transactions in the nearby area.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We follow best practice for online security at all times, and we are always looking for ways to upgrade and improve. Rest assured your information is safe with us.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We can skip postage processes and getting in touch remotely is much quicker than booking an appointment in the office.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer resources required to carry out your conveyancing online, we’ll be able to offer you our services for less.
- We have a range of both national and international clients with whom we regularly keep in touch with via video conferencing platforms.
- Rest assured, our legal obligations remain the same no matter how you choose to work with us. We are fully insured for both online conveyancing and traditional conveyancing methods.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Chorleywood?
Because we offer a wide range of conveyancing services, our fees do vary. We do have a list of fixed fees for straightforward conveyancing work, which we would be more than happy to provide to you. Simply get in touch with a member of our team and we’ll send our list of fees to you.
Of course, there are some cases that are a lot more complicated than others. If that happens to be the case with your own particular property transaction, we will be able to let you know from the off, as well as how much we would be required to charge you to process your transaction.
Other costs are also associated with the standard conveyancing process, including payment for conveyancing searches, registering a property with HM Land Registry, Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax, to name a few. As you conveyancer, we will be able to calculate the total costs associated with your property transaction and will explain them to you.
How does the conveyancing process work in Chorleywood?
The three main phases of a standard conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Phase one, offer and acceptance, begins when a property buyer makes an offer that the seller agrees to. At this point, a verbal agreement is entered but neither party is legally obliged to see the transaction through to completion just yet.
The next step in the process is for both parties to instruct solicitors to act on their behalf. From here, the buyer and their solicitor will make a start on various checks on the property, to look for any issues and to minimise risk. These checks include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once the checks have been carried out and once both parties are happy with their findings, the transaction can move into phase two, the exchange of contracts. This is where both parties sign on the dotted line and the agreement becomes legally binding.
The final phase of the process is completion, where the keys are handed over, a transfer deed is submitted to the authorities, and the seller leaves the property for the final time.
How long does conveyancing take in Chorleywood?
While every property transaction is different, we anticipate the most standard conveyancing processes to take between 12 and 14 weeks to complete, from the point at which solicitors are instructed. Naturally, there are some transactions that meet obstacles along the way, however, if delays are expected with your particular transaction, you will be the first to know.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Chorleywood?
When the time comes for you to buy a property in Chorleywood, you will be required to instruct a conveyancer to carry out certain checks for you. These checks are for your benefit, to spot any issues associated with the property and the local area.
Typical checks that are carried out include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks are required. If that happens to be the case with your transaction, we will let you know before carrying out the checks.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Chorleywood?
If you decide to instruct us to work on your transaction, we’ll begin by setting up your file and introducing you to your case manager. Feel free to ask your conveyancer any questions you have at this point, and at any other point along the way.
Chorleywood truly is a lovely place to live or invest and we would be delighted to assist you with your property purchase or sale in the area.