Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you’re interested in a property transaction in the Winchfield area, our residential property solicitors are experts and can assist with a range of matters, from purchasing property to remortgaging.
Whatever your circumstance, such as if you are a first-time buyer or looking to purchase your forever home, we understand the anticipation. Property transactions can come with many complexities, but with accurate legal advice, potential issues can be side-stepped.
At Bird & Co, our solicitors have worked with countless clients over the years in a range of cases, so no matter your circumstances, our solicitors can assist with your property transaction.
We aim to keep with the trends, and that’s why we offer an online conveyancing service in addition to working with clients face to face. This means we can assist clients no matter where they are located in the world.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Winchfield can help you
Our Winchfield solicitors are experts in the conveyancing field, including in:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We work with a variety of lenders, from national firms to local building societies, meaning we can support you no matter which lender you choose.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Winchfield?
Unlike other local Winchfield firms, we offer an online conveyancing service, and thanks to this, it means we can work with clients no matter their location, nationally or globally.
You have the choice to work with our solicitors face-to-face or use our online conveyancing service. We will appoint you a case manager who will be your point of contact and manage your conveyancing transaction. They will be available to discuss any concerns you might have about the transaction.
Our top-quality service is acknowledged through the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means we will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Our client services and practice management are recognised through the Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Winchfield?
- Our residential property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, in addition to the local Winchfield market. This knowledge will be beneficial to your transaction and is something other local firms do not offer.
- We handle a considerable amount of sensitive information and legal documents which need to be properly protected. That’s why our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind, through the likes of encrypted emails and security protection software.
- Online conveyancing does not require as many steps as the traditional conveyancing route, and this means we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. As there are fewer steps, it means less resources are required so we can reduce our costs.
- We manage property transactions nationally, even for clients who are on the other side of the world using video conferencing.
- We are fully insured to carry our services out both remotely and in person, and our responsibilities will always remain the same no matter which route you choose.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Winchfield?
The fees required for our conveyancing services will entirely depend on the type of property transaction you would like us to carry out. We aim to offer a range of flexible fees, that’s why for simpler transactions we can offer fixed fees which provide certainty over costs from the outset. Occasionally complexities within the transaction might require additional fees to be paid, and where this applies, we will send you a tailored quote promptly.
In most conveyancing services, additional fees, known as disbursements, are required. This is for aspects of the process, such as conveyancing searches and property registration with HM Land Registry.
Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax may also be due. Your solicitor will work out whether any tax is owed, assist with the calculation, and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Winchfield?
The three core stages of the typical conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer makes an offer on a property, it means they have agreed to enter a verbal agreement with the seller. This, however, is not yet a legally binding agreement, and either party can pull out for whatever reason they wish.
The buyer of the property and their conveyancing solicitor will carry out several checks on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
For those clients who require a mortgage, they will at this stage apply.
Once the checks are fully complete, the buyer and their solicitor will review the findings and make a decision on whether to move forward with the transaction. If they are happy to continue, the contracts can be exchanged and signed. From this point forward, the agreement becomes legally binding, and neither party can retract without a financial penalty.
How long does conveyancing take in Winchfield?
Each property transaction will defer in length, and it can also depend on the type of transaction too. For example, remortgaging a property will take a considerably shorter time in comparison to purchasing a property. There can also be impediments throughout the transaction that can cause a delay. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee an exact time frame.
Despite the uncertainty over how long the conveyancing process will take, we can advise that the average straight forward transaction most usually takes between 12 to 14 weeks for completion.
If you choose to work with our conveyancing solicitors at Bird & Co, we will always keep you in the loop in concern of any delays.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Winchfield?
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Occasionally additional searches are needed, but this will depend on the type of property and where it is situated.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Winchfield?
At our initial meeting, we will walk you through each step of the process and how our solicitors will assist you so you have a deep understanding of how we will support you and make the transaction as smooth sailing as possible. Should you decide to work with us, your case manager will take down the legal details needed.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Winchfield
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta