Conveyancing Solicitors in Foxton
If you are looking to pursue a property transaction in Foxton, our conveyancing solicitors have the expertise to lend a helping hand.
Whether you are a first-time buyer or have previously purchased or sold property, its always an exciting moment in your life. However, property transactions can come with considerable complications, and that’s why it’s essential to seek the assistance of a lawyer who can provide clear, realistic advice you can trust.
At Bird & Co, we offer a convenient, reliable, and friendly conveyancing service. We have helped many families from all backgrounds, so we can provide tailored advice to ensure stress is kept to a minimum.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Foxton can help you
Our conveyancing solicitors can help with property transaction matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Whether you are with a national firm or a local building society, we can assist.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Foxton?
Unlike many other conveyancing firms, we offer a unique online conveyancing service. This means our services can be provided remotely without the need for face-to-face meetings. This means wherever you are in the world, we can help you.
From the outset, we will provide you with a direct line of correspondence with our conveyancing team, and we do this by assigning a solicitor to oversee your case. You will be able to directly contact them through email or telephone.
We are proud to be accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which means we will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, which recognises our high level of client service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Foxton?
- Our residential property solicitors in Foxton have both an in-depth knowledge of the national property market and the Foxton market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We always send our emails encrypted and frequently assess our software to ensure our client’s details are completely protected.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Our online process is shorter than our traditional conveyancing route due to meetings being done remotely, and all communication is sent electronically.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. This is due to our meetings being done remotely, and there is no need for physical resources, meaning we can reduce our overall fees.
- Our solicitors work with clients across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Our firm is fully insured, providing you with complete reassurance over our services.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Foxton?
Due to the variety of conveyancing services we offer at Bird & Co, we are able to deliver flexible fees. The fees for your case will depend on the service needed and the complexity of it. For example, with more straightforward cases, we can offer fixed fees which mean you have complete certainty over costs from the outset.
There will be additional fees that are required on top of the service fees, for example, property checks, local area searches and property registration. We will provide a breakdown of these fees in our initial meeting.
Many transactions also involve Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. We will calculate the tax due and submit the return to HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Foxton?
In the conveyancing process, there are three main stages, including:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
An acceptance of a property offer means that the parties intend to enter a legal contract, but it is not yet a legally binding contract, only a verbal agreement. If either party decides to opt out of the transaction, neither will receive a penalty.
The buyer and conveyancing solicitor will need to gather various information on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If a mortgage is needed, the buyer will apply at this point.
Once the various information is collected and the parties are happy to move forward with the next stage, the contract will be exchanged and signed, meaning it is legally binding and neither can retract without repercussions unless there is a suitable reason.
When the transaction is official, this is known as completion. The transfer deed can be submitted to HMLR, and the buyer can move into the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Foxton?
Unfortunately, we cannot give you a guaranteed estimate for completion. Each property transaction comes with its own set of challenges meaning time frames can completely vary. We can, however, advise the standard transaction without any complications. Most transactions usually take between 12 to 14 weeks.
Our conveyancing solicitors in Foxton will work proactively to avoid unnecessary delays. However, where this is unavoidable, we will keep you fully informed and advise you of the available options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Foxton?
So that the buyer, conveyancer and mortgage lender are aware of the property’s condition, certain checks and searches are done to determine whether there are any problems that need urgent attention.
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Depending on the type of property and where it’s situated, additional checks are sometimes required. If this applies to your transaction, you will be made aware.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Foxton?
Before pursuing a property transaction with the assistance of our solicitors, we will walk you step by step through the process. Should you decide to work with us, we will take all the legal details needed and assign you with a case solicitor, and they will be your direct point of contact and answer any queries you may have throughout.