Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Hook and the wider Hart district of Hampshire have been known in recent years as one of the best places in the UK for overall quality of life. It’s no wonder then, why so many individuals and families have an interest in the Hook property market.
We have a lovely team of residential property solicitors in Hook who are available to assist with all manner of conveyancing. Whether you’re a first-time buyer looking to take that first step on the ladder, or a family looking for the perfect forever home, our conveyancers are here to lend a helping hand.
Bird & Co has specialised in managing property transactions for many years now, and our entire team is well versed in everything from property purchase to lease extensions to transfer of equity.
Thanks to our innovative online conveyancing service, we are able to work with clients across the country and even internationally. We’re able to provide the same quality level of service but in a way that’s most convenient for clients living further afield or with busy schedules, for example.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Hook can help you
Our conveyancing knowledge and experience know no bounds. We can assist with all kinds of conveyancing matters, including but not limited to:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
What’s more, we have experience working with a multitude of lenders, so much so that we understand their own individual processes and preferences. We can use this to tailor our services to you and the lender you choose to go for.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Hook?
Our online conveyancing service means that not only do we have a fantastic wealth of knowledge concerning the local property market, but we also keep up to date with the wider property market too. With Bird & Co, you’ll receive the friendly and professional services of a local team with a broad scope of knowledge to strengthen the services we provide to you.
Our service is modern, friendly and easily accessible. There’s no need to book an appointment and meet us at our physical offices if you do not wish to. We are happy to discuss your preferences and work with you in whatever way works best for you.
It’s our aim to provide a high quality level of service to each and every client that reaches out to us. We are available to answer any question you may have, both before you choose whether or not to instruct us and throughout the conveyancing process. You will receive a direct point of contact - a member of our conveyancing team - who will be available to discuss any queries you have and who will keep you up to date throughout.
Our premium services come recommended by past clients (we are rated excellent on Trustpilot) and industry authorities. We have a valid Lexcel and Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme from the Law Society, which shows that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Hook?
When considering whether or not to utilise Bird & Co’s online conveyancer service, take the following into account:
- Our residential property solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Hook market. We can apply this to your own property transaction to make better informed suggestions and decisions throughout the process.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We regularly assess the quality of our malware protection and the overall security of our devices to ensure our client’s documents and personal information stay confidential at all times.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. When meetings can be carried out online and communications can be sent electronically, we’re able to reduce the time it takes to complete the entire conveyancing process.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. By shortening the overall process and reducing the need for physical resources, we’re able to offer our online conveyancing services for less.
- We work with clients all over the country and even manage property transactions for clients who are on the other side of the world. This is only possible thanks to our new and innovative online conveyancing services.
- Our responsibilities to you remain the same as they would if we were to meet you in person, in one of our physical offices. We are fully insured to handle your property transaction from start to finish.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Hook?
Because we offer a wide range of conveyancing services, our service fees tend to be flexible. We would love to hear more about your specific transaction before providing a bespoke cost for our services, based on how many resources we believe will be required to manage your transaction for you.
Note that you may also be required to pay for additional costs associated with the general conveyancing process, including the cost of property checks and local area searches, as well as the cost of registering a property with HM Land Registry. We will include a breakdown of these costs alongside the service fees we provide you with.
Many transactions also involve Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If you are required to pay tax as part of your transaction, we will calculate how much tax will be owed, and we will include this alongside a breakdown of all other costs. If you decide to instruct us as your residential property solicitors, we can even file a tax return to HMRC on your behalf once the transaction has been completed.
How does the conveyancing process work in Hook?
When buying or selling a property, the general conveyancing process can be broken down into the following three steps:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a potential buyer makes an offer on a property that is accepted by the seller, the two parties enter a verbal agreement and should then take the time to research and instruct conveyancers of their choosing.
The solicitors acting on the buyer’s behalf will then carry out a number of checks on the property to look for any potential risks or other factors that could impact the value of the property and the offer that was originally agreed upon. The checks at this stage typically involve:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If everyone is satisfied with the property checks, the transaction can move into the signing and exchanging of contracts. This is the point at which both parties agree to transfer the ownership of property to the new buyer in exchange for a specific sum of money. Neither party can pull out of the agreement at this point without incurring a financial penalty.
When all parties are happy to move forward with the exchange of ownership, completion can take place. The buyer’s solicitor will submit a transfer deed to HM Land Registry, the original owner will vacate the property, and the new owner will receive the keys to their new home.
How long does conveyancing take in Hook?
We cannot guarantee how long each individual transaction will take to complete simply because every situation is unique, and there could be external factors outside of our control that influences the end result.
From our years of working in property conveyancing, we can say that the most straightforward of property sales and purchases will take around 13 weeks to complete, on average.
When you reach out to us to discuss your transaction, we will try to provide an estimate as to how long we believe it will take to process and complete the conveyancing for you, though this could change over time. If delays do present themselves, we promise to let you know as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Hook?
Alongside property checks and valuations, a buyer’s conveyancer is required to carry out a number of searches on the local area surrounding the property. These searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional searches may be required. This isn’t always necessary, but if it happens to be the case for your own property transaction, your case manager will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Hook?
We will provide an overview of our services and find out more about your own individual property transaction. From there, we will work on a bespoke quote for you. If you’re happy with what we come back with, you can instruct us, and we will introduce you to your case manager.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Hook
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta