Conveyancing Solicitors Leighton Buzzard
When buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Leighton Buzzard, our expert conveyancing solicitors at Bird & Co will help you seal a perfect property deal.
We know that moving home is big event in your life and, as one of the biggest single transactions you are ever likely to make, it can be both an exciting and nerve-wracking time.
Our conveyancing team are ready and available, remotely, to guide you through the entire conveyancing process, using a wealth of expertise to mitigate risk and achieve a smooth and efficient property transaction.
Our approach to conveyancing is simple and straightforward, giving reliable and trusted advice to clients involved in residential property sales, purchases or remortgages in Leighton Buzzard and surrounding areas.
Our online conveyancing solicitors will guide and support you throughout the entire conveyancing process, responding quickly to any questions or concerns you might have.
Our remote online conveyancing gives you a much easier and convenient way to access our services. Working this way means we can overcome geographical constraints, enabling us to help even more clients with buying, selling or remortgaging property in Leighton Buzzard and across the wider Bedfordshire area, including Aylesbury, Dunstable and Bletchley.
How our conveyancing solicitors for people in Leighton Buzzard can help you
Our team of conveyancers for Leighton Buzzard have extensive experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of conveyancing, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
As we are on the panel for most major lenders, we are well placed to work with you whether you are opting to go with a well-known national high street bank or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors for Leighton Buzzard?
Our remote online conveyancing service enables us to support you regardless of your geographical location in the UK. You can benefit from easy, convenient access to expert online conveyancing without needing to set foot in our offices – unless, of course, you would prefer to meet us face-to-face, in person.
By using the latest technology, we are able to provide a slick and modern approach to your conveyancing matter, keeping the conveyancing process simple, straightforward and highly efficient thereby reducing the usual time, stress, cost and inconvenience involved.
When instructing our online conveyancing lawyers, you will always have a direct line to us. Your dedicated conveyancer, assigned to looking after your case, will always be available via phone, direct email or written correspondence, giving prompt attention to any issues or questions you may have.
Our Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditations reflect our aims to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
In addition, our Law Society Lexcel accreditation demonstrates our continued commitment to providing excellent standards of practice management and customer service to our clients, always.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Leighton Buzzard?
By instructing one of our online conveyancing lawyers, instead of one located in Leighton Buzzard, you will experience a number of benefits including:
- Residential property lawyers in Leighton Buzzard who have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, in addition to the local property market, so are able to deal with both local and national transactions when the need arises.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. All your important and sensitive conveyancing documents will be protected and secure, at all times. Email correspondence will be encrypted and devices secured with the best malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With our entire conveyancing process now done remotely, you can expect quicker timeframes and fewer delays to the completion of your matter.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. The additional costs associated with the usual conveyancing methods can be avoided when work is carried out on a remote digital basis.
- Our use of video conferencing means we have the capability to deal with property transactions all around the country or even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Our legal obligations to you and the service you experience will remain the exact same, regardless of whether we are engaging online or meeting in person. There will be no difference to the conveyancing process and the level of service you receive. We are fully insured to ensure you are completely satisfied.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Leighton Buzzard?
For simple and straightforward conveyancing matters, we are able to offer a range of flexible and affordable conveyancing solicitors fees in Leighton Buzzard. This will give you clarity and confidence from the outset as to the likely cost of your conveyancing matter. We will always keep you fully informed and updated should any additional fees be required to complete your transaction, so there are no hidden costs or surprises later down the line.
Other typical costs associated with the conveyancing process, which may affect your property transaction, include disbursements and tax. You are likely to encounter disbursements, such as HM Land Registry when registering a property, as well as conveyancing search fees and taxes including Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Where there is tax to pay, we will be able to help you work out what is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Leighton Buzzard?
The conveyancing process consists of three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and the seller are agreeing to enter into a contract. However, nothing will be legally binding at this stage until the contract is signed and exchanged by both parties.
The buyer will then need to conduct various checks on the property with the help of their solicitor. Typical checks might include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Where a mortgage is needed, the buyer will apply for it at this stage.
The transaction becomes legally binding once contracts have been signed and exchanged by both parties. This will happen subject to the satisfactory completion of all the necessary property checks. At this stage, neither party will be able to pull out of the process without incurring a financial penalty.
Completion happens when the deal is done and the sale or purchase officially completes, making the home the legal property of the new owner. Outstanding taxes, duties, proceeds and fees will be settled and a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry. The seller will be required to vacate the property and hand over keys so the buyer can move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Leighton Buzzard?
You can expect a standard conveyancing matter to take somewhere between 12-14 weeks following an accepted offer and instruction of solicitors. However, since each conveyancing transaction is uniquely different with its own particular set of circumstances or issues attached, it is difficult to give a precise estimation or exact timescale to completion.
When dealing with conveyancing in Leighton Buzzard, our property solicitors will always keep you informed and updated in the event of unavoidable delays that might impact on your transaction, so it takes a little longer to complete.
What searches are involved for conveyancing in Leighton Buzzard?
Our dedicated team of residential property solicitors for Leighton Buzzard will be sure to carry out all of the necessary checks to make sure there are no issues of concern with your property.
There are three sorts of conveyancing searches your conveyancing solicitors will do. These are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Should any further checks be applicable for your Leighton Buzzard conveyancing, our solicitors will advise and inform you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors for Leighton Buzzard?
Whether you are making a move into, out of, or across Leighton Buzzard or surrounding areas, our team of residential property conveyancers will lend all the necessary skill and expertise to ensure your property deal reaches a satisfying completion.
We will handle all of the legal details of your property transaction, so you don’t have to worry, leaving you free to focus on the best aspects of moving home.