Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Staines is a lovely and sought after town, with plenty of green spaces and excellent transport links. It’s no wonder many choose to move to this area, and why so many live here their entire lives.
If you’re looking to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Staines, our fantastic team of conveyancing solicitors in the area will be happy to assist you with your transaction. We are available to offer advice and guide you through the entire process, to ensure your transaction goes ahead without any unnecessary issues along the way.
We have worked with countless clients over the years, and providing a high quality service is our number one priority. We’ve been rated excellent on Trustpilot by many of our lovely clients, and we are determined to uphold our solid reputation as expert residential property solicitors in Staines.
Not only do we work with clients face to face, but we also have an online conveyancing service available for anyone who would prefer to work with us remotely. This service means we can assist clients across the length and breadth of the country.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Staines can help you
Our conveyancing lawyers in Staines have the skills and experience to assist clients with various types of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have had the pleasure of working with the vast majority of lendings, including national firms and local building societies. We can easily tailor the service we provide to meet both your needs and the needs of your lender.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Staines?
Thanks to our online conveyancing service, we are able to work with clients from all over the country. There is no need for face to face meetings - you will receive the same level of service by working with us remotely, as you would using a more traditional conveyancing method.
Our team of conveyancing lawyers in Staines are friendly, approachable and, above all else, professional. They will make the conveyancing process as simple and straightforward as possible.
In order to provide you with the most convenient service possible, you will be assigned a case manager from the moment you instruct Bird & Co Solicitors to work on your transaction. You will have direct contact with your case manager, who will be happy to answer any questions you have throughout the process.
We hold a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation which is an industry-recognised seal of approval, showcasing our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also hold a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, demonstrating our commitment to excellent customer service and quality practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Staines?
Our clients choose to utilise our online conveyancing services for many reasons, including:
- Our residential property solicitors in Staines have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local market. We can apply this knowledge to benefit your transaction, something which other local firms may not be able to do.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Cyber security is vital, particularly when it comes to handling sensitive information and legal documents. We apply the very best processes and utilise high-quality malware protection to keep your information safe.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Working with you digitally means we can reduce the number of steps required to communicate with you and transfer important information. With fewer steps, delays are less likely.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. As we are able to reduce the steps required to complete your transaction, we can happily reduce the cost of our services when working with you remotely.
- We manage property transactions across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Video conferencing software allows us to speak freely with clients, as and when required.
- Our responsibilities remain the same whether you choose to work with us traditionally or through our online conveyancing service. We are fully insured to carry out our services both ways.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Staines?
Our conveyancing fees in Staines depends entirely on the type of transaction you would like us to carry out, as well as the complexities of your individual transaction. Simple and straightforward work is covered by our fixed service fees, but we may be required to send you a tailored quote if we believe your transaction to be a little more complex than usual.
Many property transactions are subject to additional costs, called disbursements. These costs cover conveyancing searches and registering a property with HM Land Registry. Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax may also be due - your solicitor will be able to confirm if you are required to pay any tax, and they can also file a return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Staines?
The three core stages of a typical conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a property searcher makes an offer to a property seller (that is accepted), the two individuals enter a verbal agreement. Both individuals are then required to instruct solicitors of their choice to manage the conveyancing process for them.
At this point, the future buyer of the property will work with their solicitors to carry out a number of checks on the property:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the buyer requires a mortgage to purchase the property, they will apply for a mortgage at this stage as well.
Once checks have been carried out on the property, the buyer and their solicitor will review the findings before deciding whether or not to proceed with the purchase. If they are happy to do so, the two parties will sign and exchange contracts, at which point the agreement becomes legally binding.
The final step in the process is the completion of the transaction, where solicitors will submit a transfer deed to HM Land Registry, the keys are handed over, and the previous owner vacates the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Staines?
No two property transactions are the same - for example, the process of remortgaging a property can be much shorter than purchasing a property from scratch. Certain transactions may also be presented with hurdles along the way that can prolong the time it takes to complete. With all of this in mind, it is difficult to determine a set amount of time for individual transactions to take.
The more straightforward and clear cut property transactions take around 13 weeks to complete, from the date at which solicitors are instructed. If you were to work with Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Staines, they will be able to keep you up to date with the progress of your transaction along the way. Should any delays present themselves, you will be the first to know.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Staines?
When purchasing a property in Staines, your residential property solicitor will be required to carry out various checks on the property and nearby area to look for any issues that need to be addressed.
The three standard checks that are carried out are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks are required. If this is the case with your own particular transaction, your conveyancer will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Staines?
We will run you through the entire process, answer any questions you may have, and set you up with your dedicated case manager.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Staines
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta