Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are buying, selling or remortgaging a property in Fleet, you will need the advice and guidance of experienced conveyancing solicitors who can make sure that everything goes off without a hitch.
Moving homes is one of the most exciting events in anyone’s life, but it can also be one of the most daunting, especially as so much rides on completing a transaction as swiftly as possible. Our conveyancing team understands this and use their wealth of combined experience to carefully guide our clients through every step of the process.
At Bird & Co, we provide all of our clients with a straightforward and reliable conveyancing service which is easily accessible. Our conveyancing solicitors will be with you every step of the way and will always be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
We also offer a fast and efficient online conveyancing service. This means that we are able to reach a wide pool of clients across Fleet and the wider Hampshire area, including Church Crookham, Crookham Village and Winchfield.
Get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Fleet by giving us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Fleet can help you
Our expert conveyancing team in Fleet have expertise in a wide range of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major lenders, which means that we will be able support you, regardless of whether you have chosen to use a national firm or a local building society in Fleet.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Fleet?
We offer a specialist online conveyancing service. This means that we can support you no matter where you are in the country (or outside the country) and there will be no need for you to meet us at our physical offices – unless you feel as though you need to.
The conveyancing service we provide is modern and friendly. We always aim to make the conveyancing process as simple and straightforward as possible.
When you choose to work with our conveyancing team, you will always have a direct line of correspondence, which includes a direct email address for the solicitor who is working on your case. If you have any questions, you will always receive a quick answer.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This demonstrates our commitment to providing the highest levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Fleet?
There are a number of reasons why you should instruct our online conveyancers. These include:
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Fleet market. This gives us an edge over other firms which only handle local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We understand the importance of keeping our clients safe when they use our online systems. We protect our clients by encrypting emails, securing our devices and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. The entire conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, which means there are fewer potential delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. There are a number of additional costs associated with traditional conveyancing which can be avoided when work is completed remotely.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We frequently use video conferencing to remain in touch with clients.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the overall conveyancing process, and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Fleet?
We offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in Fleet. This includes fixed fees for straightforward work, giving you a clear indication of how much you will need to pay from the outset. If additional fees are required to complete your transaction, your solicitor will let you know.
Other costs associated with the conveyancing process are called disbursements. Disbursements that you may encounter include registering your purchase with HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches.
Should your property transaction be affected by tax, you will need to keep this in mind. Your solicitor can help to clarify whether you owe tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax, help you calculate how much owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Fleet?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract. Until contracts are signed and exchanged, the transaction is not considered to be legally binding.
The buyer will then carry out various checks on the property with their solicitor. The sort of checks that might be carried out include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If they need to, the buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once the property checks have been completed and both parties are happy to proceed, they will sign and exchange contracts. The transaction is then legally binding and neither party will be able to pull out without receiving a financial penalty.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will need to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Fleet?
Every conveyancing transaction comes with its own unique set of challenges, which means that it is not always possible to say exactly how long it will take to reach completion. However, if there are no unexpected complications, a typical transaction tends to take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion from the date an offer is accepted and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
There are certain occasions where delays are unfortunately unavoidable. If your conveyancing transaction appears as though it will take longer than expected to complete, your solicitor will keep you informed.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Fleet?
If you are buying a property in Fleet, your conveyancer will need to carry out a number of different checks to ensure that there are no issues that need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If further checks are required, your solicitor will let you know and explain exactly why.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Fleet?
Our Fleet conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Fleet, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Fleet
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta