Conveyancing Solicitors in Billericay
If you are thinking about buying, selling or remortgaging a property in Billericay, contact our team of conveyancing lawyers in the area for up to date property market advice, knowledge and specialist conveyancing services.
Our team of specialists will be happy to help you buy or sell a home in a timely manner, all while minimising risk along the way. We can cover the entire conveyancing process for you, from set up to searches to exchange and finally, completion.
We work with our clients in a number of ways. Firstly, there’s the traditional, face to face way of liaising, but we also have a fantastic online conveyancing service available, too. This new addition to our offering allows us to work with clients locally in Billericay and the wider Essex area, as well as further afield.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Billericay can help you
Our friendly and knowledgeable conveyancing team in Billericay can assist you with a wide range of transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are known by the majority of major lenders, including national firms and local building societies so we can support your property transaction, no matter which lender you choose.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Billericay?
We are property specialists, through and through. Our team has years of experience in the property market, they understand the processes in detail and they keep up to date with the various trends. All of this ensures we provide an expert service to each of our clients.
Our online conveyancing service, together with our traditional face to face appointments, make our services fully accessible to all. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and our process, with the wants and needs of our clients in mind.
Our Billericay conveyancers are hard working, friendly and above all else, honest. They will keep you up to date with the progress of your case, every step of the way. Should any issues or delays arise, you will be the first to know.
We’re very proud of our service quality, but don’t just take our word for it. Not only are we rated as excellent on Trustpilot, we also hold an accreditation from the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel certified, our second accreditation from the Law Society. This particular accreditation showcases the high level of service that we provide to our clients.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Billericay?
There are various reasons why clients choose to use our online conveyancing system, the most of common reasons being:
- Our in-depth knowledge of the national property market is easily accessible to all clients that need it. We are well-versed in the local Billericay market, too.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Your legal documents are safe and secure with our online conveyancing system, and so too is your personal information. We utilise encrypted emails, the latest malware protection and secure devices when liaising with our clients.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We can cut down the number of steps needed to complete your property transaction, thanks to our online conveyancing service.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer steps required, we can offer our conveyancing services for competitive prices.
- Our clients are located not only in the local area, but also across the country and worldwide.
- We maintain our values and deliver the same guarantees to our online clients that we would offer our face to face clients. We are also insured to carry out our services digitally.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Billericay?
Our conveyancing fees are fixed for the most straightforward of transactions. If it so happens that we believe your case to require more work than the average transaction, we will let you know in advance and before you make the decision to work with us.
Note that you will also be required to fund disbursements on top of our conveyancing fees, such as the cost of searches and property registration with HM Land Registry. In some cases, tax will need to be paid on completion of a property transaction, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax. We can help you to calculate the amount owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Billericay?
The general conveyancing process can be split out into three phases:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Phase 1, offer and acceptance, is where the buyer makes an offer to the seller and (usually with some negotiation) the offer is accepted. At this stage in the process, you are not legally bound to the property transaction.
After offer and acceptance, both parties are required to instruct solicitors to process the legal elements of the transaction on their behalf. Solicitors will review contracts, process payments, challenge covenants, and organise property searches. These searches include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once both parties are happy with the details provided, the process moves into the exchange of contracts. At this stage, both parties sign a contract and it is legally processed by their solicitors. Once contracts are exchanged, both parties are legally bound to see the process through, or else face a financial penalty.
Completion occurs when both parties are in a position to move forward with the transaction, transfer ownership and for the previous property owner to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Billericay?
Every property transaction is different so it’s difficult to pin an exact timeframe to every case. A first-time buyer purchasing a vacant property will have a much shorter conveyancing timeline than a property owner in a chain with multiple sellers. We estimate most standard conveyancing transactions to take between 12 and 14 weeks from start to finish, but we can advise on whether your own case will take longer than this when we speak with you.
We aim to keep all of our clients up to date with each movement in their property transaction, so if there are any delays with your own, we will let you know as soon as possible as well as what we will be doing to minimise the delay.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Billericay?
Typical searches that are carried out during the conveyancing process are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks may be required. If we need to organise additional checks for your own transaction, we will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Billericay?
Don’t hesitate to ask us any questions - we will be more than happy to provide as much information as you need. If you’re happy to go ahead and instruct us, we will begin by setting up your file and making the initial contact with the other party’s solicitor.