Conveyancing Solicitors in Potters Bar
If you are planning a property sale or purchase in Potters Bar, reach out to the experienced conveyancing solicitors at Bird & Co, who can work with you to ensure a smooth property transaction.
With our specialist skills, knowledge and experience, we can guide you through the entire process and manage all the legal components for you. All that’s left for you to do is look forward to completion while we handle all the paperwork and prevent as many hiccups along the way as possible.
Here at Bird & Co, we strive to provide a service that’s accessible to all. Not only are our offices open to anyone who wishes to discuss their transaction face to face, but we also have an online conveyancing service that’s perfect for remote conveyancing cases.
We are rated excellent on Trustpilot by many of our lovely clients, and we are dedicated to providing a superb service to each and every individual who chooses to work with us.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Potters Bar can help you
We not only manage property sales, purchases and remortgages in Potters Bar, we also cover a vast range of other conveyancing matters. Our Potters Bar conveyancing services include but are not limited to:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first-time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling a leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have worked with most of the major lenders over the years, which enables us to provide a tailored service to each of our clients, based on which of those lenders they choose to work with.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Potters Bar?
We offer a unique, high-quality online conveyancing service, which makes it much easier for us to work with clients from all over the country and internationally, too. If you would prefer to handle your property transaction remotely, our online conveyancing service could be perfect for you.
Our Potters Bar property solicitors understand just how important it is to stay up to date with the latest trends in the property market, so you can look forward to a modern and friendly approach when working with us.
Communication is key, especially for something as crucial as a property transaction. That’s why you will be assigned a dedicated case manager when choosing to work with Bird & Co Solicitors. They will be on hand to answer any questions you have along the way.
We are proud owners of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which demonstrates our commitment to:
- Providing high quality legal advice
- Getting your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Providing top quality customer service and responding to queries quickly
- Keeping you regularly updated and never leaving you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Being upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
What’s more, we also hold a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, which showcases our commitment to high-quality customer service and general practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Potters Bar?
If you’re wondering why you should choose to instruct our online conveyancers for your Potters Bar property transaction, here are just a few reasons why our past clients have chosen to do so:
- Our residential property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Potters Bar market. We can use this extensive knowledge to benefit your own property transaction.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. The safety and security of legal documents and personal information has never been more important, which is why we take the time to regularly update our cyber security, to make sure we are utilising the highest quality software and procedures.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Time delays are minimised when handling your property transaction remotely, which means that you can look forward to completion in a much shorter time frame.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Without the need for many of the resources required for traditional conveyancing processes, we can cut down the costs associated with our services when working with you remotely.
- Our residential property solicitors have managed transactions across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Premiums video conferencing software allows us to keep in touch with clients from all over.
- We are fully insured to manage your property transaction both remotely and in person. Our responsibilities to you as a client remain entirely the same, no matter how you choose to work with us.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Potters Bar?
Our Potters Bar conveyancing fees vary depending on the specific type of transaction you would like us to manage, as well as how much time and resources will be required to complete your transaction. We typically provide fixed fee quotes for more straightforward transactions, and we will always be as transparent as possible about the cost from the very start of our time working with you. If it so happens that additional costs will be required further down the process, we will let you know as soon as we are aware of this.
Alongside our solicitors’ fees, your property transaction will likely incur other costs called disbursements. These costs cover everything from the searches required, to registering a property with HM Land Registry. Depending on the type of transaction you’re pursuing, you may also be required to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your solicitor will be able to confirm which tax you are required to pay and how much will be owed.
How does the conveyancing process work in Potters Bar?
The typical conveyancing process consists of the following three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
An individual that’s searching for a property will make an offer to a seller, once they find a property they are interested in purchasing. There may be some negotiation before a final offer is accepted, at which point the two parties enter a verbal agreement.
At this point, solicitors are instructed by both parties to act on their behalf throughout the entire conveyancing process. Together, the future buyer of the property and their solicitor will carry out the following checks on the property:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once the property checks have been carried out and the findings reviewed, the process can move into the signing and exchanging of contracts if both parties are happy to proceed. At this point, the transaction becomes legally binding - if either party decides to back out after the exchange of contracts, a financial penalty will be incurred.
As soon as all the boxes in the process have been ticked, the two parties can look ahead to the completion of the transaction. This is when a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry, and the keys are handed over to the new owners.
How long does conveyancing take in Potters Bar?
Each conveyancing transaction is unique, and while others complete without any issues, others may face some along the way. Hiccups in the process can cause delays, which can increase the amount of time it takes to complete the transaction. We always try to give each of our clients a rough estimate as to how long to expect their transaction to take, and if these estimates change, we will let you know in advance.
On average, the most straightforward of transactions take between 12-14 weeks from the date of an accepted offer.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Potters Bar?
When buying a property in Potters Bar, or anywhere else in the UK, you will be required to hire a conveyancer to carry out a number of searches for you. The three main searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks are required. If this happens to be the case with your own transactions, your Potters Bar conveyancer will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Potters Bar?
Our residential property solicitors in Potters Bar will happily run through any questions you have, as well as an overview of what to expect when working with our team. If you’re happy to go ahead, we will begin by setting up your case file and assigning a case manager to you.