Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are planning to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Newbury, it’s likely that you will need to instruct a conveyancer to carry out the legal elements of the process for you. Here at Bird & Co, we have a team of conveyancers in Newbury who are available to support you with your property transaction and to minimise risk.
Our Newbury property solicitors are well-versed in all aspects of conveyancing and our firm values honesty and reliability above all else. As such, you can expect the very best level of service from our conveyancers, from the effort they put into completing your transaction to the level of detail they will provide you in any communications with you.
We also have a fast and extremely efficient online conveyancing service available. With this platform, we are able to work with clients across Newbury and Berkshire county, as well as anyone further afield.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Newbury can help you
Our specialist conveyancers in Newbury are fully qualified to support clients with a range of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have worked with countless lenders over the years, including national firms and local building societies. We understand their unique processes which helps us to tailor our services to you, depending on which lender you choose to opt for.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Newbury?
Our online conveyancing service is truly unique and it allows us to assist clients in a way that a lot of traditional conveyancing firms cannot. Wherever you are in the country and however you wish to work with your conveyancer, we can provide our services in whatever way works best for you.
Our conveyancers are friendly and, above all else, honest. It’s our aim to make the process simple and stress-free for our clients, by taking on all of the hard work while keeping you up to date every step of the way.
If you decide to instruct Bird & Co as your conveyancers for your property transaction, you will be assigned a case manager from the very start of your time working with us. You will receive direct contact details for your case manager, which means you will be able to reach them with any questions or queries you have along the way. Every member of our team is very approachable and will be happy to keep you updated throughout your time working with us.
We have an accreditation from the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which demonstrates our commitment to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Our commitment to providing high levels of customer service and practice management has also been recognised through a Lexcel accreditation by the Law Society, as well as our excellent Trustpilot ratings from previous clients.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Newbury?
Many of our clients choose to instruct our online conveyancers for the following reasons:
- We have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market and of the local Newbury property market, too. Our extensive knowledge gives us a competitive edge over other local firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We keep our clients’ personal data and legal documentation safe and secure through the use of encrypted emails, secure devices and up to date malware protection.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Our online conveyancing service can be carried out completely remotely, which reduces the chances of delays from our side of the process.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Because there are fewer resources required to carry out our online conveyancing service, we can usually offer a reduced fee for this service.
- We regularly work for clients from all over the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We use quality video conferences tools to keep in touch with our online conveyancing clients.
- Our legal responsibilities remain the same for our online conveyancing clients and we are fully insured to work with you in this way.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Newbury?
At Bird & Co, we have a fixed fee offering for our standard conveyancing services. This means that if your property transaction is relatively simple to carry out, you will not pay any more or less than other clients who receive the same amount of work from our team.
In some cases, additional work is required to fully complete a property transaction. If this happens to be the case with your own transaction, we will let you know in advance, as well as how much the entire service will cost you.
There are other costs that are required, outside our conveyancing service charges. These costs are known as disbursements, and typically include conveyancing searches and property registration with HM Land Registry. We will be able to let you know which disbursements you will be required to pay as part of your property transaction, as well as how much these disbursements will cost you.
You may also be required to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Again, we will inform you as to whether or not you are required to pay tax and how much you will owe. We can also file your tax return to HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Newbury?
Standard conveyancing consists of the following three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a property searcher makes an offer that is accepted by the seller, the two parties enter a verbal agreement. Nothing is legally binding until the exchange of contracts.
Once an offer has been agreed, the two parties should look to instruct solicitors of their choosing. At this point, the buyer and their solicitor will make a start on a variety of checks:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer should also research and apply for a mortgage at this stage, if needed.
If the property checks come back fine and if both parties are happy to progress with the transaction, then contracts can be signed and exchanged. At this point, neither party can pull out of the agreement without receiving a financial penalty.
The completion of the transaction is the date for which both parties are happy to finalise the transfer of ownership and when the seller is able to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Newbury?
Based on our years of experience working on property transactions in Newbury and beyond, we estimate the average transaction to take around 12-14 weeks to complete. However, this is just an average, and some transactions take longer or shorter than this.
Your estimated time to complete could also change during the process, based on any delays your transaction incurs. If delays do present themselves, we will let you know as soon as we are aware of them.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Newbury?
When buying a property in Newbury, your chosen conveyancer will be required to carry out certain checks, to look for any issues or risks that need to be addressed. The standard conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, further checks need to be carried out. If this is the case with your own transaction, we will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Newbury?
Our team of conveyancers in Newbury will be more than happy to explain the entire process to you, and will answer any questions you have before and during the transaction. If you are happy to go ahead with Bird & Co, your case manager will be assigned and a file will be opened.
Whether you are choosing to move to or from Newbury, our expert conveyancers will be happy to help.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Newbury
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta