Conveyancing Solicitors in Baldock
Baldock is a popular family location, thanks to its amenities, travel links, and lovely countryside surroundings. If you’re considering buying a property in Baldock, or you’re thinking of selling and moving up the local Baldock property ladder, we’re here to help.
While you look ahead to moving into your next home, we will ensure all the necessary checks and searches are carried out, that risks are assessed and addressed, and agree on a completion date with the other parties involved.
We ensure our conveyancing services are accessible to all. Whether you’re already local to the Baldock area or you live further afield, our friendly team of conveyancers are happy to assist you with your property transaction to make your move as simple as possible.
We also have an online conveyancing service that’s perfect for those living busy lives and those who are not comfortable coming to meet us in our physical offices.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Baldock can help you
Not only can our team assist with property sales and purchases, but they also cover various other conveyancing queries, such as:
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
What’s more, we regularly work with a whole host of lenders and are able to tailor our approach to your conveyancing, depending on the lender you choose.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Baldock?
Chances are you won’t have come across another team of conveyancers in Baldock who offer an online conveyancing service. We decided to make this a permanent addition to our services because of how useful it has been to so many of our clients over the past couple of years. Those who have busy schedules and those who live far away have found our online conveyancing service extremely beneficial.
We’re always looking for ways to improve the services we provide. We are not a traditional team of conveyancers - our aim is to make our services convenient, accessible and easy to follow.
There’s nothing more stressful than being kept in the dark, especially when it comes to something as important as your property transaction. That’s why we assign a dedicated case manager to each of the transactions we are instructed with. Your case manager is on hand to answer any questions and to provide you with updates whenever we have them and whenever you want them.
Our past clients have been thrilled with the services we have provided - just take a look at our Trustpilot page and see for yourself.
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Baldock?
If you’re interested in enquiring about our online conveyancing services and want to find out more, here’s an overview of why so many clients choose to opt for this service:
- Our residential property solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Baldock market. We can apply this knowledge to benefit your property transaction.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Through optimal malware protection to encrypted emails to secure devices, we put our clients’ privacy at the forefront of our processes.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With our online conveyancing service, all communication is carried out online, which means we can update you much more quickly, and we can reduce potential delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. When we don’t have to fund the additional resources that are required for more traditional conveyancing methods, we're able to reduce the cost of our services and pass on that reduction to you.
- We have been able to broaden our horizons and work with clients on property transactions across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With video conferencing, we’re able to keep in touch with these clients as easily as if they were down the road.
- We are fully insured to work on your property transaction both remotely and from our physical offices.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Baldock?
For the most straightforward of enquiries, we typically provide a fixed fee. If we believe your transaction to be a little more complex and may require more resources than normal, we will provide you with a bespoke quote. Rest assured, we will provide a detailed list of what is included as part of the service fee, so you’re never kept in the dark about what we’re charging and why.
With our quote, we will provide you with an overview of additional charges you will be required to pay as part of your property transaction. This could include the cost of conveyancing searches, registering a property with HM Land Registry, Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax, for example.
How does the conveyancing process work in Baldock?
The typical conveyancing process for buying or selling a property is as follows:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A seller may have to consider a number of offers before receiving one that they are happy to move forward with. At this point, the buyer and the seller enter a verbal (but not legally binding) agreement.
Once solicitors have been instructed, the buyer’s chosen conveyancers will organise a number of checks and searches to be carried out throughout the property and the nearby area, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
These checks must then be reviewed and assessed by the conveyancers to look for any potential risks for the buyer if they were to move forward with the transaction.
The exchange of contracts can commence once all parties are happy to proceed. This is a significant stage of the process, as it is when the agreement becomes legally binding.
The completion of the transaction can take place on a day when the seller is able to vacate the property and hand over the keys and when the buyer is able to move forward with the transaction. In some cases, there are external factors that can delay completion, something which our conveyancers will work with you to minimise as much as possible.
How long does conveyancing take in Baldock?
The length of time it takes to complete a property transaction can differ from one case to another, depending on the circumstances of both the property seller and the buyer. We can usually work to complete the most straightforward of transactions in 12 to 14 weeks from the day on which we have been instructed.
If we believe your transaction will take longer than this, we will let you know, just as we will, if any delays present themselves along the way.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Baldock?
It’s standard practice for a number of searches to be carried out during the conveyancing process, not only on the property itself but on the local area too. These searches include but are not limited to:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Baldock?
We will contact you to find out more about the property in question and your own circumstances before working on a quote for you. If you decide to instruct us, we will get the ball rolling straight away by introducing you to your case manager at Bird & Co.