Conveyancing Solicitors in Cholsey
If you’re looking to buy or sell a property in Cholsey, our expert solicitors can provide clear, realistic advice you can trust. Our team have decades of experience helping clients navigate one of life’s most exciting situations.
At Bird & Co, we understand that, unfortunately, property transactions don’t always go how we expect them to, and that’s why it is essential to seek specialist legal advice from a conveyancing solicitor in Cholsey.
Our solicitors have dealt with all manner of scenarios, from more straightforward transactions to those more complicated, so no matter your circumstances, we can deliver practical guidance to assist.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Cholsey can help you
Our Cholsey solicitors have experience in a range of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We deal with many major lenders as well as local building societies, so no matter who you choose, we can support you.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Cholsey?
Our firm provides a unique service by specialising in online conveyancing, unlike many other local and national firms. This means you do not need to visit our offices in person. Instead, we can provide our services remotely.
We always aim to offer the best quality service to our clients; we do this by ensuring our solicitors are continuously up to date with the latest laws and news.
Our solicitors know how important maintaining communication is. We do this by assigning you with an individual solicitor who will be your direct contact should you have any queries.
Our firm is well-acknowledged for the excellent conveyancing assistance we provide our clients with. We have been awarded the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. This means our solicitors will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are furthermore Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, and this shows our high level of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Cholsey?
- Our Cholsey conveyancing solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market as well as the Cholsey property market, putting us ahead of other local firms.
- We recognise the importance of security and will always aim to protect our clients. That’s why our online security systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We do this by encrypting emails and having reliable security software in place.
- Remote conveyancing is timelier in comparison to the traditional conveyancing route meaning we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Unlike traditional conveyancing, the online route does not require additional resources, meaning online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- Remote conveyancing means we can help clients even when they are on the other side of the world.
- Whether you choose the traditional or online conveyancing route, our legal obligations remain the same, and we are fully insured for your comfort.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Cholsey?
Our conveyancing fees are entirely dependent on the manner of transaction and whether there are any complexities with it. For those simpler cases, we tend to offer fixed costs, which provide assurance over prices from the outset. Occasionally, additional fees are required, and if this applies to your transaction, your conveyancing solicitor will inform you.
Any additional conveyancing fees are known as disbursements, and these usually apply for conveyancing searches and property registration with HM Land Registry.
For some clients, tax is required with their transaction, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. We will assist with calculating the tax owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Cholsey?
Conveyancing has three main stages, including:
- Offer and acceptance
- Contract exchange
When a potential buyer submits an offer, and it’s accepted, the seller and buyer have entered a verbal agreement. At this stage, it is not a legally binding contract until the contracts are exchanged and signed. Either party has the right to opt out if they wish and will not face any repercussions.
The conveyancing solicitor and buyer will conduct property checks, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once all the checks are done and the buyer and seller are satisfied to move forward, the contracts will be exchanged and signed, making the transaction legally binding.
Once the transaction is official, this is known as completion. The transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the buyer can move into the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Cholsey?
Under normal circumstances, property transactions take 12 to 14 weeks for completion. However, not all transactions go to plan due to many different factors, which means time frames can completely vary. Where there might be possible delays, your solicitor will make you aware of this and advise you of possible options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Cholsey?
When purchasing a new property, your conveyancer will carry out several searches to ensure there are no urgent problems that need addressing.
The three main types of searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Occasionally additional checks are essential. If this is the case, your conveyancing solicitor will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Cholsey?
When we agree to move forward with your case, we will guide you step by step through the process so you are completely aware. Your individual solicitor will take all the required legal details concerning your transaction.