Conveyancing Solicitors in Cheshunt
If you are selling or buying a house in Cheshunt, our experienced Cheshunt property solicitors can represent you.
Our property team have extensive experience in dealing with purchases, sales and remortgages and we understand the importance of ensuring your transaction goes quickly and without a hitch.
We can guide you through the process, ensuring you know what to expect and answering all your questions throughout. We know the risks that may arise and how to mitigate them.
We also offer an online conveyancing service for clients further afield in areas including the wider Hertfordshire district and beyond.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a property, it can help avoid delays to instruct a solicitor straight away, so that you are ready to move quickly as soon as you find a property to buy or you have a seller. To speak to a conveyancer in Cheshunt, give us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Cheshunt can help you
Our residential property solicitors are experienced in a full range of property transactions, including the following:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Bird & Co is on the approved panel for most major lenders, meaning we can represent you whether you use a national mortgage company or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Cheshunt?
Our service is efficient and friendly and your solicitor will ensure you have the guidance and support you need throughout your transaction. We understand how stressful a house purchase or sale can be and you can be sure that we will do all we can to ensure that your transaction proceeds smoothly.
We can deal with the whole process remotely, using online and telephone communication, so that you do not have to attend our offices unless you wish to. This also means that we can represent you wherever you are based.
We have accreditation from the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, meaning that you can be sure of:
- Excellent quality legal advice
- Your transaction will be completed as quickly and efficiently as possible
- You will receive exemplary customer service, to include fast responses to your queries
- We will provide you with regular updates as to the progress of your house sale or purchase so that you always know exactly where you are and what will be happening next
- We will be open and transparent about fees, providing you with an accurate quote upfront so that you will be aware of the cost of the conveyancing as well as any associated expenses such as search fees and Land Registry fee.
In addition, we have the Law Society’s Lexcel accreditation for our commitment to providing leading customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Cheshunt?
Using our online or remote conveyancing service is an efficient way to deal with your transaction and offers a number of advantages, including:
- Our conveyancing team have a good understanding of the national property market, as well as the local Cheshunt market, giving us an advantage over firms that purely deal with local conveyancing.
- We have put an online system in place which is both secure and customer-friendly. Documents and correspondence are encrypted and we have malware protection across all of our systems.
- Our residential property solicitors are known for carrying out conveyancing transactions efficiently and without avoidable delays. Because the entire sale or purchase is dealt with remotely, we generally find this speeds up the process.
- Our online conveyancing service is more cost-effective than traditional conveyancing because of the efficiency of the digital system.
- We can deal with clients wherever they are based, indeed we have carried out conveyancing transactions for clients while they are overseas.
- Our legal duty of care to you is exactly the same as if the transaction was being dealt with traditionally and we carry full insurance.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Cheshunt?
Our conveyancing solicitors fees in Cheshunt are competitive and flexible. We offer fixed fees for straightforward work so that you know exactly how much your sale or purchase will cost. In the event that any additional costs arise, your solicitor will let you know straight away.
We will also let you know what additional expenses, referred to as disbursements, will be payable. This will include search fees and the Land Registry’s charge for registering your ownership of your new home.
We will also calculate the amount of Stamp Duty, if any, which will be due and deal with the payment of this on your behalf.
For a full conveyancing quote, contact us today using our online quote form.
How does the conveyancing process in Cheshunt work?
Once you have found a property to buy, we will carry out the necessary searches on your behalf and raise any necessary enquiries with the seller.
The next stage is exchange of contracts, when the legal date for completion is set. On the completion day we will arrange for the purchase money to be sent to the seller’s solicitors and the keys will be released to you.
How long does conveyancing take in Cheshunt?
The length of time to buy or sell a property can vary widely. We generally expect a straightforward sale or purchase to take around 12-14 weeks from the date that an offer is accepted and we are instructed. When there is a chain of other transactions involved, the process could move more slowly if one party experiences a delay.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Cheshunt?
Conveyancing searches are carried out by your conveyancer whenever you buy a property. These are done to ensure that there are no issues with the property that have not been previously reported.
The three main types of property searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check for matters such as water and drainage access
Further checks may be required, depending on the type of property and where it is located. Your conveyancer will let you know if this is necessary.
How do you instruct conveyancing solicitors in Cheshunt?
Our Cheshunt conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Cheshunt, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Cheshunt
If you would like to buy or sell your home, our residential property solicitors in Cheshunt can represent you.