Conveyancing Solicitors in Haywards Heath
If you’re excited to be buying or selling a property in Haywards Heath, we can help you along the way. We have a brilliant team of specialist conveyancers in Haywards Heath, who are ready and raring to complete your property transaction in a timely manner and with as few issues as humanly possible.
Here at Bird & Co, we take pride in providing a premium level of service to each of our clients. We take the time to review individual cases in detail, from contracts to covenants to issues and risks. Rest assured that with us, you will have as straightforward a property transaction as possible.
Did you know, we also have an online conveyancing service available. Because of this, we can work with clients in Haywards Heath and in the greater Sussex area, as well as across the country.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Haywards Heath can help you
Our property solicitors in Haywards Heath can provide the following conveyancing services:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for various national firms and building societies, which means we can assist you with your property transaction no matter which lender you choose to work with.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Haywards Heath?
Our online conveyancing service helps us to assist clients across the country. No matter where you are, we can help you to complete your property transaction. Whether you’re further afield and looking to move to Haywards Heath, or you’re local to the area and want to sell up, our online conveyancing platform is here to help.
Our approach to conveyancing keeps up to date with all the latest goings on in the industry. We’re also very friendly and approachable, and no request is too big or small.
When you decide to work with Bird & Co, you will be provided with the direct contact details of your case manager. They will be on hand to assist you with the process from start to finish and can answer any questions you have along the way.
Our honest, friendly and reliable conveyancing service has been awarded a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which lets our clients know that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also have a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, which promotes our commitment to high quality customer service and legal services.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Haywards Heath?
Our clients choose to work with our Haywards Heath solicitors for many reasons, including:
- Our in-depth knowledge of the national property market and of the local Haywards Heath market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We keep all of your legal documents and sensitive information safe and secure with encrypted emails, up to date malware protection and secure devices and online platforms.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We keep delays to a minimum with our remote conveyancing processes.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. We can reduce the amount of resources needed through online conveyancing, which reduces the overall cost for you.
- We use video conferencing tools to work with clients across the country, even clients who are on the other side of the world.
- We treat our online conveyancing clients in the same way that we treat those who meet us face to face. We are fully insured to carry out property transactions either way.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Haywards Heath?
We have a range of options when it comes to our Haywards Heath conveyancing fees, which our solicitors will be more than happy to discuss with you. Straightforward conveyancing services come with a fixed fee, and we will detail additional costs for transactions that require a little more work than usual.
Disbursements are also a standard cost associated with conveyancing. These are charges associated with the searches required, as well as property registrations with HM Land Registry.
Many property transactions are also subject to some form of tax, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. As your conveyancers, we will be able to advise what form of tax (if any) your transaction is subject to, as well as how much you will be required to pay. We will also file your tax return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Haywards Heath?
The conveyancing process is split up into the following three phases:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When someone searching for a property finds one that is suitable for their wants and needs, they will make an offer to the seller. There may be some negotiation involved between the initial offer and the one that is accepted, but when the two parties reach an agreement, solicitors are instructed.
At this point, the two parties’ solicitors will begin to liaise with one another to process the transaction. The buyer’s solicitor will organise a number of checks to make on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once the checks have been carried out and the results assessed, the transaction can move into contract exchange. At this point, the agreement becomes legally binding and financial penalties are incurred if one party decides to pull out.
After the contracts are exchanged, the two solicitors will discuss a final completion date, which is where the transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will leave the property, ready for the new owner to move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Haywards Heath?
Based on our many years of experience, we estimate the average property transaction to take around 12 to 14 weeks to complete, from the point at which solicitors are instructed. Of course, some transactions can take a lot less time and others can take even longer than this estimation. We will be able to assess your individual transaction and offer an estimated time based on our findings.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Haywards Heath?
The following searches are required as part of the standard conveyancing process:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Some transactions will require additional checks to the ones detailed above. If this happens to be the case for your own particular transaction, we will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Haywards Heath?
We are here to lend a helping hand from the very start of your property transaction, all the way through to the finish line. Feel free to make full use of our legal expertise, by asking us as many questions as you have along the way. We are fully qualified to act on your behalf throughout the entire process, but we will also keep you up to date, every step of the way.