Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are looking to buy, sell, or remortgage a home in Oakham, then our expert conveyancers will be able to provide the support you need to make sure that your transaction is completed quickly and efficiently.
Moving homes is an exciting time, but it can be a little daunting, especially if you are moving homes for the first time. Our conveyancing solicitors have a wealth of combined experience in assisting individuals and families with a range of conveyancing matters and can help you to avoid any of the potential pitfalls that come with moving home.
At Bird & Co, we provide a friendly and reliable conveyancing service tailored to suit your individual circumstances. We offer simple, straightforward advice and will guide you through the entire conveyancing process from start to finish.
We offer an online conveyancing service that is practical and simple to use. This means we are able to reach clients from across Oakham and the surrounding East Midlands area, including Uppingham, Collyweston and Cottesmore.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Oakham, give us a call and a member of our team will be in touch with you very shortly, or get an online conveyancing quote.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Oakham can help you
Our team of expert conveyancing solicitors in Oakham have a range of expertise including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our team are on the panel for most major lenders, so we can support you whether you are using a national firm or local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Oakham?
We specialise in online conveyancing which means we can carry out most of the conveyancing process remotely. You won’t have to meet us in person or travel to our offices at all (unless you want to).
Our work has been designed to make conveyancing as straightforward as possible, reducing the stress and anxiety that can often come with moving homes.
When you work with us in Oakham, you will always have direct lines of communication with our team, as well as a direct email address for the conveyancer who is working on your case. You’ll always be able to contact the right people if you need any updates on your conveyancing transaction.
We have been accredited with the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
In addition to this, we are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms that demonstrate the highest levels of practice management and client care.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Oakham?
There are numerous benefits to instructing our online conveyancers, including:
- We have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as expertise in the local Oakham market, giving us an edge over firms which exclusively deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. We keep all of our conveyancing transactions secure by using procedures such as encrypting emails, securely configuring our devices and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. As the vast majority of our work can be completed digitally, there will be little waiting around for documents to be hand delivered or posted and there are far fewer potential delays to the conveyancing process.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. We can help you to avoid the extra costs that are often associated with traditional conveyancing work.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We frequently use video conferencing to talk to clients from outside the UK.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person and there are no differences to the general conveyancing process. We are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Oakham?
We can offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in Oakham, including fixed fees for straightforward work. In some cases, additional costs may be required to complete your transaction. If this is likely to be the case, then this will be clearly explained to you.
There are other costs involved in the conveyancing process, called disbursements. Examples of disbursements could include conveyancing searches and registering transactions at HM Land Registry. Any expected disbursements will be included in your initial quote.
You may also need to consider how your transaction will be affected by tax. For example, Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax might need to be paid. If this is the case, your conveyancing solicitor will help you calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Oakham?
There are three main stages to buying or selling a home:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a home, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract. At this stage, the transaction is not legally binding, meaning either party can pull out of the transaction without incurring a penalty.
The buyer will then be advised to carry out checks on the property with the assistance of their conveyancing solicitor. The sort of information they seek out could include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If needed, the buyer will also need to apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Following this, the buyer and seller will exchange contracts. The transaction will now be legally binding and both parties will need to commit to seeing it through. Penalties will follow if either party pulls out.
Completion is when the transaction is deemed to be official. A transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will be required to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Oakham?
The time it takes to complete a conveyancing transaction will depend on a number on a number of factors, but straightforward cases should take between 12-14 weeks from the date the offer is accepted and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
Delays that are out of our control can occur, which means the overall process can be disrupted. If this is likely to be the case, then your conveyancing solicitor will keep you informed.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Oakham?
Your conveyancer will carry out a number of checks when you are buying a home, which are referred to as conveyancing searches. These are carried out to assess whether there are any problems with the property that need to be addressed before the transaction goes ahead.
The checks your conveyancer carries out are known as conveyancing searches. These are completed to assess the condition of the property before the transaction progresses.
There are three main types of checks:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If further checks are required your conveyancing solicitor will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Oakham?
Our team of conveyancers will be on hand to guide you through the initial stages of your transaction and, once your file is opened, your Oakham conveyancer and their team will handle all the legal details involved in your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from or across Oakham, our conveyancers will be able to support you from start to finish.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Oakham
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta