Conveyancing Solicitors in Taplow
Where you need assistance with a property transaction, including sales and purchases, our team are specialists ready to provide tailored advice.
There can be many complexities when it comes to property transactions, from delays with the chain, parties pulling out, and immediate problems with the property. Whatever could occur can cause considerable stress for those involved.
Our solicitors will ensure the transaction runs as smoothly as possible. We will provide practical guidance and talk you through each step of the process so you are fully aware of each stage and the expected time frame.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Taplow can help you
Our Taplow team can help you with a variety of conveyancing manners, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major lenders, including national firms and local building societies.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Taplow?
We take pride in the exclusive online conveyancing service we offer, being one of the only national firms to do this. This means to seek our legal advice and assistance, you do not have to do it in person. Instead we can offer it remotely.
We think communication is incredibly important, and that’s why we will assign an individual solicitor to your case, meaning you can easily reach our team at any point throughout the process, and we will be happy to help.
At Bird & Co, we are proud to be accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means we:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Our team are also Lexcel accredited, which demonstrates our excellent customer service and management of our practice.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Taplow?
- Unlike many local firms, our Taplow conveyancing solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market and the Taplow market.
- Keeping our client’s data protected is our top priority. That’s why our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind, including security protection and encrypted emails.
- With traditional conveyancing, documents are required to be hand signed and delivered. With remote conveyancing, this is not needed, meaning we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Traditional conveyancing can incur additional costs, which can be avoided with remote conveyancing; therefore, our online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- We contact clients via telephone or through video conferencing. Due to this, we can deal with clients even where they are on the other side of the world.
- Our firm is fully insured for your reassurance.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Taplow?
At Bird & Co, we believe in transparent costs, so our clients are certain from the outset, and that’s why we deliver a variety of payment options. For cases that are more straightforward, we tend to offer fixed fees, giving you a clear idea of costs.
Occasionally additional fees are required in conveyancing, and these are called disbursements. These are usually needed for conveyancing fees and property registration with HM Land Registry.
Some buyers will be required to pay tax on top of their transaction, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Where this tax is necessary, your Taplow conveyancing solicitor will assist with calculating and filing the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Taplow?
When it comes to the conveyancing process, there are three main stages, including:
- Offer and acceptance
- Contract exchange
When an offer is submitted and accepted by the seller, the parties make a verbal agreement. The agreement is not yet legally binding until the contracts are exchanged and signed, and this means either party can opt out with a fine.
The conveyancer and buyer will do several checks, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
When all the checks are complete, and the buyer and seller are happy to move forward with the transaction, the contracts can then be exchanged and signed, which makes it legally binding, and there will be repercussions if either attempt to withdraw.
Once the transaction is official, this is known as completion. The transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the seller is required to leave the property, and the buyer can move into their new home.
How long does conveyancing take in Taplow?
Each conveyancing transaction can come with its own set of challenges, including delays, chains, etc. This means we cannot always guarantee how long the process will take to complete. Most usually, we would expect a simple transaction without complications to take 12 to 14 weeks for completion.
It is possible delays could happen with your transaction. Where this applies, our Taplow conveyancing solicitor will keep you in the loop.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Taplow?
When it comes to purchasing a house, your conveyancer will conduct several checks to ensure there are no problems with the property that need to be sorted straight away.
The three main conveyancing searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Sometimes you might be required to carry out further checks. Where this is necessary, we will inform you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Taplow?
Should you be moving to, from or across Taplow, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise. If you decide to use our services, we will run through the conveyancing stages so you are completely aware of how the process will go. We will then take all the essential legal details required in relation to your transaction.