Conveyancing Solicitors Milton Keynes
If you have plans to buy, sell, or remortgage a home in Milton Keynes, then our expert conveyancing solicitors are on hand to lend their support.
At Bird & Co, we recognise that buying or selling your home is incredibly exciting, but also comes with plenty of potential risks. Our conveyancing team have the expertise to make sure that those risks are minimised and that the conveyancing process is as straightforward as possible.
We provide a friendly, reliable conveyancing service for individuals and families in Milton Keynes. No matter what your circumstances are, we will be able to provide straightforward advice that is tailored to suit your needs.
We also specialise in online conveyancing. This means that we can support clients from across Milton Keynes and the wider Buckinghamshire area, including Oakgrove, Great Holm and Bradwell Abbey.
Get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team for Milton Keynes by giving us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors for people in Milton Keynes can help you
Our team of expert conveyancing solicitors for Milton Keynes can support clients with a wide range of conveyancing matters. Our expertise includes:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are also on the panel or most major lenders. This means we can support you, whether you are using a national firm or a local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors for Milton Keynes?
We are able to provide a specialist online conveyancing service, which means that we can complete the entire conveyancing process remotely.
Our conveyancing service is modern and friendly, and is designed to make conveyancing as straightforward as possible, helping you to complete your transaction with minimal fuss.
You will always be able to get in touch with a member of our team whenever you need to and you will be provided with a direct email address for the conveyancer who is handling your transaction.
We are accredited with the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This demonstrates our commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Milton Keynes?
- We have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as a detailed understanding of the local Milton Keynes market, giving us an edge over other firms which only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. When you work with our online conveyancers, you can be safe in the knowledge that the legal documentation involved in your transaction will be kept secure. This is done by following procedures such as encrypting emails and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. There are fewer delays to worry about when you work with our online conveyancers.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing work tends to incur various extra costs that are not present when you complete transactions digitally.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We also use video conferencing to talk to clients who are currently outside the UK.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person as there are no differences to the overall conveyancing process. We are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Milton Keynes?
We provide a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work, including fixed fees for straightforward cases. If additional fees are required to complete your transaction, your solicitor will let you know and talk you through your potential options.
There are other costs involved in the conveyancing process. These are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements include conveyancing searches or registering your transaction at HM Land Registry.
You may also need to consider how your transaction will be affected by tax such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If this is the case, your solicitor will help you to calculate how much tax is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Milton Keynes?
There are three stages to the conveyancing process:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted, the buyer and seller will agree to enter into a contract. As nothing has been signed or exchanged, the transaction is not yet legally binding and either party can opt to pull out.
The buyer will then work with their conveyancer to carry out a number of checks on the property. Examples of the sort of checks could include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If necessary, the buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once the checks have been completed, the buyer and seller will sign and exchange contracts. This is a pivotal stage as the transaction will now be legally binding and neither party can pull out without receiving a penalty.
Completion is when the transaction becomes official. A transfer deed will be submitted and the seller will need to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Milton Keynes?
The time it takes to complete a transaction will depend on a number of different factors. That being said, if everything goes ahead without any complications, you can expect a transaction to take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion. This is from the date an offer is accepted and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
Delays can sometimes be unavoidable, which means it’s important to be as proactive as possible. If your transaction is likely to be delayed, your solicitor will keep you informed.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Milton Keynes?
Your conveyancer will carry out a number of checks when you are buying a home. These are done to make sure that there are no issues with the property that need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Depending on the type of property, as well as where it is situated, further checks might be necessary. If this is the case, your solicitor will inform you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors for Milton Keynes?
Our conveyancing team for Milton Keynes will be able to guide you through the initial stages of your transaction. Once your file is opened, they can then work alongside you to advise you as your case progresses.
Whether you are moving to, from or across Milton Keynes, our conveyancers will be able to lend their expertise.