Conveyancing Solicitors in Witney
In order to get the best possible results when buying or selling your home in Witney, the expertise and experience of a conveyancing solicitor is important.
When carrying out a property transaction, it can be easy to get distracted by your excitement and make a mistake that will cost both time and money in the long run. Our team has the experience and knowledge needed to minimise the number of potential risks by providing the necessary support.
At every stage of the conveyancing process, our team at Bird & Co is looking out for your needs. Our services are reliable and straightforward, giving our clients the chance to ask any questions they may have and providing clear answers.
Our online conveyancing services are incredibly accessible, and we have been able to support our clients throughout Witney and the wider Oxfordshire. For example, in Kidlington, Wallingford, Farringdon, Grove, and many more.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Witney can help you
Our conveyancing solicitors are capable of providing invaluable support for a range of conveyancing matters, for example:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We can offer our support regardless of whether you choose to use a local building society or a national firm. This is because we are on the panel for the most major enders.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Witney?
With specialist online conveyancing services, our team in Witney can provide support for clients across the country. However, this won’t stop you from arranging an in-person meeting with your solicitor if you’d like to.
To make every step of the conveyancing process as straightforward as possible, our team in Witney always aims to provide friendly, practical support.
Additionally, when you work with our specialist conveyancing team, you will always have access to your solicitor via their direct email. This type of communication allows you to quickly contact and receive a reply from us, regarding any pressing questions or concerns that you may have.
We have been accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This proves that we can:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
On top of this, the Law Society has accredited us Lexcel, demonstrating our commitment to our clients and the services we are providing.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Witney?
There are many benefits to making use of our online conveyancers, for example:
- We have in-depth knowledge of the national property market alongside a deep understanding of the local market. This gives us a complete view of the current property market and an advantage over local firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. With malware protection, encrypted emails, and other security measures, we ensure that any legal documents and other data related to online conveyancing is protected.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. A major benefit of an online conveyancing solicitor is the reduction in delays. Without a number of both small and large delays holding you back, the conveyancing process can be completed much more efficiently.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. In traditional conveyancing, there are a number of costs for services that simply do not need to be done when everything is digital.
- We have experience with property transactions in Witney, across the country, and even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With modern solutions like video conferences, we can easily stay in contact with our clients without the need for physical meetings.
- Despite being online, we are still fully insured and follow the same conveyancing process with the same legal obligation to our clients.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Witney?
Conveyancing fees can vary depending on what services you require. In Witney, we have a range of flexible fees. This includes fixed fees which gives a clear indication of how much you will be paying from the beginning. In this instance, your solicitor will let you know if you require additional fees to complete the transaction.
During the conveyancing process, there are often other charges that you will be required to pay. These types of associated costs are called disbursements and include services like conveyancing searches.
Additionally, you must account for charges related to tax like Capital Gains Tax or Stamp Duty Tax. Your solicitor can help you to calculate this and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Witney?
Our conveyancing process in Witney can be split into three main stages including:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Accepting an offer, as a buyer or a seller, does not make it legally binding. A contract is only binding after it has been signed and exchanged by both parties.
Before this can happen, a buyer and their solicitor will run a range of property checks. These are likely to include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (completed by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (completed by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (carried out by the buyer)
At this point, if they have not done so already and if it is necessary, the buyer will apply for a mortgage.
If after the property checks both parties are still happy, the contracts will be signed and exchanged. After this point, if either party decided to back out of the deal, they will face a financial penalty.
The final stage, referred to as the completion, is the moment when a transfer deed has been submitted to the HM Land Registry, the seller vacates the property, and the transaction becomes official.
How long does conveyancing take in Witney?
Under normal circumstances, the average conveyancing transaction is expected to take between 12 and 14 weeks. However, all cases are completely unique and face their own set of challenges, making it impossible to accurately calculate how long your conveyancing will take ahead of time.
Often delays cannot be avoided, but your solicitor will keep you up to date on the progression of your case.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Witney?
When buying a property, it’s important to run a series of conveyancing searches to make sure there are no pressing issues.
The main types of conveyancing searches are as follows:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your solicitor will let you know if additional checks are required.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Witney?
In Witney, our experienced conveyancing team can lead you through the beginning of your property transaction. After this, your conveyancer will provide support and take care of all legal documents relevant to your transaction.
Our conveyancing solicitors are here to help whether you are buying a property in Witney or moving away.