Conveyancing Solicitors in Benson
Benson is the perfect Oxfordshire town to raise a family, with plenty of local shops and cafes to visit, good schools and an easy connection route to London.
If you’re looking to buy, sell or remortgage, you need specialist advice and guidance from an experienced solicitor who can help provide a stress-free transaction.
At Bird & Co, we recognise the sheer importance legal assistance provides to those undergoing a property transaction, especially with the number of legalities involved. Our solicitors can walk you through the entire process and provide their specialist assistance to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Our unique online conveyancing service means we can provide a bespoke support to a variety of clients in Oxfordshire, specifically Benson, Rokemarsh, Shillingford and other surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Benson can help you
Our Benson conveyancing solicitors have expertise in matters including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
At Bird & Co, we are fortunate to be on the panel for a variety of lenders, including national firms and local building societies, allowing us to assist no matter who you choose.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Benson?
Should you wish to complete your conveyancing process through non-traditional route, this is possible with our unique online conveyancing service, allowing us to support you no matter where you are located. If you do want to go the traditional route, it is still possible to speak to our team in person at one of our offices.
We are proud to have a team of friendly and helpful solicitors who will always work proactively to provide the best possible service.
Our team will provide you with a direct conveyancing solicitor who will completely handle your case, including informing you of any updates to your case and being available when you need a query answering.
We are proud to be recognised by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, showing our dedication to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
In addition, we are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This shows that we provide top-quality client care and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Benson?
What makes us a better choice than other firms near Benson? There are many benefits to using our online conveyancing service, including:
- We have a strong advantage over other local firms, knowing the local Benson market well but additionally having an in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- Our solicitors recognise how crucial it is to protect our client’s personal data, so our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We’ve done this by encrypting all emails and frequently updating our malware protection software.
- Remote conveyancing reduces the number of steps involved, meaning we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Traditional conveyancing means additional resources are needed. This means online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective because there is no need for these resources.
- We frequently help clients across the UK and can even help clients who are on the other side of the world using video conferencing software, such as Zoom.
- Our firm is fully insured, providing you with complete reassurance over our services.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Benson?
Due to the range of conveyancing services we can offer clients in Benson and other areas, we are able to provide our clients with a number of flexible fees. What type of fee you will need to pay will depend on your particular case and the circumstances surrounding it. For more straightforward conveyancing matters, we can offer our services on a fixed fee basis, providing complete transparency from the get-go.
You may be required to pay disbursement fees, which are additional fees for certain aspects of the process, such as property checks, local area searches and transferring ownership on HM Land Registry. When we calculate your quote, we will provide a clear breakdown of this so you are completely aware.
Some buyers will need to pay taxes on their property purchase, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Should this apply to you, we will help calculate exactly what you owe and file the return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Benson?
In Benson, the conveyancing process is broken into three key stages. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is made and accepted, the involved parties enter into a verbal agreement. This is not yet legally binding, and either party can pull out of the transaction for whatever reason without a financial penalty.
The next stage of the process is the property checks which your conveyancing solicitor will handle. Generally, these checks will include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, if it’s necessary, the buyer may also apply for a mortgage.
If the property checks are satisfactory and the parties are happy to move forward, the exchanging and signing of the contract will occur. Once this has been done, the transaction is legally binding, and neither party can retract without a financial penalty.
Once the transaction is official, this is known as completion. The ownership change will need to be registered with HM Land Registry, stating that the buyer officially owns the property. When this has been done, the buyer can move into the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Benson?
Each transaction will have a different time period for completion, but on average, a straightforward conveyancing process will take between 12 to 14 weeks.
Sometimes delays are unavoidable, but if this applies to your case, your solicitor will inform you as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Benson?
Conveyancing searches are done to ensure there are no problems that need immediate addressing.
A conveyancing search can be broken down into three key parts:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Some properties may require further checks. If this applies to your transaction, you will be informed of this.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Benson?
The Bird & Co team will walk you through the entire process so you are aware of each step. Once we open your case, you will be assigned a case manager who will handle all the legal details and be your direct point of contact.