Conveyancing Solicitors in Bampton
No matter the property transaction you are looking to carry out in Bampton, whether it is to buy, sell, remortgage or something else entirely, seeking legal advice from a professional can save you money, time and stress.
Property transactions can be complicated with various legalities and processes involved to ensure everything is done correctly. A conveyancing solicitor can ensure the process is done properly, helping to reduce delays and issues where possible. The Bird & Co team is here to help.
The team will ensure you fully understand the process and will provide close personal support throughout, making sure you are kept entirely in the loop at every step.
Our Bird & Co solicitors can offer a bespoke online conveyancing service we offer clients in Bampton and the areas further beyond.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Bampton can help you
Our specialist property transaction solicitors in Bampton can deliver support in matters including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first-time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are lucky to be on the panel for most major lenders in the UK. What this means for our clients is we can provide assistance, no matter your chosen lender.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Bampton
We are able to offer our clients in Bampton, nationally and even across the world, an online conveyancing service through video software platforms, providing our clients with a bespoke service.
We believe in modern and friendly service, and that is precisely what our conveyancing solicitors offer at Bird & Co.
When you choose to work with us, we will assign you an individual conveyancer, who will be your main point of contact should you have any queries, in addition to handling the entire process on your behalf.
At Bird & Co, we are acknowledged experts, having been awarded the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. This shows our devotion to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have additionally been awarded the Law Society Lexcel accreditation, which recognises our dedication to providing clients a top quality service and management of our practice.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Bampton?
- Our solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, in addition to the local Bampton market, making our service unique to other local firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind, helping to protect clients by encrypting emails and having malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently compared to the traditional conveyancing route due to the fewer steps required.
- Fewer resources are needed for online conveyancing in comparison to traditional conveyancing, meaning online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- No matter where you are, we can assist you, even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- We are fully insured for your reassurance, and our legal obligations always remain the same no matter your circumstances or the conveyancing route taken.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Bampton?
We offer our clients a range of flexible fees at Bird & Co in Bampton. Where matters are straightforward, we can offer our clients fixed fees. This provides clients with a clear idea of the expected costs of our services from the start. Occasionally, additional fees may be necessary, but if this applies to your transaction your conveyancer will inform you before proceeding forward.
During the process, there will be additional fees known as disbursements. These fees are often for the property registration with HM Land Registry and any conveyancing searches required on the property and surrounding area.
Taxes such as Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax may be required should they apply. If this is the case, your assigned solicitor will assist with calculating how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Bampton?
In the property transaction process, there are three main steps. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a seller accepts a buyer’s offer, a verbal agreement is entered, but this is not legally binding until the contracts have been exchanged and signed.
At this stage, several conveyancing checks will need to be made by your solicitor. These generally include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Should the buyer need a mortgage, they will apply at this stage.
Once all conveyancing checks have been made, the contracts can be exchanged and signed by the involved parties. Once this has occured the transaction is legally binding and neither party is able to pull out without a financial penalty.
The contract exchange and signing makes the transaction official, and this is known as completion. The transfer deed will be submitted to HMLR, and the buyer can move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Bampton?
Each conveyancing transaction is different, meaning no exact time frame can be given. However, we can confirm that generally, the average conveyancing transaction takes between 12 and 14 weeks from offer acceptance to completion.
It’s wise to keep in mind that delays, unfortunately, can happen in property transactions. If your transaction is delayed, your solicitor will keep you informed.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Bampton?
To ensure there are no problems with the property that needs addressing, your solicitor will undergo a number of checks. These checks often include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Additional checks may be necessary, but you will be made aware of this in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Bampton?
If you need assistance with buying, selling, remortgaging, or something else, our solicitors can assist you. When you choose to instruct the team, we will walk you through the entire process, making sure you clearly understand what is involved.