Conveyancing Solicitors in Sonning Common
If you are purchasing, selling, or remortgaging a property in Sonning Common, our property transaction lawyers will assist you every step of the way, ensuring you have a successful transaction.
There are various reasons you might need the support of a conveyancing solicitor, whether you’re planning to lease a property or buy a family home. No matter what your conveyancing needs, instructing a conveyancing solicitor can help you to avoid unnecessary delays and setbacks.
At Bird & Co, we have dealt with clients from various different backgrounds, and property transaction circumstances. Regardless of how complex your situation, we can offer bespoke advice, guiding you toward a smooth transaction.
Our conveyancing solicitors in Sonning Common, provide a convenient online conveyancing service, allowing us to reach a wide pool of clients in Sonning Common and the surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Sonning Common can help you
Our team of residential property solicitors in Sonning Common have expertise in all manner of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Bird & Co are on the panel for most major mortgage lenders. This means that we will be able to help you whether you are using a national firm or a local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Sonning Common?
We proudly offer an excellent online conveyancing service, allowing us to provide a fully remote service to all clients. There is no need to visit us in our offices, unless you want to, we can fulfil all your conveyancing needs using telephone calls, email, and video conferencing software.
At Bird & Co, we understand the importance of communication, which is why we make it easy for clients to consistently communicate with their case manager, ensuring that they are always kept up to date on the progress of their transaction.
If you have any queries about your case, our expert legal team will be happy to answer them. Our team has been accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme, meaning we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also hold Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, demonstrating our dedication to quality practice management and an outstanding level of customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Sonning Common?
- Our solicitors have an excellent knowledge of the Sonning Common market and the national property market. We believe that this sets us apart from the other local conveyancing firms in Sonning Common.
- We’ve developed our online systems to prioritise privacy and sensitive communication. At Bird & Co, we have robust security software and encrypted email systems to keep your data safe.
- Using a traditional conveyancing process often involves delays, but with the help of our online conveyancing service we can offer a smoother process, and complete your transactions faster.
- When you use traditional conveyancing services, you may incur extra fees for physical resources. For this reason, opting for an online conveyancing service can be more effective.
- Whether we serve you online or meet in person, our legal obligations remain exactly the same. Our firm is fully insured and will ensure that we protect your interests at every turn.
- With our video conferencing tools, we can support clients no matter where they are, even across the globe.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Sonning Common?
At Bird & Co we are committed to offering flexible fees and for small transactions we may be able to offer fixed fees. Our desire is to provide you with certainty from the very beginning. It could be that your case requires you to pay additional fees, and in this situation, we’ll ensure that you are informed in advance.
Where extra costs are required on top of service fees these are called disbursements, for instance, conveyancing services, or the expense of registering the property. We will provide a full breakdown of these expenses at our first meeting.
Your transaction may also be subject to Capital Gains or Stamp Duty Land Tax. Our solicitors will take care of this for you by calculating the amount owed, and then filing the tax return.
How does the conveyancing process work in Sonning Common?
During the conveyancing process, there are three main steps involved, including:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer puts forward an accepted offer, they are entering into a verbal agreement. Regardless, the deal is not legally binding until the contracts are signed and exchanged. At this stage, the buyer and their lawyer must proceed with a variety of checks, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Should the buyer need a mortgage, they will apply at this stage.
When these checks are completed, both parties must sign and exchange contacts, at this point the transaction becomes legally binding. Neither party has the option to pull out of the deal without paying a financial penalty.
On completion, the transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the buyer is now the legal owner. At this stage, the seller must leave the property so that the buyer can move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Sonning Common?
The majority of simple transactions take approximately 12 to 14 weeks until completion. Regardless, this time frame is not guaranteed, and is likely to vary depending on the transaction.
If there are any delays with your property deal, your case manager and Bird & Co will always keep you up to date.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Sonning Common?
To ensure that there are no issues which need addressing right away, your conveyancing solicitor will need to carry out the appropriate checks and searches. The three main searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Depending on your type of property, and where it is located, additional checks may be necessary. If so, your conveyancing lawyer will keep you well informed.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Sonning Common?
Our Sonning Common residential conveyancing solicitors will talk you through the transaction process, and once we begin your case, we will assign an individual solicitor who will act as your legal point of contact and discuss all of the relevant legal details.