If you are considering, or in the process of making a change regarding your property, for example buying, selling, or remortgaging, having a solicitor on your side can help prevent costly mistakes.
In Wheatley, our team of solicitors have considerable experience and a wide range of knowledge regarding conveyancing matters. They can provide expert guidance at each stage of the property transaction process and help to mitigate any potentially damaging risks.
Our clients benefit from straightforward communication with our easily accessed solicitors. They can answer any and all questions you may have regarding the conveyancing process and will provide updates so that you know how your case is progressing.
We are proud to offer faster and more reliable property transactions through our online services. Using these online services, we are able to cater to our clients’ needs across Oxfordshire, including Wheatley, Grove, Wantage and Chinnor.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Wheatley can help you
Our team of conveyancing specialists have experience handling matters including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Whether our clients choose to use national firms or a more local building society, we can offer our services.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Wheatley?
One of the main benefits of choosing our Wheatley conveyancing solicitors is our online services. Unless you want to speak to our solicitors face to face, there is no need for you to travel to our offices. This allows us to provide support to clients across the country and even the world.
Our solicitors will also make our services as straightforward as possible to limit the amount of stress you may be experiencing due to your property transaction.
Additionally, working with our specialist conveyancing solicitors will always be easy with a direct email address you can use to stay in touch and get the answers to your questions quickly.
At Bird & Co, we are delighted to be accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, showing our clients that we have the skills required to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Being Lexcel accredited by the Law Society also means a great deal to us as it shows just how dedicated we are to our clients and the services we provide.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Wheatley?
Our specialist online conveyancing services provide massive benefits when compared to the more traditional, in person methods. Here are just a few of the reasons why you would benefit from instructing our conveyancers online instead of a local firm:
- We have in-depth knowledge of the national property market. Because of this, our solicitors are more up to date on current affairs in the property market than firms who solely focus on the local area.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Despite being online, our clients’ sensitive legal documents, emails, personal details, etc are all protected. We have malware protection in place as well as encryption for emails.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Without the need for physical meetings and document exchanges, our online conveyancing process is significantly more efficient, with a reduced number of delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective than its physical counterpart. Like the reduction in time, having a completely digital conveyancing process requires less additional costs, reducing the overall price of the service.
- With online conveyancing services our solicitors are always accessible, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With email and video conferencing, we can stay in touch, provide top-notch support, and answer any questions.
- The overall conveyancing process remains the same. We are fully insured and using our online conveyancing processes does not change our legal obligations to our clients.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Wheatley?
In Wheatley, we offer a wide range of conveyancing services. Because of this, we are also able to provide our clients with a variety of flexible fees. The type of fee our clients will require depends on the services that they need and the complexity of the situation. However, if they simply require a straightforward service, we can provide a fixed fee.
On top of this, our clients will be charged for disbursement fees. These are additional costs that are required for specific parts of the conveyancing services, for example, conveyancing searches or for registering a property with HM Land Registry. Additionally, Capital Gains Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax may be required.
The solicitor handling your case will keep you updated regarding any additional costs you will be required to pay. They can also provide support to calculate tax and file tax returns.
How does the conveyancing process work in Wheatley?
Our conveyancing process can be split into three key steps:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted, both the buyer and seller enter a verbal agreement. This will not become legally binding until both parties have signed and exchanged the contract.
Following the agreement, the buyer and their solicitor will carry out property checks. These checks commonly include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (completed by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (completed by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (completed by the buyer)
If they require a mortgage, the buyer may choose to apply at this stage.
After the completion of the property checks, if everyone remains satisfied, the contract will be signed and exchanged. At this stage, the agreement is legally binding and breaking it is punished with a financial penalty.
The final part of the conveyancing process is completion. This is when a transfer deed has been submitted to HM Land Registry and the property transaction becomes official. At this stage, the seller must leave the property and the buyer takes ownership.
How long does conveyancing take in Wheatley?
A straightforward conveyance service in Wheatley can take between 12 and 14 weeks. However, each case is so unique that it’s almost impossible to accurately predict the time it will take to complete.
Delays are often unavoidable, but no matter what, your solicitor will keep you up to date on the progress of your case.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Wheatley?
When making a property transaction in Wheatley, a buyer will need to carry out a variety of conveyancing searches. These checks will identify any future issues before they become a problem.
The top three conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If you require additional checks, your solicitor will provide the necessary support.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Wheatley?
Throughout the property transaction process, your conveyancer will manage all of the legal details, so you don’t have to.
No matter where you are, our solicitors can provide expert support with your conveyancing needs.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Wheatley
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Wheatley by giving us a call or get a quote online. Our expert team will be happy to assess your conveyancing needs, and answer any further questions you have about the conveyancing processes.