Conveyancing Solicitors in Eynsham
A conveyancing solicitor can assist you throughout the process of buying, selling, or remortgaging your Eynsham property.
A property transaction is incredibly exciting, but this can be hindered by the stress and uncertainty of handling this legal process alone. Our team of specialist conveyancing solicitors have a wealth of experience supporting clients who are undergoing a change to their property ownership.
We can guide you through every step of the process and provide straightforward answers to your questions. The Bird & Co conveyancing service in Eynsham are accessible, and the team can help to mitigate any potential risks.
Our team provides fast and reliable support to a huge pool of clients across Oxfordshire, including Eynsham and areas like Wheatley, Grove, and Wantage.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Eynsham can help you
Our expertise stretches to a wide range of conveyancing processes, including matters like:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our team in Eynsham offers support to many different clients, whether they have chosen to use a large national firm or a smaller local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Eynsham?
Wherever you are in the country, our conveyancing solicitors can help you. Our online service allows us to offer legal support without the need for our clients to come into our offices.
With our services, you will find the conveyancing process smooth and straightforward with ways to directly communicate with the solicitor on your case. This is done through email and allows our clients to get prompt answers to these questions and concerns.
At Bird & Co, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This shows our clients that we are able to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also showcased our commitment to customer services and practice management. An effort that has been rewarded by being Lexcel accredited by the Law Society.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Eynsham?
It’s easy for our clients to be sceptical of our online services, so here are a number of reasons why you could stand to benefit:
- Our solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market. Their vast knowledge gives our clients an edge over firms that only consider local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. At Bird & Co, we know has crucial it is to protect your legal documents. With encrypted emails, malware protection and secured devices, our clients know they are well protected.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Compared to the more traditional conveyancing services, our remote process allows us to avoid any potential delays. This makes online conveyancing faster overall.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. By having online conveyancing services, our clients will also find that the work requires fewer additional costs.
- Our conveyancing services are for everyone, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With video conferencing and other forms of online communication, we are able to share our solicitor’s expertise with clients everywhere.
- Rest assured our online conveyancing services maintain the same amount of legal obligation to you as a physical meeting would. We are also fully insured, and clients see no difference in the overall process.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Eynsham?
Our range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in Eynsham makes our support assessable to all types of clients. For example, if you require a straightforward service and would like to know what you will be paying from the beginning, you may be able to have a fixed fee service.
Additionally, you may be required to pay for disbursements. These are extra costs that are associated with the conveyancing process. For example, registering a property with HM Land Registry.
Your conveyancing services may also be affected by different types of taxes. This may be Capital Gain Tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax, or something completely different. Your solicitor can help you to calculate and manage.
How does the conveyancing process work in Eynsham?
Included in the conveyancing process, there are three core stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer accepts a property offer, both parties enter into a contract. However, it’s important to recognise that this contract will not be legally binding until both the buyer and the seller have signed and exchanged the document.
A variety of property checks need to be carried out by the buyer and their solicitor. This is to ensure that the property is as advertised and may include checks like:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If they need to, the buyer will also use this stage to apply for a mortgage.
If both the buyer and the seller are still happy to proceed after all the necessary checks have been made, they will sign and exchange the contract. This is now considered legally binding and will cost a financial penalty if broken.
The final stage of the conveyancing process is called completion. This is where a transfer deal is submitted to the HM Land Registry to make the transaction official. The seller will then be required to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Eynsham?
The length of a conveyancing transaction can vary dramatically. Each case comes with its own unique challenges making it difficult to pinpoint the exact length of time the conveyancing process will take to complete. However, a straightforward conveyancing process is known to take between 12-14 weeks to complete after the initial offer is accepted and solicitors are brought on board.
In this situation, delays are often unavoidable, but the solicitor handling your transaction will be sure to provide support and keep you updated throughout.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Eynsham?
Before you buy an Eynsham property, a range of conveyancing searches needs to be carried out. This is done to ensure there are no underlying problems that will become issues later on.
During this process, three key types of conveyancing searches will be considered:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your solicitor may feel that more checks are needed, and, in this case, they will let you know promptly.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Eynsham?
In Eynsham, our specialist team of conveyancers can help you to navigate the initial stages of your property transaction. Additionally, all legal details will be taken care of by your conveyancer.
We can use our experience and wealth of knowledge to provide support to clients across Eynsham.