When selling a property, buying a new home, or deciding to remortgage, having a solicitor on your side can make the entire process smoother and stress-free.
The excitement of a property transaction can be easily squashed by unfortunate mistakes or risks that waste both your time and money. To avoid this, our conveyancing team in Grove can provide expert assistance based on their combined experience, ensuring that your conveyancing process progresses as smoothly as possible.
With access to clear and reliable conveyancing services, our clients can rest assured knowing that Bird & Co’s team of expert solicitors has got their back. We provide guidance and support throughout the entire conveyancing process, and our solicitors are always happy to answer your questions.
Our online services allow us to provide fast and efficient conveyancing services to areas across Oxfordshire, for example, in Grove, Chinnor, Witney and other surrounding towns, villages, and cities.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Grove can help you
With a plethora of experience and knowledge regarding conveyancing matters, our team in Grove are able to help with many services like:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Whether you are using a national firm or your local building society, Bird & Co is on the panel for most major lenders, so we can help no matter who you choose.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Grove?
At Bird & Co, we are pleased to offer specialist online conveyancing services for clients who live far away or simply don’t want to travel to a physical office. These services allow us to provide support and answer any questions you may have, no matter the situation.
On top of this, our team in Grove is always more than happy to help and will provide friendly and clear guidance throughout your property transaction.
Working with our conveyancing specialists is made easy with direct correspondence and an email address for your solicitor to ensure that you can always get in touch. This allows you to ask any questions you may have and receive the answer promptly.
Our clients can be confident in our abilities as we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means we can:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Additionally, we have shown our dedication to our clients and have been Lexcel accredited by the Law Society.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Grove?
Choosing to instruct our online conveyancers can be beneficial in a number of different ways, for example:
- With in-depth knowledge of the national property market and experience in the local area, our conveyancing solicitors have an advantage over many other firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. It’s crucial that a client’s data and legal documents are kept safe. Our online services are protected by encrypted emails and frequently updated malware protection software, so our clients know their property transaction is protected.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With instant messages and no travel times, having a remote conveyancing process can be a quicker way to carry out your property transaction.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing comes with a variety of associated costs. When completing your property transaction through online services, those costs can be avoided.
- Online conveyancing can be utilised by local clients and even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Bird & Co uses regular video conferences to keep up to date with our clients.
- Whether our clients choose online services or to meet in person, our legal obligations remain the same. Additionally, online conveyancing services will follow the same process either way, and we are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Grove?
We have a wide variety of fees available for conveyancing services in Grove. One of the most common is the fixed fee rate. This gives you a clear idea of what you will be paying from the very start. Your solicitor will also be able to let you know if any additional charges need to be added throughout the conveyancing process and why.
You may also be charged for disbursements. These are costs that are regularly associated with the conveyancing process and include things like registering a property with HM Land Registry.
Throughout the conveyancing process, your solicitor can help you to calculate things like tax, as well as file the tax returns with the HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Grove?
The conveyancing process includes three key stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When the buyer and seller enter a contract, it’s still possible for either party to pull out of the deal, as before being signed and exchanged, the contract is not legally binding.
A variety of checks will be carried out on the property to identify any problems moving forward. These property checks may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, the buyer may choose to apply for a mortgage.
If both parties are still on board after the property checks, they will sign and exchange the contract. This will make it legally binding and prevent either party from backing out of the transaction without a financial penalty.
To complete the transaction, a transfer deed is submitted to the HM Land Registry, and the seller is now required to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Grove?
From the date the initial offer is accepted, the conveyancing process will take roughly 12-14 weeks to complete. However, each situation is unique and will come with its own complications, so it’s impossible to accurately say how long this process will take.
Delays can be unavoidable, but your solicitor will know how to navigate these situations and will always keep you up to date.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Grove?
The decision to buy a property is a big one, which is why it’s important to carry out the relevant tests in order to ensure that you don’t run into any costly issues further down the road.
You should consider running the following three tests on the property:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If your solicitor believes you will benefit from further tests, they will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Grove?
In Grove, our specialist conveyancing team can give you the support and guidance needed to navigate the initial stages of your property transaction. Within this process, all of the legal details will be managed by your conveyancer, so you won’t have to worry about a thing.
Whether you are local, in another country, buying, selling, or remortgaging a property, our conveyancing solicitors can help.