Conveyancing Solicitors in Tadworth
When selling, buying, or remortgaging your home in Tadworth, you can get all the legal support you need from our expert solicitors at Bird & Co.
A property transaction, whilst exciting, can also be a cause of tension and stress. Our friendly and approachable team are always working to streamline the conveyancing process, mitigating potential risks so that our clients can feel confident that their needs will be met.
Our reliable and accessible conveyancing services support clients throughout the entire property transaction, from start to finish. We can cater to a range of clients across both Tadworth and wider areas with our online services and direct communication. This means that our solicitors will be on hand to answer any question or concerns you may have.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Tadworth can help you
In Tadworth, our experienced conveyancing team can provide expert guidance on matters like:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our solicitors are on the panel for most major lenders. This means that we can provide high-quality assistance whether our clients use a national firm or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Tadworth?
At Bird & Co, we use online conveyancing services to support clients across the country and even the world. As such, we have ample experience handling all manner of property transactions, both big and small.
Our solicitors can provide modern, friendly guidance to make our clients feel secure in their decision to enlist our help. We can discuss your need’s via video conference, phone call, or in our physical offices if necessary.
We will always tailor our services to suit your exact needs, ensuring you are always cared for. To achieve this, our clients all have direct correspondence to the solicitors working on their case, to ensure any and all questions are answered swiftly.
Because we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme we can:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Additionally, we have proven the high quality of our customer service and practice management, and are proud to be Lexcel accredited by the Law Society.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Tadworth?
By using our online conveyancing services, you will benefit from:
- In-depth knowledge of the national property market and local markets. This gives us an advantage over firms that only focus on one or the other.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Property transactions involve sensitive documents, and our solicitors utilise encrypted emails and malware protection to ensure your documents are protected.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Our online services are able to minimise delays and ensure your transaction is completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With online communication, you can avoid some of the costs associated with traditional conveyancing services.
- At Bird & Co we offer reliable and efficient services to both local clients and for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- We are fully insured, and the conveyancing process will remain exactly the same as the traditional services.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Tadworth?
Our team in Tadworth can offer clients a range of flexible fees for our online conveyancing services. This includes the option of fixed fees in the event that you require straightforward work. For more complex matters, this may not be possible.
In all instances, if you require additional services that will alter the final fee, our solicitors will be transparent and upfront so that you are never blindsided. These additional costs are called disbursements and can include things like registering a property with HM Land Registry.
Additionally, our solicitors can help you calculate Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tas, as well as filing the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Tadworth?
Within the conveyancing process, there are three key steps, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A buyer and seller will enter into a contract when an offer is accepted. This will not be considered legally binding until it has been signed and exchanged by both parties.
At this stage, a number of property checks will need to be completed. This may include things like:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Should it be necessary, the buyer may choose this moment to apply for a mortgage.
Once all the necessary checks have been completed, the contracts can be signed and exchanged. After this is done, the transaction is considered legally binding and if either party chooses to back out of the deal, they will receive a financial penalty.
The final step is called completion. At this point, a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the transaction becomes official. The seller must then move out of the property so that the buyer can move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Tadworth?
Every property transaction will have its own unique challenges, making it hard to accurately predict how long a specific conveyancing matter may take.
Straightforward conveyancing work can take between 12-14 weeks to complete. However, this process often involves unavoidable delays or challenges that may make this process a lot longer.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Tadworth?
When purchasing a property in Tadworth it’s important to complete property searches in order to identify any issues or concerns before the deal is legally binding.
The three most commonly used types of property searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases however, you may require additional searches. In this instance, your solicitor can advise you on what to do for your unique circumstances.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Tadworth?
Our specialist conveyancing solicitors in Tadworth can help you navigate the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction. Taking care of all of the legal details so that you don’t have to worry.
We can provide expert assistance to clients whether they are moving to or from or within Tadworth.