Conveyancing Solicitors in Dorking
If you are looking to sell, buy, or remortgage property in Dorking, you will require the expertise of a conveyancing solicitor.
A property transaction is often incredibly exciting, however it can also be nerve-wracking and stressful if things go wrong. Our solicitors at Bird & Co have extensive experience with all forms of conveyancing and can help to ensure you mitigate any potential risks or delays as soon as possible.
We can offer clients online conveyancing services which are highly accessible, with friendly solicitors who will guide you through the entire process from start to finish, answering any questions and addressing any concerns that arise.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Dorking can help you
Our conveyancing solicitors in Dorking can provide a range of residential property services, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for the majority of major lenders, allowing our solicitors to support you whether you are working with a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Dorking?
At Bird & Co, our online conveyancing service is convenient and efficient. With the option of contacting us via phone and video conference, as well as at our offices, we can support clients across the country with all their conveyancing needs.
These services allow our conveyancing solicitors to better tailor our services to meet your needs, ensuring property transactions are completed swiftly and with minimal stress.
Working with us will mean that you are always kept up to date on all matters related to your case. Our clients can stay in direct contact with the solicitor working with them through emails and other forms of communication.
Bird and Co is, accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, providing assurance that we will:
- Offer high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Additionally, we are Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Showing the high quality of our practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Dorking?
There are many reasons why you should instruct our online conveyancing solicitors, including:
- Our in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Dorking market. This gives us a massive advantage over local firms who don’t consider the national market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. All legal documents involved in the property transaction will be protected malware protection, encrypted emails, and secure devices.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Online services cut out delays like travel or postage, this will speed up the conveyancing process and ensuring your transaction is completed as efficiently as possible.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With these digital services certain additional costs associated with traditional conveyancing can be avoided.
- We can handle property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Through telephone calls, email, video conferences and much more, we can provide a high-quality conveyancing service to our client no matter where they are based.
- Our legal services remain the same whether we are assisting clients online or in-person. Our conveyancing team are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Dorking?
Our conveyancing solicitors in Dorking can offer a range of flexible fees for their services. They will always ensure that you have a clear indication of how much will need to be paid and let you know if additional services will be required and what they will cost.
For example, one of the payment options we offer are fixed fee services. This only applies to straightforward services and would mean the client knows exactly what they will be paying from the very beginning.
In some instances, you will require extra services like the cost of registering a property with HM Land Registry. Your solicitor will keep you up to date on how these services will affect your overall fee as well as calculating any tax owed and file a tax return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Dorking?
The conveyancing process can be divided into three key stages, these include:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
After the acceptance of an offer, both parties enter into a contract, however this does not become legally binding until it has been signed and exchanged.
Following this, the buyer and their conveyancer will complete a variety of property checks. This may include checks like:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, if they have not already, the buyer may choose to apply for a mortgage.
If when the checks have been completed both parties still wish to proceed, they will sign and exchange the contracts. This makes the transaction legally binding and a transfer deed will be sent to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Dorking?
Every conveyancing process is unique which makes it hard to predict precisely how long this process may take a client without considering their specific circumstances.
However, for a straightforward property transaction, you will generally expect the entire process to take between 12-14 weeks to reach completion.
At Bird & Co our conveyancing solicitors will always keep you up to data on the process of your case and let you know if you should expect any delays or complications.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Dorking?
When buying residential property in Dorking or the surrounding areas you will need to carry out a number of conveyancing searches to make sure there are no issues with the property.
These checks may include things like:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some instances your solicitor may feel that you should do additional searches, but if this is the case they will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Dorking?
Our Dorking conveyancing team can guide you through all of the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction, ensuring that all of the legal details are taken care of.
Whether you are moving to, from or across Dorking, our conveyancing team have the expertise and dedication to ensure your transaction is completed quickly and efficiently.