Conveyancing Solicitors in Farnham
The Bird & Co conveyancing solicitors in Farnham have considerable expertise in buying, selling or remortgaging properties in Farnham and surrounding areas and can provide proficient advice and practical support.
Buying a property can be complex and stressful, with the potential for matters to become challenging, especially where the assistance of a solicitor is neglected. Having the assistance of a solicitor is crucial during this time.
Our expertise comes from helping clients in all circumstances, including those more complex and pressing. We take pride in our bespoke and reliable service that ensures your stress levels are kept to a minimum.
Our online conveyancing service in Farnham is fast and convenient, providing support to a wide pool of clients in Farnham and further afield, including those located outside of the country.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Farnham can help you
Our expert team of conveyancing solicitors in Farnham have experience in all conveyancing scenarios, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We work with a range of lenders, from national firms to local building societies. What this means is that whatever your option, we can provide expert guidance.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Farnham?
We are proud of the Farnham online conveyancing process we offer to clients. However, should you wish to contact our clients in person, our specialist team can provide a face-to-face traditional conveyancing service.
At Bird & Co, we provide a friendly and approachable service from devoted residential conveyancers, allowing you to focus on other life matters.
Our team will provide an individual conveyancer who will handle all legal matters and be your direct point of contact throughout the transaction.
Our unique online conveyancing service has been recognised through the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, meaning we will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Our outstanding client care and practice management have been carefully reviewed, where we have been awarded the Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Farnham?
- While other firms only have skill in the Farham property market, the Bird & Co team have in-depth knowledge of both the Farnham and national property market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind, such as email encryption and malware protection. Doing this helps to secure our client’s data.
- We can provide a quick and efficient service when doing online conveyancing, compared to the traditional conveyancing route.
- In online conveyancing, costs can be kept to a minimum due to the fewer steps involved.
- Even where clients are located on the other side of the world, our solicitors can provide specialist assistance through videoconferencing software, including Zoom.
- Whether you choose the online or traditional route, our obligations do not change, and for your protection, we are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Farnham?
Property transactions can be stressful and costly. That’s why our Farnham solicitors offer clients a different funding route. For more simple matters, we are able to be entirely transparent with our legal costs through fixed fees. In certain circumstances, additional fees may be necessary and our solicitors will always keep you informed.
There are additional fees during the process known as disbursements. These fees are required for property registration and conveyancing searches.
Tax may impact your case, including Capital Gains Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax. Should you be required to pay tax on your transaction, our conveyancers will guide you through the tax return process.
How does the conveyancing process work in Farnham?
There are three major stages in the conveyancing process, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When the seller agrees to an offer submitted by the buyer, this is known as a verbal agreement, but it is not yet legally binding.
In the next stage, there are several property checks the buyer will need to carry out before completion. These include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, should the buyer need one, they can apply for a mortgage.
If both parties are happy and still wish to continue, the contracts will be signed and exchanged, making the transaction legally binding. A financial repercussion could occur if either party pulls out.
The next step of the process is completion. Once the transaction is official it will be registered with HMLR, and the buyer can move into the property when they are ready.
How long does conveyancing take in Farnham?
An exact time frame cannot be determined for conveyancing transactions as each case has its own set of circumstances. Despite this, the average time frame is between 12 and 14 weeks.
Delays can easily occur, making the time frame longer. If your case is delayed, our team will inform you and provide a number of appropriate options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Farnham?
There are a number of searches which need to be carried out before the transaction can be finalised to make certain everything is in order.
There are three major conveyancing searches in the transaction process. These are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Extra property searches may be necessary. This depends on the property type and where it is located. If it affects your transaction, we will contact you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Farnham?
Our Bird & Co conveyancing solicitors are here to guide you through the property transaction process. We will handle your entire case and keep you fully informed while answer any questions you may have.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Farnham, our property transaction solicitors will be happy to assist.