Conveyancing Solicitors in Sunbury-on-Thames
A property transaction is often very exciting, it represents a big change in your life and it’s natural to want everything to go as smoothly as possible. However, it is really important to have the right legal support when buying, selling, or remortgaging a property in Sunbury-on-Thames.
Delays when handling property often result in further costs, risks, and stress for all those involved. Our solicitors at Bird & Co can act as your guides, allowing you to feel confident throughout the conveyancing process.
Our fast and efficient conveyancing process utilises online services, allowing you to get the answers to all of your questions and concerns directly from the solicitor working on your case. We are also able to offer our services to all those in Sunbury-on-Thames and the surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Sunbury-on-Thames can help you
In Sunbury-on-Thames we have a team of highly skilled solicitors who are experts on all types of conveyancing. They can advise you on:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our team is on the panel for most major lenders, meaning we can provide top-notch support whether you are working with a local building society, or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Sunbury-on-Thames?
Wherever you are located, you can enlist the help of our expert conveyancing solicitors when completing a property transaction in Sunbury-on-Thames. We can support our clients through video conferences, phone calls, and emails, so there is no need to visit us at our physical offices, unless you wish to.
Our team works hard to ensure that our clients conveyancing process goes as smoothly as possible with minimal delays. However, if there are unavoidable delays, you will find our solicitors understanding and upfront about the situation.
The conveyancing process can be overwhelming, but at Bird & Co we always give clients a direct line of contact with the solicitor in charge of your case. That way, if you have any questions, you can find the answers quickly and with no fuss.
Bird & Co is accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, providing assurance that we will:
- Offer high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Additionally, we are Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This demonstrates our commitment to the highest levels of practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Sunbury-on-Thames?
When instructing our online conveyancers, benefits include:
- Our solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Sunbury-on-Thames market. This gives us a natural advantage over firms with limited knowledge of the national market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We take the security of our clients’ legal documents very seriously and use malware protection, encrypted emails and secure devices.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. By completing the conveyancing process remotely, you can receive documents faster, minimise delays, and ensure your transaction is taken care of in record time.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With online conveyancing, costs associated with more traditional services can be avoided.
- We can handle property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Our solicitors are capable of offering clients expert assistance with their property transactions no matter where they are based.
- Our conveyancing team are fully insured. Whether in person or online, our conveyancing service follows the same structure and our legal obligation to clients remains the same.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Sunbury-on-Thames?
In Sunbury-on-Thames we can offer a selection of fee options. For instance, clients that require straightforward services can benefit from fixed fees, where the price is clearly established from the start. In the event that additional services are needed, you will be informed promptly.
You may also be charged for disbursements, for example registering a property with HM Land Registry and completing various conveyancing searches.
Tax must also be considered when thinking about your conveyancing costs. Our solicitors can support you in calculating Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax, as well as filing the return with the HMRC.
Conveyancing in Sunbury-on-Thames FAQs
How does the conveyancing process work in Sunbury-on-Thames?
The three main stages of the conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a seller accepts a buyer’s offer, the conveyancing process can begin. Until the contracts are signed and exchanged, the sale is not legally binding.
Following acceptance of the buyer’s offer, their conveyancer will need to conduct a number of property searches to ensure that there are no major issues to be concerned about. These checks will often involve:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (arranged by the buyer)
When completed, if both the buyer and seller want to continue with the transaction, the contract will be signed and exchanged. Doing so will make the contract legally binding and, if either party chooses to back out at this stage, they will face a financial penalty.
The final stage of the property transaction is called completion. This is where the sale becomes official, a transfer deed is sent to the HM Land Registry, and the buyer can take possession of the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Sunbury-on-Thames?
It’s hard to predict exactly how long the conveyancing process without will take the details of the unique case.
Generally, you would expect a straightforward transaction under normal circumstances to take between 12-14 weeks. But this can vary depending on the situation and if any delays occur.
No matter the situation, our solicitors will be transparent and keep you fully updated on the progression of your case.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Sunbury-on-Thames?
When buying a home in Sunbury-on-Thames, a number of checks will be made by your conveyancer. These checks work to ensure any issues regarding the property are properly addressed.
There are three main conveyancing searches, these include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If further checks are needed, your solicitor will discuss these with you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Sunbury-on-Thames?
Our team of conveyancing solicitors in Sunbury-on-Thames can guide you throughout each stage of your property transaction quickly and efficiently, minimising potential risks.
We can provide the necessary legal support whether you are moving to, from, or within Sunbury-on-Thames and the surrounding areas.