Conveyancing Solicitors in Hayling Island
If you are making plans to buy, sell, remortgage, or complete any other type of residential conveyancing transaction in Hayling Island, our expert solicitors will be on hand to lend their support.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned mover, property transactions represent a significant transaction. While certainly exciting, these types of transactions also come with plenty of potential risks, highlighting the importance of the advice our solicitors can provide you with.
At Bird & Co, our team provide a simple conveyancing service that helps to keep transactions as straightforward as possible. When instructed, our team can handle your case from start to finish, tailoring their advice to your individual circumstances and addressing any concerns you have as promptly as possible.
We offer a convenient online conveyancing service which allows us to work with a wide range of clients across Hayling Island and the surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Hayling Island can help you
Our conveyancing solicitors in Hayling Island have expertise in a variety of residential property matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are also on the panel for the majority of major lenders. This means we will be able to support your transaction whether you are working with a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Hayling Island?
At Bird & Co, we provide a specialist online conveyancing service for all of our clients. One of the main benefits of this service is that we can support you no matter where you might be in or out of the country. You won’t have to visit our office in person unless you would like to.
We always make sure to carefully tailor our conveyancing service to your personal circumstances. This means that, no matter what type of transaction you are looking to complete, or how valuable it may be, you will receive advice that streamlines the process as much as possible.
When you work with our team, you will always have a direct line of correspondence with a member of our team. This includes having access to the direct email address of your solicitor. You can rest assured that, if you have any questions, they will be promptly answered.
As a firm, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, providing assurance that we will:
- Offer high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms that routinely demonstrate the highest levels of practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Hayling Island?
There are a number of benefits to instructing our online conveyancers, including:
- Our solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Hayling Island market. This gives us an edge over other firms which may only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been designed with sensitive communication in mind. We understand how important security is to all of our clients. As such, we always make sure to prioritise digital security practices, such as using malware protection, encrypted emails and secure devices.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Online conveyancing helps to minimise delays, and ensures that your transaction is completed faster.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. There are a number of additional costs that come with traditional conveyancing, which can be avoided when the process is completed online.
- We can handle property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We can support our clients using video conferencing no matter where they may be.
- Our legal services remain the same whether we are assisting clients online or in-person. Our conveyancing team are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Hayling Island?
We are able to offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in Hayling Island. When instructed, our conveyancing team can provide a clear price breakdown, so you are aware of what to expect moving forwards. If any additional fees are required, your solicitor will keep you informed.
Extra costs incurred during the conveyancing process are referred to as disbursements. Disbursements can include the cost of registering a property with HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches.
Tax should also be considered when it comes to conveyancing transactions. Examples of tax will include Capital Gains and Stamp Duty Land Tax. Your solicitor will inform you which taxes apply to your transaction, calculate the sum and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Hayling Island?
There are three stages to the conveyancing process you should be aware of. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
To start, if the seller accepts an offer from a prospective buyer, both parties will agree to enter into a contract. Note that this is simply an agreement – until the contract is signed and exchanged, the transaction is not legally binding.
The buyer and their conveyancer will then have the opportunity to conduct several checks on the property to ensure that everything is in order. Examples of checks include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage if required.
Once both parties are ready to proceed, they then proceed to sign and exchange contracts. Once this step is complete, the transaction is considered legally binding, and neither party will be able to pull out without incurring a penalty.
Upon completion, the transaction will then be considered official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry, and the seller will need to vacate the property on a specified date.
How long does conveyancing take in Hayling Island?
The time it takes to complete a transaction will depend on a number of factors. You can expect a standard transaction to take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion, but this could be extended in certain scenarios.
If your transaction is likely to experience delays, your conveyancing will let you know and run you through your options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Hayling Island?
If you are buying a property in Hayling Island, your conveyancing will want to conduct a number of checks to make sure everything is in order.
Conveyancing searches could include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Where further checks are necessary, your solicitor will discuss these with you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Hayling Island?
Our Hayling Island conveyancing team can go through the primary stages of your conveyancing transaction, taking care of all the necessary legal details.
Whether you are moving to, from or across Hayling Island, our conveyancing team has the experience and dedication to ensure a successful and speedy transaction.