Conveyancing Solicitors in Chertsey
Are you buying, selling, or remortgaging a property in Chertsey? Our team of conveyancing solicitors can provide expert insight regarding the legal aspects of the conveyancing process, guiding you throughout the process to ensure it is as smooth as possible.
A property transaction can be incredibly exciting, however without the support of a conveyancing solicitor you risk delays and a great deal of stress. With our team’s experience and knowledge handling conveyancing matters, we can minimise potential risks to ensure matters are completed as swiftly and efficiently as possible.
Bird & Co provides fast and straightforward online conveyancing services in order to be accessible to people everywhere. We have supported a wide range of clients from across Chertsey, and the surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Chertsey can help you
Our team in Chertsey can help you navigate all the different aspects of the conveyancing process, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Bird & Co is on the panel for major lenders. This means that we can offer our full support whether you are using a national firm or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Chertsey?
One of the key benefits of using our services for your property transaction in Chertsey is online conveyancing. We provide top-notch support to clients via video conference, phone calls, emails, etc. Because of this our solicitors can assist clients no matter where they are, making our services are accessible for everyone.
At Bird & Co we want our clients to feel as comfortable as possible. Our solicitors avoid using unnecessary legal jargon and provide straightforward advice to make the conveyancing process as simple as possible.
Our clients benefit from a direct line of communication to the solicitor working on their case. Ensuring that questions and concerns are addressed as quickly as possible.
Additionally, we are proud to be accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also been Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, showing the quality of our customer services and the pride we take in our practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Chertsey?
There are numerous reasons why you may benefit from the assistance of an online conveyancer, including:
- Our conveyancing solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market. This gives us a deeper understanding of the market and an edge over other local firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We use encrypted emails, malware, and other protection measures to ensure that our clients legal documents and personal data is secure.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Our online conveyancing process allows us to avoid delays, ensuring your transaction is completed rapidly.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Costs associated with traditional conveyancing can be avoided with online services, making the entire process more streamlined and efficient.
- Our services can be utilised by everyone, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With video conferences and other online methods, our clients don’t have to visit our office in person unless they need to.
- We are fully insured, and our legal obligations are exactly the same as traditional conveyancing services.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Chertsey?
At Bird & Co we can offer our clients a range of fees for our conveyancing services, including fixed fees. Fixed fees are when you know exactly how much you will be paying from the offset. This is often offered to those who require straightforward conveyancing services.
For other fees, or when you require additional services, our solicitors will always be transparent and upfront. Some additional services that may add to the overall cost of our services are, conveyancing searches and registering with HM Land Registry.
Additionally, our conveyancing solicitors can provide support with calculating and filing returns for Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax. When these services add to your overall fee, your solicitor will let you know.
How does the conveyancing process work in Chertsey?
The conveyancing process can be split into the following three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Once an offer has been made and accepted, the buyer and seller enter into a contract. This is not legally binding and as such either party may choose to back out of the deal without financial repercussions.
Before the contract becomes binding, the buyer will carry out a number of property checks with the conveyancer. This is to ensure that there are no big issues that may need to be dealt with before purchasing the property. These checks may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
After the necessary property searches have been completed, if both parties are still happy with the deal, contracts will be signed and exchanged. This makes the contract legally binding.
Finally, the conveyancer will need to submit a transfer deal to HM Land Registry. This is called completion and is the moment the transaction becomes official.
How long does conveyancing take in Chertsey?
It can be difficult to estimate how long the conveyancing process will take due to the unique circumstances surrounding each property transaction. Generally, a basic conveyancing matter will take between 12-14 weeks from the date the offer was accepted.
However, the complexity of the case and unavoidable delays can lead to this process taking a lot longer to reach completion. Your solicitor will be on hand to ensure you are up to date with the progression of your property transaction.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Chertsey?
When buying a property in Chertsey, a number of property conveyancing searches are required. This is to ensure you are aware of any issues related to the property ahead of time.
There are three key types of conveyancing searches:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If more searches are needed, your solicitors will advise you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Chertsey?
Our team of conveyancing solicitors are able to offer expert support throughout the initial stages of your property transaction, handling all of the legal details so that you don’t have to.
We can provide guidance regardless of whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging a property in Chertsey or the surrounding areas.