Conveyancing Solicitors in Caterham
If you are purchasing, selling, or remortgaging a home in Caterham, it is advisable to seek the guidance of experienced conveyancing solicitors to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Property transactions can be exciting; however, there are several possible risks that you’ll need to consider. Our conveyancing team can use their expertise and experience to reduce risks and setbacks, carefully guiding you towards success.
At Bird & Co, we offer our clients a reliable and straightforward conveyancing service. Our conveyancing solicitors can walk you through the whole process from beginning to end, as well as answering any questions or queries you may have.
Our team can provide an efficient and fast online conveyancing service, allowing us to serve clients in Caterham and the surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Caterham can help you
Our specialist conveyancing team in Caterham have plenty of expertise in conveyancing matters, such as:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
At Bird & Co, we are on the panel for most major lenders, meaning that we can offer support regardless of whether you have chosen to work with a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Caterham?
We provide an expert online conveyancing service. We can support you no matter where you are, with no need for you to meet us at our physical offices, unless you believe that you need to.
The conveyancing service we offer is friendly and modern. At Bird & Co, we strive to make the conveyancing service as straightforward as possible, minimising setbacks and ensuring a positive experience.
When you work with our conveyancing solicitors, you’ll always receive direct correspondence, as well as a direct email address for the lawyer assigned to your case. If you have any questions, we will ensure that you always receive a quick answer so that you always know where you stand.
At Bird & Co we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, meaning that our team will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also accredited Lexcel by the Law Society, representing our commitment to offering high levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Caterham?
There are many reasons why you should work with our online conveyancers, such as:
- Our solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, including the market in Caterham and the surrounding areas. We believe that this gives us a competitive edge over firms which only deal with local transactions.
- We have developed our online systems with sensitive communication in mind. At Bird and Co, we appreciate the importance of keeping conveyancing documents secure. We always protect clients by securing devices, using malware protection, and encrypting emails.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. When the whole conveyancing process can be completed remotely, there are fewer potential delays, meaning a smoother process overall.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing may incur extra costs, and these expenses can be avoided when the work is carried out digitally.
- At Bird & Co we have handled property transactions for a diverse range of clients, even those who are on the other side of the world. We often use video conferencing to communicate with our clients.
- Whether we serve you in-person or online, we uphold the same legal obligations. The conveyancing process is no different online to in-person, and we are fully insured in either case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Caterham?
We provide a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in Caterham, which includes fixed fees for straightforward work, offering you a clear breakdown of how much you’ll need to pay from the get-go. Where any extra fees are required, your solicitor will let you know immediately.
Additional costs that are associated with the conveyancing process are referred to as disbursements. Examples of disbursements that you may encounter include the expense of conveyancing services, or the cost to register your property with HM Land Registry.
Your property transaction may be subjected to Capital Gains Tax, or Stamp Duty Land Tax. If so, your lawyer will support you to calculate what is owed, and to file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Caterham?
The conveyancing process covers three main stages which include:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Once an offer has been accepted, the buyer and seller will enter a contract. The contract is not considered legally binding until it is signed and exchanged by both parties.
The buyer is required to conduct various property checks with the help of their solicitor; these include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If necessary, the buyer may also need to apply for a mortgage. Once the property checks are complete, both parties can sign and exchange the contracts, (providing that they are still happy to move forward).
At this stage, the transaction is considered legally binding, meaning that it is not possible to withdraw from the contract without having to pay a financial penalty.
At the completion stage, the transaction is considered official. A transfer deed is sent to HM Land Registry, and the seller is required to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Caterham?
Every conveyancing transaction arrives with different challenges, meaning that it’s difficult to say exactly how long it could take to reach the completion stage. On average, a straightforward conveyancing case should take approximately 12-14 weeks from the date of offer acceptance.
Naturally, some delays are unavoidable, yet if your transaction is likely to take longer than normal, your solicitor will ensure to keep you updated.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Caterham?
If you are purchasing a property in Caterham, your conveyancer will need to conduct a number of checks, to make sure that there are no problems which need to be addressed:
The three main conveyancing searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Where further checks are required, your solicitor will be sure to let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Caterham?
Our Caterham conveyancing team will be able to guide you through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, addressing all the legal details concerning your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Caterham, our conveyancing solicitors are on hand to offer their expertise.