Conveyancing Solicitors in Leatherhead
If you are interested in buying or selling any type of residential property in Leatherhead, you could really benefit from the expert guidance of a conveyancing solicitor.
It’s thrilling to be stepping onto the property ladder or making a big property change for you and your family. However, property transactions come with a lot of potential risks which need to be traversed with care.
At Bird and Co, our experienced team of conveyancing solicitors can provide the support and expert guidance needed to ensure that when you buy or sell a property, it goes as smoothly as possible.
Our transparent and straightforward conveyancing services can guide you through every aspect of your property transaction, taking into account the unique nature of your individual circumstances. With the help of our team, you can avoid costly setbacks and be confident every step of the way.
With our efficient and flexible online services, we are able to support clients across Leatherhead and the surrounding areas, and are always on hand to address any questions or concerns that arise.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Leatherhead can help you
In Leatherhead, our specialist conveyancing team can provide a number of residential property services, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our conveyancing solicitors are on the panel for the majority of big lenders, and can offer expert support whether you are working with a national firm, or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Leatherhead?
Wherever you are in the country, you can receive high-quality support regarding all of your property transactions. Our online services means that you don’t have to worry about travelling to one of our offices unless you wish to. Instead, you can get all the support you need from the comfort of your home.
Our conveyancing solicitors believe in making your experience buying or selling a property in Leatherhead as straightforward as possible, minimising the stress our clients may be under.
You can expect to be in direct communication with the solicitor who is working on your case, so that you can get fast and reliable support throughout the conveyancing process.
Our law firm is proud to be accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means you can be assured that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
At Bird & Co we are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This is awarded to firms who show dedication to their clients and can provide the highest levels of practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Leatherhead?
When using our conveyancing services, you will benefit from:
- Our property solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market as well as the Leatherhead market. This means we have an advantage compared to firms that only focus on their local market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. The privacy of our clients will always be respected and protected by our conveyancing solicitors. We use malware protection and email encryption to ensure our clients’ personal information is safe with us.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With our online services, our solicitors can streamline the conveyancing process minimising the number of potential delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. By utilising online conveyancing services, you can avoid certain additional expenses that can be expected in traditional conveyancing.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With video conferences, email, phone calls, etc, we can stay in touch with our clients and focus on supplying the best possible service, no matter where they are based.
- At Bird & Co our legal obligations to you remain the same, whether we are meeting in person or online. Our team are all fully insured for your protection.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing service cost in Leatherhead?
We are happy to provide our clients with flexible fee options when they enlist the help of our conveyancing solicitors in Leatherhead.
For straightforward work, we can provide a transparent breakdown of our prices, so you know what to expect from the start. In situations where you require additional services, our solicitors will keep you updated so you always know what to expect from our fees.
Extra charges you may incur include fees for conveyancing searches as well as Capital Gains Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax. Your conveyancing solicitor will help you in any way necessary, including filing tax returns with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Leatherhead?
There are three key stages involved in the conveyancing process, this includes:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
After the acceptance of an offer, the buyer and seller enter into a contract. This is not legally binding until it has been signed.
At this point, the conveyancer will assist the buyer in carrying out a series of property checks. This may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Arranging an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, the buyer will also apply for a mortgage if necessary.
Upon the completion of these checks, if both parties are happy with the results, the contracts will be signed and exchanged. This makes the transaction legally binding.
The final step is to send a transfer deed to the HM Land Registry, and for the seller to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Leatherhead?
The average conveyancing case is completed in between 12-14 weeks however, this depends heavily on the complexity of the client’s unique situation.
Within this process delays can be unavoidable, however, our clients can rest assured that, if your property transaction will take longer than expected, your solicitor will update you as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Leatherhead?
When buying a residential property in Leatherhead, a number of checks must be carried out to ensure there are no issues that need to be addressed.
These conveyancing searches may include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Where further checks are needed, your solicitor will talk over this with you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Leatherhead?
Our Leatherhead conveyancing team will be able to discuss the stages of your property transaction and handle all of the associated legal details.
Whether you are moving to, from, or within Leatherhead, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.