Conveyancing Solicitors in Kidlington
Are you buying or selling a property in Kidlington? An expert conveyancing solicitor can provide valuable insight regarding the legal aspects of a property transaction. This knowledge can help you to get the best possible results for your efforts.
It’s exciting to begin a property transaction, however without the support of a conveyancing solicitor, you put yourself at risk. With our team’s pool of knowledge regarding these matters, alongside their experience handling conveyancing matters, we can minimise potential risks and guide you through the entire process.
Our team never wants to make anyone feel confused or lost regarding your property transaction. Because of this, we provide clear, straightforward support that can be accessed easily.
Bird & Co provides fast and reliable online conveyancing services in order to be accessible to people everywhere. We have guided many different clients from across Kidlington, Carterton, Benson and further afield.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Kidlington can help you
At Bird & Co, our team in Kidlington can guide you through all the different aspects of the conveyancing process, for example:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our team is on the panel for major lenders. As such, it doesn’t matter if you are using a national firm or a local building society, we can still offer our full support.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Kidlington?
One of the primary benefits of our conveyancing services in Kidlington is our online systems. We can provide expert support to clients around the country via video conference, ensuring that our conveyancing services are accessible for everyone. In the event that you would prefer to speak to our solicitor’s face to face, we can arrange for a meeting at our physical offices.
With our straightforward, friendly, and supportive conveyancing service, Bird & Co will always aim to make the entire process as simple as possible.
With us, you will have a direct method of communication between you and the solicitor working on your case, allowing you to always be able to find the answer to your questions quickly.
Being accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also been Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This showcases the high quality of our customer services and the pride we take in our practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Kidlington?
If you are looking for help with your property transaction, consider instructing our online conveyancers. The benefits of our online services include:
- Our conveyancing solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market. Because of this, we have a broader understanding of the market compared to other local firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. To put our clients’ minds at ease, we use encrypted emails, malware protection on all our devices, and other measures to protect legal documents, personal data, and much more.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With a completely remote conveyancing process, there are significantly fewer delays to be concerned about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With an entirely online process for conveyancing, many costs that clients are likely to be charged for with a physical service are avoided.
- Our online services are accessible for everyone, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With the use of video conferences to keep in close contact with our clients, Bird & Co’s conveyancing service can be accessed anywhere.
- Whether our clients are in person or completely online, the stages of the conveyancing process remain the same, as does our legal obligation to you and the fact that we are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Kidlington?
Our team in Kidlington have a variety of flexible fees for conveyancing services, including fixed fees. This is when a clear price is placed on a piece of work from the very beginning. In the event that additional services are required, your solicitor will update you on the overall price.
There are other costs, or disbursements, that you may incur during the conveyancing process, including things like conveyancing searches or registering your property with HM Land Registry.
When considering the cost of conveyancing services, it’s important that you don’t forget about tax. Luckily, your solicitor is able to provide you with the necessary support when calculating tax and claiming returns with HMRC. Your fee may be affected by Stamp Duty Tax, Capital gains Tax, etc.
How does the conveyancing process work in Kidlington?
The conveyancing process can be split into the following stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When the offer is made, and the buyer and seller both agree, it’s important to note that the contract is not yet legally binding. This only happens after both contracts are signed and exchanged.
Following an offer, the buyer will require the time to run a variety of property checks to ensure everything is as it was advertised. These checks may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If needed, this is the stage in which the buyer will apply for a mortgage.
When all necessary property checks have been completed, if both parties are still satisfied, contracts will be exchanged. When everything is signed, the deal becomes legally binding and no party can pull out without financial consequences.
The final stage is to submit a transfer deal to HM Land Registry. This makes the transfer official and brings the property transaction to completion.
How long does conveyancing take in Kidlington?
Because of the unique nature of each property transaction, it can be difficult to estimate how long the conveyancing progress will take. Generally, a straightforward case will take between 12-14 weeks from the date the offer was accepted, but this is subject to change.
Many delays are unavoidable, but in the event that your conveyancing transaction will take longer than expected, your solicitor will let you know.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Kidlington?
A number of property conveyancing searches are needed if you choose to buy a property in Kidlington. This is to ensure you are aware of any problems or concerns regarding the property ahead of time.
There are three key types of conveyancing searches:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If more information is needed, your solicitor may recommend additional searches.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Kidlington?
Our team is able to support you throughout the initial stages of your property transaction, with all the legal details being handled by your conveyancer.
We can provide expert guidance regardless of whether you are buying/selling a property in Kidlington.