Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Horley really does have something for everyone - it’s close enough to Gatwick Airport for anyone with a passion for travel, yet the town itself has plenty of green space and amenities for those looking for an affordable location in Surrey with a lovely community feel.
Anyone considering a property sale or purchase in Horley should consider getting in touch with our friendly Horley conveyancers. With years of experience in the local and national property market, our residential property solicitors can help you to process your property transaction with as few hiccups as possible along the way.
We pride ourselves in delivering an outstanding service to each of our clients, which is why we’re rated excellent on Trustpilot. We also strive to provide a conveyancing service that’s accessible to all.
Our fast and easy to use online conveyancing service is becoming increasingly popular, year after year. This service allows us to work with clients all over the country, so whether you’re local to the Horley area or thinking about moving here from further afield, we can help you.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Horley can help you
There’s much more to conveyancing than buying or selling a property. Our experienced residential property solicitors in Horley can process a wide range of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have plenty of experience in working with various lenders, including national firms and local building societies. We are happy to tailor our approach to your conveyancing, to suit both your needs and the needs of the lender you choose to work with.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Horley?
Our online conveyancing service is quite unique, and not all conveyancing firms offer this. We are able to manage your property transaction remotely and can keep you up to date through video conferencing and email communications. There is no need to meet us face to face unless you specifically request to meet with us.
We understand that the conveyancing process can be a little daunting, which is why we strive to make it as simple and stress-free as possible for each of our clients. We are happy to answer any questions you have along the way.
We believe a personal approach is crucial when it comes to something as important as a property transaction. We provide each of our clients with a dedicated case manager who will be responsible for keeping you up to date with the progress of your transaction.
We are delighted to have been awarded a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which recognises our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
What’s more, we also have a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, which we achieved through excellent customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Horley?
Clients choose to utilise our online conveyancing service for many reasons, some of which we have listed below:
- Our Horley conveyancers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Horley market. We can apply this knowledge and experience to the work we carry out for you.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Using encrypted emails, high quality malware protection and secure devices, we take the time to ensure your legal documents and personal information are safe with us.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We can cut out some of the admin tasks associated with traditional conveyancing, when working on your transaction remotely. This reduces the chances of delays occurring.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Without the need for some of the admin tasks associated with traditional conveyancing, we can strip back our fees and offer you the same level of service for less.
- We regularly deal with property sales and purchases all over the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Video conferencing software helps us to keep in touch with clients from far and wide, just as much as we would with our clients who meet us face to face.
- We maintain the same level of responsibility for your transaction as we would if we worked with you face to face. We are fully insured to work with clients in both ways.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Horley?
We take a tailored approach to our Horley conveyancing fees, because no two transactions are the same. The time it takes to process a property sale or purchase is typically longer than the time it takes to process remortgaging. We are more than happy to provide you with our fees when you enquire about a particular conveyancing service.
Of course, some transactions take much more time and resources to complete, such as property sales involved in a lengthy chain, or property purchases where problems arise from the checks and searches. We always try to provide an accurate service cost upfront, but if additional fees are required along the way, we will let you know in advance.
How does the conveyancing process work in Horley?
The general conveyancing process is organised by the following three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A buyer and seller will enter a verbal agreement once the buyer makes an offer that is accepted by the seller. There are no legal ties to the agreement at this stage in the process.
Once solicitors are instructed, the buyer’s solicitors will arrange various checks to be carried out on the property. The usual checks involve:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once checks have been carried out and reviewed, the two parties decide whether they would still like to proceed with the transaction. If they would like to, proceedings move into the signing and exchanging of contracts. This is what makes the agreement legally binding and where financial penalties come into play for parties who wish to pull out in the future.
Shortly after exchange comes completion, where the transfer of ownership becomes official and where the keys are handed over to the new owners.
How long does conveyancing take in Horley?
There is no guarantee how long each individual transaction will take to complete, but our experience tells us that, on average, the most straightforward of transactions take between 12-14 weeks from the instruction of solicitors.
As your conveyancers, we have a duty to keep you up to date with where your transaction is up to, and if delays present themselves, we will let you know as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Horley?
As with all other property transactions across the UK, when buying a property in Horley, your solicitor will be required to arrange a number of property and area searches:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks are required. If this happens to be the case with your transaction, your client manager will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Horley?
We can discuss your transaction and answer any questions you have before you make a decision on whether or not to work with us. If you do decide to instruct us to work on your sale or purchase, we will get things started by introducing you to your account manager.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Horley
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta