A lot can go wrong when you are buying, selling, or remorgaging a property. However, with the experience and expertise of our conveyancing team in Faringdon, you can ensure that you don’t make any costly mistakes.
With our friendly conveyancing solicitors as your guide, you can avoid these errors and carry out an effective property transaction quickly. Mitigating the many risks associated with conveyancing.
Our clients receive hands on support from our solicitors at Bird & Co and careful direction throughout the entire conveyancing process. We aim to provide straightforward answers to all of your questions and make this task an easy one.
With fast and reliable online services at our disposal, we are also able to assist clients across the country. In particular, we offer our conveying services across Faringdon, Grove, Carterton, and other Oxford areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Faringdon can help you
With our exceptional team in Faringdon, we can provide guidance regarding conveyancing matters like:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
As we are on the panel for many major lenders, we are capable of supporting clients who are using local building societies as well as those making use of a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Faringdon?
We believe our clients should be able to contact us from anywhere, which is why we offer online conveyancing services. This means we can provide guidance and support even if you can’t make it to one of our physical offices.
The service that we provide will always be straightforward and delivered by our friendly team to make your conveyancing process as smooth as possible.
When you work with our conveying specialists in Faringdon, you will be able to get in touch with the solicitor working on your case. We use direct emails to keep in constant communication with our clients, giving us the opportunity to answer any questions you may have promptly.
We are proud to be accredited by Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. A fact that reassures out clients that we are capable of:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also thrilled to have our dedication to customer service and practice management recognised by the Law Society as we have been Lexcel accredited.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Faringdon?
Choosing to instruct online conveyancers over a local firm has more benefits that you might think:
- Our conveyancers have an advantage over local firms due to our solicitor’s in-depth knowledge of the national property market. This gives us more information regarding the overall property market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. One of the main misconceptions regarding our online conveyancing services is that there is a lack of protection. We encrypt all of our emails, secure our devices and use malware protection to ensure that your legal documents and personal data is safe.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With a completely remote conveyancing process, we are able to reduce the number of delays our client’s experience.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Our online services can save our clients many of the additional costs that would affect the traditional conveyancing process.
- Our specialist conveyances solicitors can offer their support to people everywhere, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. This can be done via video conferencing, so our clients get the attention they deserve.
- We are fully insured and able to offer the same standard of service as the more traditional conveyancing. Working digitally does not affect the process and we still have the same legal obligation to our clients.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Faringdon?
Our team in Faringdon can offer a variety of fixable fee options so that our services are accessible to everyone. If you would like to know exactly what you are paying for our services, you can choose a fixed fee option. In this instance, if you need an additional service that will add to your price, your solicitor will inform you.
You must also consider the other associated costs within the conveyancing process. These are called disbursements and may include things like conveyancing searches.
Additionally, tax must be taken into account. For example, your solicitor can help you calculate the amount of Capital Gain Tax you may owe and help you to file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Faringdon?
Within the conveyancing process, there are three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When the buyer and seller agree to a deal a contract is made. This contract will only become legally binding once it is signed and exchanged.
Following this, the buyer and their solicitor will examine the property to make sure it is as advertised. This is done through a serious of checks like:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If it is necessary, the buyer may then choose to apply for a mortgage.
If both parties are in agreement, the contract will be signed. After this point, the transaction is legally binding and is either party wants to back out of the deal they will have to pay a financial penalty.
Finally, the seller will leave the property and a transfer deal is submitted to HM Land Registry making the transaction official. This is called completion.
How long does conveyancing take in Faringdon?
After you begin instructing a solicitor and the property offer is initially accepted, a basic conveyancing process will take between 12 and 14 weeks. However, every property transaction is unique and has their own complications. This makes it very difficult to say exactly how long the process will take from start to finish.
Delays in conveyancing can be unavoidable, but the solicitor working on your case will always keep you up to date on the latest information.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Faringdon?
There are a number of checks that your conveyancer will run to make sure that the property you are purchasing in Faringdon is a good investment.
The main three conveyancing searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your solicitor may feel like more checks are needed, if this is the case, they shall let you know as soon as possible.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Faringdon?
In Faringdon, our specialist solicitors can provide support throughout the initial stages of your property transaction. Any legal details will be handled by your conveyancer, allowing you to enjoy the process without the stress.
If you are moving to Faringdon or selling your property, our team of conveyancing solicitors can provide the necessary support.