It is a big decision to buy, sell, or remortgage your home, but with the help of our experienced conveyancing solicitors in Chinnor you can ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible.
Property transactions can be incredibly exciting and often represent a huge change in your life. However, the process can quickly become a heavy burden. To avoid making costly mistakes and reduce the number of risks you are taking throughout the conveyancing process, getting the opinion and guidance of our specialist solicitors is a must.
At Bird & Co, we pride ourselves on our accessible and straightforward conveyancing services. We will be with you every step of the way to provide support, answer your questions, and ensure you get the results you are looking for.
Additionally, our online services are perfect for clients who are looking for speedy results. With these services we are able to assist clients wherever they may be. Including across Chinnor and the wider Oxfordshire area.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Chinnor can help you
In Chinnor, our expert conveyance specialists can assist you with matters including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We can provide support for our clients regardless of whether they are using a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Chinnor?
Our specialist online conveyancing services allow us to give our clients the support they deserve wherever they are. If you want to, we can meet in our physical offices, however with our online video conferences we are not limited by distance.
At Bird & Co, our solicitors will always provide straightforward, friendly guidance to make your property transaction as easy as possible.
One of the benefits of working with our team in Chinnor is the open communication between our solicitors and you as our client. You will receive the direct email address for the solicitor you will be working with, so you always have a way to quickly get in touch, ask any questions or raise concerns.
Bird & Co is accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, proving that we can reliably:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Similarly, our Lexcel accreditation by the Law Society demonstrates the high quality of both our practice management and dedication to our clients.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Chinnor?
Online conveyancers can be an incredible asset for a number of reasons, including:
- Our solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market and the local market in Chinnor.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We are aware that legal documents are still important when services are delivered online. By encrypting emails and using malware protection, we are able to protect our clients.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Online conveyancing comes with fewer delays throughout the process.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With our online services, a range of additional costs can be avoided.
- Using online conveyancing, we are able to provide support for clients who are on the other side of the world. No matter where our clients may be, with video conferences and other online methods, we can remain in touch.
- Whether you are meeting our team in person or online, we still maintain the same legal obligation to you. We are fully insured, and the conveyancing process remains the same for both online and in person clients.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Chinnor?
In Chinnor, the cost of our conveyancing services will vary depending on the service you require. We offer our clients flexible fees, including fixed fees where there amount of payment you will be required to pay is clear from the beginning. In the event that additional fees need to be included, the solicitor working with you on your case will update you.
Further fees may come into effect throughout the conveyancing process. For example, conveyancing searches and registering a property are both types of disbursements.
It’s also important to consider the effect of tax on your property transaction. Your solicitor can help you to calculate the amount of Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax, etc, that you are required to pay. They can also provide support when filing tax returns with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Chinnor?
Within the conveyancing process, there are three key stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Following an acceptation both parties enter a contract, however either one can change their mind without consequences until it has been signed and exchanged by both the buyer and the seller.
There are a number of checks that the buyer and a solicitor will carry out on the property. These checks include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If necessary, the buyer will apply for a mortgage at this stage.
If the buyer is happy with the results of the checks and the seller is still onboard the contract will be signed. If either party chooses to back out now, there will have to pay a financial penalty as the contract is now legally binding.
When a transfer deed has been submitted to the MH Land Registry and the property transaction has become official, this is known as completion. At this stage, the seller will be required to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Chinnor?
In Chinnor, our team has worked with a wide variety of clients. Because of this, we know just how unique each situation can be, with completely different challenges and setbacks. The average piece of conveyancing work will take around 12 to 14 weeks to complete, however it’s very difficult to predict.
Your solicitor will keep you informed throughout the process and give you an idea of the time frame by letting you know about any delays that can be expected.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Chinnor?
A number of conveyancing searches are required to make sure there are not massive issues with the property that will cause problems later.
The three most important types of conveyancing services are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your solicitor will let you know if any additional searches that are needed.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Chinnor?
Our team in Chinnor can help you navigate the initial steps of your property transaction. You will be supported throughout, and your conveyancer can help you with all the legal details of the transaction.
Our solicitors can use here experience to help you if you have decided to move out of or buy a property Chinnor.