Conveyancing Solicitors in Carterton
When buying or selling your home, having the expertise of a conveyancing solicitor can help to ensure that you don’t make any mistakes that will cost both time and money.
By helping to mitigate some of the many risks associated with property transactions, an experienced solicitor can be invaluable. At Bird & Co, our conveyancing team can provide the friendly and experience driven advice needed to guide you throughout this process.
We put our clients’ needs first, always making sure our services are as accessible and straightforward as possible. At each stage of the conveyancing process, you will receive attentive support from our team, who are happy to answer any questions that you have.
With our online services and supportive solicitors, we can reach our clients wherever they are. Making our conveyancing services that much more efficient and direct. We have clients across Carterton but also in places like Kidlingon, Witney, Grove, and Benson.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Carterton can help you
We can provide expert support regarding conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Bird & Co is on the panel for many major lenders, allowing us to offer conveyancing support whether you are using a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Carterton?
Our clients at Bird & Co benefit from our specialist online conveyancing services, allowing us to provide direct support from anywhere in the country. However, if you would prefer to speak to our solicitors in person, we can arrange for you to visit one of our physical offices.
When you do speak to our team, you will find they are friendly and happy to help. Our aim at Bird & Co is to make your property transaction as smooth as possible and to keep the pressure off our clients.
Working with our conveyancing team means you will always have a way to contact your solicitor directly. This allows you to quickly get the answer to any questions that you may have, as well as allows us to keep you fully up to date on the progress of your case.
Bird & Co is accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. Because of this, it has been established that we can:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Additionally, we are Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, conveying our dedication to our clients, the quality of our services and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Carterton?
But why should you instruct our online conveyance solicitors over a different Carterton solicitor? There are a wide range of benefits to using our online services, including:
- Our team has both an understanding of the market in Carteron and in-depth knowledge of the national property market. This provides us with a healthy advantage over firms that only handle local conveyancing matters.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We protect our client’s privacy and keep their legal documents, emails, and other data secure. This is done with encryptions and malware protection.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With less need for in person meetings, online conveyancing is quick and efficient.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With everything completed and sent digitally, clients who use our online conveyancing service bypass many of the associated costs.
- Our solicitors have experience handling cases from across the country and even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With video conferences, we are still able to provide an effective service for our clients no matter where they are.
- We are fully insured, and our legal obligation, along with the conveyancing process, is exactly the same online as it would be in person.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Carterton?
With a range of flexible fees available for our Carterton conveyancing services, there is something for everyone. For example, our fixed fee options can be perfect for more straightforward services as it lets you know exactly how much you will need to pay from the start. In this instance, if any additional services are needed, the solicitor helping you with your case will let you know.
Additionally, there are other costs associated with conveyancing that you are likely to incur. These are called disbursements and may include things like registering with the HM Land Registry.
You will also be required to pay the relevant tax for your service. For example, Capital Gains Tax or even Stamp Duty Land Tax. Your solicitor will be on hand to help manage your expectations, calculate what you owe, and file returns with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Carterton?
In Carterton, the conveyancing process is broken into three key stages. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Generally, when the buyer and seller agree to a deal, they enter into a contract. However, this is not legally binding until it has been signed and exchanged by both parties.
Here are a variety of tests to be carried out by the buyer and their solicitor. These include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, the buyer will also apply for a mortgage if they need one.
Following this, if the checks did not reveal anything that caused either party to back out and both parties are happy to go ahead, the contracts will be signed. This makes the transaction legally binging and means that if either party chooses to pull out of the deal, they will face financial penalties.
At this stage, completion, the moment when the transaction is made official, has been reached. Now the only thing left to do is submit a transfer deed to the HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Carterton?
The standard amount of time it takes for conveyancing work is around 12 to 14 weeks from the offer acceptance. This, however, is only in extremely straightforward cases, as each conveyancing transaction comes with its own challenges making it impossible to accurately predict the timeframe from the beginning.
Unfortunately, some delays are often unavoidable, but your solicitor will always keep you up to date on your case’s progress and setbacks.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Carterton?
Before you purchase a property in Carterton, there are a number of checks that need to be run. This is to ensure there are no issues with the property that you need to be aware of before moving forward.
The three main checks you will need to make on a property are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your solicitor will inform you in the event that you need to run additional tests.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Carterton?
Our team in Carterton can help you to initiate your conveyancing transaction and guide you through each stage of the process. Your conveyancer is also able to support you by handling all the legal documents. This includes instances where you are moving to or from Carterton.