Conveyancing Solicitors in Waterlooville
At Bird & Co, we can provide expert guidance to those buying, selling, or remortgaging their home in Waterlooville. Our solicitors have years of experience supporting clients in these matters and can ensure the process is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Property transactions are exciting. They represent a great deal of change in life, and whilst this can be thrilling, without support, it can also quickly overwhelm you. Our conveyancing solicitors in Waterlooville understand this and are dedicated to mitigating risks and providing clear guidance throughout the entire process.
We understand that our clients have a lot on their minds and so we are on hand to answer any questions you may have regarding your property transaction. On top of this, our team is proud to deliver a reliable and accessible service to all.
With our online services, we are not only able to offer our high-quality services to clients across Waterlooville but also throughout England in areas like Romsey, Andover, New Milton and much more
How our conveyancing solicitors in Waterlooville can help you
In Waterlooville, our experienced conveyancing team offer their expertise regarding matters like:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We can help clients handle all types of property transactions, and because we are on the panel for the majority of major lenders, we can offer our services whether our clients are using a national firm or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Waterlooville?
With our online conveyancing services, we have no problem supporting clients across the country, ensuring that they receive all the support that they need without having to travel to one of our physical offices.
Our aim will always be to meet our client’s exact needs and ensure that their conveyancing process goes as smoothly as possible.
At Bird and Co, you will always have direct correspondence with our friendly and compassionate team. Whether this is emailing the solicitor working on your case for an update or asking any questions you may have.
Because we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, we can:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Additionally, we have proven the high quality of our services and the skill of our team and are proud to be Lexcel accredited by the Law Society.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Waterlooville?
You should instruct our specialist, online conveyancers, because:
- We offer in-depth knowledge of the national property market and the local Waterlooville property markets.
- Our solicitors understand that our clients are entrusting us with personal data, and so we ensure that our systems are always up to date with sensitive communication in mind.
- Because we can provide high quality remote services, we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Dramatically reducing the number of delays you may face throughout the conveyancing process.
- When working digitally, we can get sensitive documentation to you immediately, communicate more efficiently through video and phone calls, and easily stay on top of potential delays or errors. Because of this, online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- Bird and Co can offer reliable and efficient conveyance services to everyone, even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Whether you choose to use our online service or would prefer to speak to our solicitor’s face to face, the overall conveyancing process will remain the same, and we are fully insured for our client’s safety.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Waterlooville?
In Waterlooville, we are happy to offer clients using our conveyancing services a range of flexible fees to choose from.
If your conveyancing needs are straightforward, our solicitors can provide clients with a fixed fee. This means that you will know exactly how much you will be paying for our services from the beginning and if we need to add any additional charges, our solicitors will discuss these matters with you.
In some instances, you may be required to pay additional fees for disbursements and tax purposes. This will pay for things like registering with HM Land Registry, paying for external services like conveyancing searches and taxes like Capital Gains or Stamp Duty Land Tax.
How does the conveyancing process work in Waterlooville?
The conveyancing process will include three key steps, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A buyer and seller will enter into a verbal contract when an offer for the property is accepted. This contract is not considered legally binding.
To ensure that the property is as advertised and worth the value being paid, it is the buyer’s and their solicitor’s responsibility to carry out thorough property checks. For example:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this point, the buyer may choose to apply for a mortgage.
Once the buyer and their solicitor have completed the necessary checks, if both parties are on board, the contracts can be signed and exchanged. This makes the transaction legally binding, and a transfer deed will be submitted to the HM Land Registry.
If either party chooses to pull out of the transaction once the contracts have been signed and exchanged, they will face a financial penalty.
How long does conveyancing take in Waterlooville?
The unique circumstances each client is in means that it is difficult to accurately predict how long the conveyancing process may take, as it can differ greatly between clients.
However, it’s important to note that generally, the conveyancing process can take around 12-14 weeks. Although unavoidable delays and other difficulties often found in more complex conveyancing matters can mean that this process could take much longer to complete.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Waterlooville?
Property searches are an important and time-consuming part of the conveyancing process. They allow a buyer to ensure that the property they are purchasing does not have any serious errors that could affect the value or appeal of the property.
There are three key types of property searches including:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In the event that your solicitor feels that more searches may be necessary, they will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Waterlooville?
Once you have contacted our specialist conveyancing solicitors in Waterlooville, they can help you navigate the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction. Managing all the necessary legal details and ensuring the process is as straightforward as possible for your convenience.
We are happy to support anyone moving to or from or within Waterlooville with their property transactions.