Conveyancing Solicitors in New Milton
No matter what type of residential property transaction you are looking to complete in New Milton, you will need the support and guidance of an expert conveyancing solicitor.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or are already on the property ladder, conveyancing transactions are very exciting. However, they also come with plenty of potential risks which need to be carefully navigated. Our expert team of conveyancers can call on their substantial conveyancing knowledge and experience to ensure everything goes ahead as smoothly as possible.
At Bird & Co, we provide a straightforward and efficient conveyancing service, which is highly accessible no matter your individual circumstances. Our conveyancing solicitors can take you through the entire conveyancing process from start to finish, addressing any concerns and questions you have along the way.
Our firm also provides a convenient online conveyancing service. This allows us to work with a wide range of clients across New Milton and the surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in New Milton can help you
Our conveyancing solicitors in New Milton offer a range of residential property services, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our team are on the panel for the majority of major lenders. This means we can assist you whether you are working with a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in New Milton?
At Bird & Co, we offer an online conveyancing service which allows us to support your property transaction from wherever you are in the country. There is no need to attend our offices in person, unless this is your preference.
Our conveyancing service is carefully tailored to your individual circumstances and is designed to be as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
When you work with our conveyancing solicitors, you will always receive direct correspondence, including the direct email address for the solicitor handling your case. lf you have any questions regarding your case, you will always be able to receive a prompt answer.
As a firm, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, providing assurance that we will:
- Offer high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is awarded to firms which routinely demonstrate the highest levels of practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in New Milton?
There are a number of benefits to instructing our online conveyancers, including:
- Our solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local New Milton market. This gives us an edge over other firms which may only handle local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We understand that security is incredibly important for all of our clients, which is why we always take steps like using malware protection, encrypted emails and secure devices.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Completing the entire conveyancing process online ensures that we minimise delays, and complete your transaction faster.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Using online processes means that we can avoid certain additional costs, with traditional conveyancing tending to be more expensive.
- We can handle property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We can assist clients, no matter where they are, using video conferencing tools.
- Our legal services remain the same whether we are assisting clients online or in-person. Our conveyancing team are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in New Milton?
We offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in New Milton. From the outset, we will make sure that you have a clear price breakdown so you know exactly what to expect. If any additional fees are required at any point, your solicitor will keep you well informed.
Where extra costs are incurred during the conveyancing process, these are referred to as disbursements. Examples of disbursements include the cost of registering a property with HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches.
Tax is an additional consideration you need to make. Transactions will typically require tax, such as Capital Gains and Stamp Duty Land Tax. Where these taxes are incurred, your lawyer can calculate the sum and file the tax return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in New Milton?
There are three stages to the conveyancing process you should be aware of. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Once an offer is accepted, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract. Note that, until this contract has been formally signed and exchanged, the transaction is not considered legally binding.
The buyer, with the assistance of their conveyancer, will then be responsible for completing various checks on the property. These checks include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also need to apply for a mortgage at this stage if necessary.
Once both parties are ready to proceed, the parties will sign and exchange contracts. Once this step is completed, the transaction is legally binding and neither party can pull out without receiving a penalty.
Upon completion, the transaction is considered official. A transfer deed is provided to HM Land Registry, at which point the seller must sell the property.
How long does conveyancing take in New Milton?
Conveyancing transactions will vary in time-frame, depending on a number of factors. On average, a simple case will take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion.
If your transaction is delayed for any reason, your conveyancing solicitor will keep you informed and talk you through the options available to you.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in New Milton?
If you are buying a residential property in New Milton, your conveyancing solicitor will carry out various checks to ensure there are no issues which need to be addressed.
Conveyancing searches may include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Where further checks are necessary, your solicitor will discuss these with you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in New Milton?
Our New Milton conveyancing team can go through the primary stages of your conveyancing transaction, taking care of all the necessary legal details.
Whether you are moving to, from or across New Milton, our conveyancing team have the experience and dedication to ensure a successful and speedy transaction.