Conveyancing Solicitors in Ringwood
Whether you purchase, sell, remortgage, or carry out another type of property transaction, the process can be complicated. For a smooth sailing transaction, having the assistance of a solicitor is highly recommended.
Our conveyancing solicitors are experts in the conveyancing field and will provide clients with clear advice on the process, from start to finish. We will ensure that any potential pitfalls are sidestepped through our proficient advice and practical guidance.
At Bird & Co, our solicitors offer a convenient and reliable service to clients, making sure our advice is accessible to all. No matter your personal circumstances, our team of experts are available to lend a helping hand.
We are devoted to offering a quick and efficient online conveyancing service to clients in Ringwood, the surrounding areas, and even worldwide.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Ringwood can help you
Our team of conveyancing solicitors in Ringwood have expertise in all means of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our firm is on the panel for most major lenders nationally, which means we can assist clients no matter whether they are using a national firm or a local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Ringwood?
At Bird & Co, our services are unique compared to other firms’ conveyancing services as we offer an online route. Should you be unable to reach our offices, you will be able to chat with our team from anywhere.
We believe in offering a modern, friendly and approachable conveyancing process from solicitors who are devoted to providing an outstanding service.
Our team strive to keep our clients in the loop throughout the entire conveyancing process, minimising stress. You will be appointed an individual conveyancer who will be there to answer any concerns or questions you may have in regard to the process.
Our Bird & Co solicitors have been acknowledged for their outstanding conveyancing service, which is recognised through the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. This means we can:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also proud to be Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, which acknowledges our outstanding customer service and management of our practice.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Ringwood?
- We have considerable knowledge of the local Ringwood property market but we also have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We protect our clients with quality malware protection, and by encrypting emails.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. This is because of the fewer steps involved compared to the traditional conveyancing route.
- The traditional route often requires additional steps, whereas online conveyancing avoids these steps. This means online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- Our solicitors provide expert advice and guidance, even for clients who are on the other side of the world, through video conferences.
- At Bird & Co, we are fully insured. No matter whether you choose the traditional or online conveyancing route, our legal obligations do not change.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Ringwood?
At Bird & Co, we offer a variety of flexible fees for our conveyancing service in Ringwood. Where matters are more straightforward, our solicitors may be able to offer our services on a fixed fee basis. Fixed fees provide complete certainty from the get-go. Should we be incorrect about the cost due to additional fees being required, our team will keep you updated and explain the reasoning.
During the conveyancing process, there are often additional fees. These are known as disbursements and can include the registration of the property transaction with HM Land Registry and/or doing conveyancing searches.
Most property transactions are subject to taxes. This could be Stamp Duty Land Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax. If you need to pay tax on your property transaction, the process can be confusing, but rest assured, our solicitors are available to calculate the amount and file a tax return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Ringwood?
During the process route, there are three main steps. These include:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is submitted, and the seller accepts, they enter into a verbal agreement which is not legally binding. At this point, either party can pull out of the offer with no financial penalty should they wish to.
The next stage of the process is to carry out a number of property checks. These include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Should the buyer need a mortgage to fund the purchase, they can apply at this stage.
Once all the property checks are done and both parties are happy with everything, the contracts will be exchanged. This makes the transaction legally binding, and neither can retract their offer.
Once the transaction is official, this is completion. When this happens, the transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry, and the seller must vacate.
How long does conveyancing take in Ringwood?
The conveyancing process can be challenging, and each case is unique with dissimilar circumstances, meaning the time frame can vary for each. On average, the usual conveyancing period takes between 12 and 14 weeks.
Delays aren’t always possible to avoid, and should they apply to your situation, our conveyancing solicitors will keep you informed.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Ringwood?
Conveyancers carry out searches on properties to ensure there are no problems which need addressing.
During the conveyancing process, there are three main conveyancing searches. These searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Depending on the type of property and the circumstances, additional checks may be necessary. Should this apply to your case, our solicitors will keep you up-to-date.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Ringwood?
When you choose to work with the Bird & Co conveyancers in Ringwood, we will guide you through the conveyancing process from offer to completion. Our solicitors will keep you up-to-date throughout the entire process, ready to answer any questions you might have.