Conveyancing Solicitors in Romsey
Whether you are planning to buy, sell, or complete any other type of conveyancing transaction in Romsey, the support and guidance of an expert conveyancing solicitor is essential.
Property transactions are incredibly significant, no matter where you may be on the property ladder. However, they also come with plenty of potential risks, which is why it is important to ensure every step of the process is carefully navigated. Our expert team of conveyancing solicitors can ensure that you are fully supported from start to finish.
At Bird & Co, we provide a straightforward conveyancing service that removes the hassle from such transactions. We can guide you through the process, taking your individual circumstances into consideration, addressing any concerns you may have along the way.
We also provide a convenient online conveyancing service. This allows us to work with a wide range of clients across Romsey and the surrounding areas.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Romsey can help you
Our conveyancing solicitors in Romsey have expertise on a variety of residential property matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our team are on the panel for most major lenders, which means we can support your transaction whether you are working with a local building society, or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Romsey?
At Bird & Co, we provide a specialist online conveyancing service. So, no matter where you might be in the country, you can access our services, meaning you do not need to visit us in person.
We tailor our conveyancing service to your individual circumstances, ensuring that the entire process remains as straightforward as possible at all times.
When you work with our team, you will have the benefit of always having a direct line of correspondence, including having the direct email address of your solicitor. Should you have any questions, you can be sure that you will receive a prompt response.
As a firm, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, providing assurance that we will:
- Offer high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Alongside this, we are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This demonstrates our commitment to the highest levels of practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Romsey?
There are a number of benefits to instructing our online conveyancers, including:
- Our solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Romsey market. Other firms may only handle local transactions, limiting their scope of expertise.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We understand how important security is, which is why we always take steps like using malware protection, encrypted emails and secure devices.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Online conveyancing helps to minimise delays and ensure your transaction is completed faster.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. We can avoid certain costs with online conveyancing, as opposed to traditional conveyancing.
- We can handle property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Video conferencing tools allow us to support all of our clients, no matter where they may be.
- Our legal services remain the same whether we are assisting clients online or in-person. Our conveyancing team are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Romsey?
We provide a wide range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in Romsey. From the start of proceedings, we will provide a clear price breakdown so you are aware of what to expect moving forwards. If additional fees are required, your solicitor will be sure to keep you informed.
Where extra costs are incurred during conveyancing, these are referred to as disbursements. Examples of disbursements includes the costs of registering a property with HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches.
Tax is an additional consideration you need to make. Transactions will typically involve taxes such as Capital Gains and Stamp Duty Land Tax. Where these are relevant, your solicitor will calculate the sum and file the tax return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Romsey?
There are three stages to the conveyancing process you should be aware of. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
If a seller accepts a buyer’s offer, the two parties will agree to enter into a contract. It is important to point out that this is still an agreement at this stage. Nothing is legally binding until the contract is signed and exchanged.
The buyer and their conveyancer will then have the opportunity to conduct various searches on the property to make sure that all is in order. Checks usually include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage if necessary.
Once both parties are ready to proceed, they will proceed to sign and exchange contracts. Once this step is complete, the transaction is considered legally binding and neither party can pull out without incurring a penalty.
On completion, the transaction is deemed official, a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller is required to vacate the property, ready for the buyer.
How long does conveyancing take in Romsey?
The time it takes to complete a conveyancing transaction will vary. However, you can expect a standard transaction to take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion.
If your transaction is delayed for any reason, your conveyancing solicitor will keep you informed and discuss the options at your disposal.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Romsey?
If you are buying a home in Romsey, you conveyancer will conduct a number of checks to make sure everything is in order.
Conveyancing searches could include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Where further checks are necessary, your solicitor will discuss these with you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Romsey?
Our Romsey conveyancing team can go through the primary stages of your conveyancing transaction, taking care of all the necessary legal details.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Romsey, our conveyancing team have the experience and dedication to ensure a successful and speedy transaction.