Conveyancing Solicitors in Andover
If you are planning to carry out a property transaction in the Andover or surrounding area, consider the Bird & Co conveyancing team for specialist support throughout the process.
Property transactions can be complicated, expensive, and timely, without the proficient support of an expert conveyancer. At Bird & Co, our team have a wealth of knowledge and expertise assisting with all types of property transactions, from purchasing property to remortgaging. We provide a bespoke service tailored to your needs.
At Bird & Co, you can be confident in receiving a convenient and reliable service from start to finish. We have worked with clients requiring all levels of support, so no matter the type of assistance you need, our conveyancing solicitors are dedicated to delivering exactly this.
With our team by your side, you can be rest assured of receiving a fast and convenient online conveyancing service, no matter where you’re located. This allows us to reach a wide pool of clients across Andover and beyond.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Andover can help you
Our team of conveyancing solicitors in Andover have expertise in all manner of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
At Bird & Co, we work with a range of lenders, meaning no matter who you choose as your lender, whether a national firm or a local building society, our expert conveyancing team can help.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Andover?
While many local firms offer a traditional conveyancing service in person, we offer both. What this means is no matter where you are located in the world, our expert team can provide assistance through our online conveyancing service.
At Bird & Co, we are dedicated to providing a quick, cost-effective and friendly service, ensuring stress levels are kept to a minimum and allowing you to focus on other aspects of your life.
When you instruct the team, you will have direct contact with the solicitors on your case. We will appoint you with a conveyancer who will handle all the legal matters of your case and be available to answer any queries should you need assistance.
Our bespoke online conveyancing service has been awarded by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, meaning we will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Furthermore, we are proud to have also received the Lexcel accreditation awarded by the Law Society, which recognises our high levels of customer care and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Andover?
- Unlike other Andover conveyancing firms, we have knowledge of both the local Andover market and in-depth knowledge of the national property market, giving us that convenient edge over other firms in the area.
- During our online conveyancing service, we deal with considerable sensitive information and to protect clients’ data, our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We do this through email encrypting and up-to-date malware protection.
- The online conveyancing route tends to require fewer steps, meaning we can provide a quick and efficient service.
- Due to the fewer steps during the online conveyancing process, this means costs can be kept to a minimum.
- Even where clients are located on the other side of the world, we can provide the same assistance to local Andover residents. We frequently communicate with clients over videoconferencing software such as Zoom.
- Whether you choose to take the traditional or online conveyancing route, our solicitors will provide the same legal obligations, and for your protection, we are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much do our conveyancing services cost in Andover?
At Bird & Co, our team can provide our conveyancing services in Andover through a range of flexible funding. Should your conveyancing be fairly straightforward, we may be able to provide our services on a fixed fee basis, providing complete certainty over costs from the outset. Some conveyancing matters might require additional fees, and should this apply, our solicitors will keep you informed.
During the conveyancing process, additional fees are referred to as disbursements, and these can include registering property transactions with HMLR or carrying out conveyancing searches.
Some property transactions have tax implications, including Capital Gains Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax. Our conveyancing team can advise if this is applicable and will assist with calculations and filing the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Andover?
During the conveyancing process, there are three main stages, including:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer submits an offer which the seller accepts, they enter into a verbal agreement. At this stage, the agreement is not legally binding, and there are no legal obligations to carry the transaction through.
The buyer, with their conveyancer’s assistance, will conduct a range of property checks. These often include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, should the buyer need one, they can apply for a mortgage.
Once all checks have been carried out and both parties are ready to proceed, the contracts can be signed and exchanged, making the transaction legally binding. Should either party opt out, they may face a financial penalty.
Once the transaction is official, this is called completion. The transaction is required to be registered with HM Land Registry, and the seller will be required to move out of the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Andover?
An exact time frame cannot always be provided with property transactions due to the different requirements each transaction has, but on average, a simple conveyancing process takes between 12 and 14 weeks from acceptance of the offer to completion.
Should your transaction face any delays, our conveyancing team will inform you and advise the available options moving forward.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Andover?
Once you have selected a conveyancer for your property transaction, they will conduct a number of searches on the property. This is done to certify there are no immediate issues which need addressing.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some situations, additional checks could be required. We will keep you up-to-date if this is the case.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Andover?
During your initial chat with the team, we will make sure you clearly understand the conveyancing process, and should you want to proceed with the Bird & Co team, your individual conveyancer will handle all the important legal matters, helping to make the transaction as smooth as possible.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Andover, our team of conveyancing solicitors will be happy to help.