Conveyancing Solicitors in Chandler's Ford
The process of property transactions, whether buying, selling, remortgaging or something different, can be stressful and complicated without the assistance of a conveyancing solicitor.
There are lots of things which can go wrong with property transactions, so to put provisions in place and prevent any disruptions the assistance of a conveyancing solicitor in Chandler’s Ford is crucial. When you work with the Bird & Co team, you can expect clear advice and support you can trust.
At Bird & Co, we believe in providing our clients with a completely accessible conveyancing service. We offer convenient and reliable property transaction assistance, navigating you through the steps involved and always being available to answer any queries you might have.
Unlike other firms, we offer an online conveyancing service which is quick and efficient, allowing us to reach clients in Chandler’s Ford and nationally.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Chandler’s Ford can help you
Our team of conveyancing solicitors in Chandler’s Ford have expertise in all means of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
To help our team provide the best possible assistance to clients, we are on the panel for most major lenders. So whether you are using a national firm or a local building society, we can provide the support you need.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Chandler’s Ford?
At Bird & Co, we offer a unique conveyancing service by offering it completely remotely. Meaning should you be unable to reach our offices in person, we can assist you from the comfort of your home.
Our solicitors deliver a modern, friendly and approachable conveyancing service, helping to keep stress to the minimum and providing a smooth process.
We always make our clients aware of the direct contact they have with their team. When you work with us, you will be appointed an individual conveyancing solicitor who will be available whenever you need to answer questions and vice versa.
At Bird & Co, we are proud to have received the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. What this means is we can:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are additionally Law Society Lexcel accredited. This recognises our high-quality customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Chandler’s Ford?
- As well as having a broad scope of knowledge on the local Chandler’s Ford local market, our property transaction solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- To ensure our clients are protected, our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We do this by encrypting emails and having up-to-date malware protection.
- Remote conveyancing doesn’t require as many steps, meaning we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Traditional conveyancing can be more expensive, but fewer steps mean fewer costs, meaning online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- Our solicitors have expertise in helping clients nationally, even for clients who are on the other side of the world, through video conferences.
- We are fully insured, and no matter whether you choose the traditional or online conveyancing route, our legal obligations do not change.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Chandler’s Ford?
For our conveyancing services in Chandler’s Ford, we deliver a range of flexible fees. For more straightforward cases, we may be able to offer our services on a fixed fee basis, and this provides our clients with a clear cost estimate. In some instances, additional fees may be required, but if this is the case, our solicitors will keep you in the loop.
Registering the property transaction with HM Land Registry or conducting conveyancing searches often incur additional costs. These associated conveyancing costs are known as disbursements.
Property transactions are also impacted by tax. This could include Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If your estate needs to pay tax, our conveyancing solicitors will assist you with the calculations and filing of the HMRC tax return.
How does the conveyancing process work in Chandler’s Ford?
In the conveyancing process, there are three main steps, which are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer submits an offer and the seller accepts, they enter into a verbal contract. However, this is not yet legally binding. If the buyer or seller wishes to retract their offer, there are no financial repercussions.
Part of the process includes carrying out various property checks. These checks include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Should the buyer need a mortgage, they can apply at this point.
If everything checks out and both parties are satisfied to move forward with the transaction, the contracts can be exchanged. When contracts are exchanged, this makes the transaction legally binding and should either pull out of the purchase, they will be liable to face a financial penalty.
When the transaction becomes official, this is known as completion. Completion is where the transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the buyer can move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Chandler’s Ford?
Each conveyancing process is completely unique, meaning there are different circumstances and requirements which could result in the process taking significantly longer than the average time frame. Generally, the usual period is between 12 to 14 weeks from offer acceptance to completion.
Delays in property transactions are sometimes out of our control, but should this impact your transaction, our solicitors will keep you in the loop.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Chandler’s Ford?
Searches are conducted on properties to ensure that there are no immediate issues which need addressing.
There are three main conveyancing searches, and these include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some conveyancing circumstances, further checks could be required. Should this apply, your conveyancer will inform you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Chandler’s Ford?
Our conveyancing solicitors will navigate you through the entire process, making sure you are completely aware of each step. Once you decide to move forward with the Bird & Co team, we will handle all the legal matters related to your property transaction.