Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you’re considering a move to Poole, or you’re local to the area and wish to move on from your current property in the area, Bird & Co solicitors can help.
While you look forward to your next step on the property ladder, our expert conveyancing lawyers in Poole will take care of the legalities for you. Our team will utilise their many years of knowledge and experience to process your transaction in an efficient and stress-free manner.
Our values are centred around providing a quality service to each one of our clients and we promise to deliver a high quality service to you. From keeping you up to date with the progress of your transaction, to completing tasks in a timely manner, to answering any questions you have along the way - you can trust our Poole property solicitors to deliver.
Our unique online conveyancing service means we can work with clients across the country and internationally, too.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Poole can help you
Our superb residential property solicitors in Poole can assist you with a wide range of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Over the years, we have worked with many of the UK’s major lenders, including national firms and local building societies. We understand their unique processes and can tailor your conveyancing to meet the requests of your chosen lender.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Poole?
First things first, our specialist online conveyancing service is second to none. This service is in addition to our traditional conveyancing services, enabling us to support clients across the country and around the world.
We aim to make our high-quality conveyancing services as accessible as possible. If you would like to work with us remotely, we have the resources available to enable that. If you would like to visit us in our office, feel free to get in touch to find out more about the accessibility of our space.
From the moment you instruct us to work on your behalf, you will be assigned a case manager whose contact details you will have access to. If you have any questions or queries along the way, your case manager will be available to assist.
Our high level of service has gained us a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which proves that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Not only that, we also have a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society as well, which demonstrates our high quality services. Pair this with our excellent Trustpilot ratings and you can see how committed we are to our high standard of service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Poole?
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider working with our online conveyancers as opposed to another firm in Poole:
- Our conveyancing solicitors in Poole have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local area. Our extensive knowledge gives us an edge over other firms in the Poole area who may only deal with transactions in the local vicinity.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We guarantee to keep all personal and legal information completely confidential and away from prying eyes. We make every effort to keep our security technology and practices up to date.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Traditional conveyancing requires additional steps in communication. With online conveyancing, we’re able to reduce the steps required and shorten the entire process.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer boxes to tick and hurdles to overcome, we are able to reduce the costs associated with online conveyancing, compared to the costs associated with traditional conveyancing.
- We often work with clients across the country and around the world. Thanks to our use of quality video conferencing tools, our communication with them is just as good as if we were working with local clients.
- We are fully insured to cover both traditional and online conveyancing transactions and our responsibilities for each of our clients remain the same.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Poole?
For more simple and straightforward conveyancing requirements, we offer a fixed fee service - simply get in touch to find out more about our services and the costs associated with them.
We also provide bespoke quotes for property transactions that require a little more work than usual, or those transactions that are a little more complex. Rest assured that you will not find any surprise fees along the way - the cost we quote from the outset is the price you will pay.
Note that, in most cases, you will also be required to pay disbursements (such as conveyancing searches) as well as tax. This could be in the form of Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Of course, every situation is different but your conveyancer will be able to determine whether or not tax will be owed as well as how much.
How does the conveyancing process work in Poole?
The three main steps to every property sale and purchase are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Offer and acceptance refers to the stage in which the buyer makes an offer that is verbally accepted by the seller. Nothing at this stage is legally binding.
Once the agreement is in place, both parties will instruct solicitors to carry out the conveyancing process for them. The buyer will apply for a mortgage (where necessary) and their solicitor will also make a start on the following checks:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the findings from each of the checks are acceptable and both parties would like to proceed, contracts will be reviewed, signed and exchanged. At this point in the process, the agreement is legally binding and financial penalties will be incurred by any party that wishes to back out.
The final step in conveyancing is completion, which is where the transfer of ownership becomes official and the seller vacates the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Poole?
The most simple and straightforward of conveyancing transactions typically take between 12 and 14 weeks, but that’s not to say that some transactions can complete in a shorter time frame.
Of course, it’s equally possible for delays to occur and the reasons for delays can vary from case to case. If we believe that your own transaction will incur delays, both before and during instruction, we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Poole?
When buying a property in Poole, your chosen conveyancer will be required to complete a number of searches to assess risk and identify any issues with your upcoming purchase.
These searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
With some transactions, additional searches may be required. If that happens to be the case with your own transaction, we will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Poole?
Our friendly and approachable conveyancers in Poole will explain the process in its entirety, while answering any questions you have in order to get things started. From there, we will set up your case file and make a start on the necessary checks and searches.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Poole
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta