Conveyancing Solicitors in Blandford Forum
At Bird & Co, we believe that in order to make sure that the buying, selling or remortgaging of your home in Blandford Forum goes smoothly, it’s always best practice to have the support of an expert team of conveyancing solicitors.
Our conveyancing solicitors in Blandford Forum are always at hand to help you manage the potential risks that come with dealing with a property transaction. Whilst this can be an exciting time, it’s always useful to have guidance as more things can go wrong than people tend to expect.
Our conveyancing lawyers can guide you through the whole conveyancing process from start to finish and are always ready to answer any queries you might have.
Our online conveyancing service is professional, quick and efficient. Being online enables us to reach multiple different regions, across England, Wales and more. This means that no matter where you are, we can support you.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Blandford Forum can help you
Our experienced conveyancing solicitors in Blandford Forum are well versed in multiple different conveyancing matters, such as:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deed of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Furthermore, Bird & Co are on the panel for most major lenders. This lets us support you regardless of if you decide to go with a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Blandford Forum?
At Bird & Co, our online conveyancing service was specially created to enable us to support our clients no matter where you are in the country. Even better, there’s no need for you to travel to our offices unless, of course, you wish to.
We provide a professional and friendly service, with the objective of making the entire process of conveyance as easy and smooth as possible for our clients.
We make sure to keep in close contact with our clients by providing the direct email address for the specific conveyancing solicitor who is working on your case. This ensures that any questions you have will be quickly answered, and you’ll always be up to date with any changes that may happen.
Bird & Co is accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This ensures that we always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Furthermore, we also have Lexcel accreditation by the Law Society. This lets our clients know that we are committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service and practice management possible.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Blandford Forum?
There are many reasons why we believe that instructing our conveyancers would benefit you. These include but are not limited to:
- Our conveyancing lawyers have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Blandford Forum area. This gives them an advantage over other local conveyancing solicitors when it comes to your case.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We take extra steps to keep all your precious documentation safe, including encrypting all of our emails, using secured devices and investing in the best and most robust malware protection.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Delays often occur as a result of the traditional conveyancing process (travel etc.) As our process can be done entirely remotely, there are often fewer delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing often comes with hidden (and not so hidden) extra costs – our online service is often cheaper for our clients.
- We deal with property transactions nationwide, as well as assisting clients on the other side of the world. Video conferencing enables us to keep you in the loop quickly and easily.
- Legal Obligations. Being an online service doesn’t change any of our legal obligations to you, and of course, we are fully insured for your protection.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Blandford?
Our conveyancing solicitors in Blandford Forum offer a variety of flexible options for calculating fees. For more straightforward work, we would use fixed fees so that we are completely transparent, and you will know how much to pay from the start. Your solicitor will let you know immediately if any additional fees will be required.
Disbursements are a cost that tends to come with the conveyancing process – most often encountered when someone registers a property with HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches.
Another aspect to be mindful of when going through a property transaction is tax – for example, Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancing solicitor will be able to help you calculate how much you owe and will help you prepare and file your return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Blandford Forum?
The conveyancing process can be separated into three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Once an offer has been accepted, a contract will be entered by the buyer and seller. It’s crucial to note that until the contract has been signed by both parties, either side can back out without any financial repercussions as they are not yet legally bound.
The buyer must then carry out certain checks on their potential property, along with their solicitor. These may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this point, the buyer will apply for their mortgage (should they need to).
After all property checks have been fully completed and everyone is happy for the deal to go ahead, both parties will then sign and exchange their respective contracts. At this stage, all parties are now legally bound and should either want to pull out of the transaction, they will have to pay a financial penalty.
When a transaction becomes official, it is referred to as completion. A transfer deed will then be sent to HM Land Registry and the seller is required to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Blandford Forum?
Conveyancing isn’t a one size fits all process, and there are many variables that can influence how long each case takes. That being said, the average time that conveyancing work takes is around 12-14 weeks (under standard circumstances). Unfortunately, in some cases, delays can be completely unavoidable. However, if something like this happens during your case your conveyancing solicitor will keep you up to speed with regular updates.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Blandford Forum?
When buying a property in Blandford Forum, your selected conveyancing solicitor is required to complete several checks to make sure that there will be no issues during the process.
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If for some reason there are more checks needed, your conveyancing solicitor will inform you.
Is it better to use a conveyancing solicitor in Blandford Forum or a conveyancer?
Both conveyancing solicitors and licensed conveyancers can deal with property transactions, and neither is necessarily better at the job than the other. However, at Bird & Co, we believe that working with our firm of expert solicitors comes with certain advantages.
For example, our experienced selection of conveyancing solicitors in Blandford Forum have experience not just in property transactions, but also in Wills and inheritance, cohabitation, alternative dispute resolution etc. All these areas can, in some situations, fall under the umbrella of buying a property. This is why we believe we are in the best possible position to help our clients in Blandford Forum with their conveyancing needs.
What documents does a property solicitor in Blandford Forum need for conveyancing?
It depends on whether the client is selling or buying a property, but there are several pieces of paperwork that will need to be submitted during the conveyancing process.
When purchasing a property in Blandford Forum, the following documentation is required:
- Identification (e.g. passport or driving licence)
- Proof of address
- Proof of funds (such as bank statements)
- The official offer of a mortgage
The documents required when selling a property in Blandford Forum include:
- Proof of ownership
- Seller’s Property Information Form
- Certificates, guarantees and planning permission documentation
- Fitting and contents form
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Leasehold or freehold information
- Details of the mortgage
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Blandford Forum?
Our team of expert conveyancing lawyers are ready to run through the first few stages of your conveyancing transaction. Once your case is opened, a member of our dedicated team will go through all the legal aspects of the transaction.
If you are coming to or leaving Blandford Forum, our team of conveyancing solicitors is happy to lend their advice and experience to you.