Conveyancing Solicitors in Yeovil
Are you looking to purchase, sell or remortgage a property in Yeovil? It’s highly recommended to seek the assistance of a conveyancing solicitor to ensure a smooth sailing transaction.
Buying a home, whether it’s your first time or not, is an exciting prospect, but there are many things to consider in the process, including potential risks. With our team’s assistance by your side, we can help you to sidestep risks and enjoy the process.
We are proud to be able to offer our clients a straightforward and reliable conveyancing service supported by a specialist conveyancing solicitor. We will walk you through the entire process and be available to address any queries or concerns that might crop up.
Our quick and efficient online conveyancing service allows us to reach clients no matter where they are located, whether in Yeovil, Barwick or Chilthorne Domer.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Yeovil can help you
Our specialist conveyancing solicitors in Yeovil can advise and guide clients through property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
So that we can support a wide pool of clients through their transaction, we are on the panel for most major lenders, including national firms and local building societies.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Yeovil?
Our Bird & Co conveyancing solicitors in Yeovil offer a unique online conveyancing service meaning we can provide assistance to you from anywhere.
Our aim is to provide a modern and approachable conveyancing service delivered by friendly solicitors dedicated to providing a straightforward transaction.
If you choose to work with our team, you will be appointed a direct contact with a member of the team. This will be your point of contact should you have any questions. This individual will also keep you fully up-to-date with the progression of your transaction.
We are proud to be accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also been awarded the Lexcel accreditation by the Law Society. This shows our commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Yeovil?
- Unlike other local firms which only have an understanding of the local Yeovil property market, our property solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- To ensure our clients legal details remain secure, our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We do this by encrypting emails, securing our devices and putting malware protection in place.
- Remote conveyancing reduces the number of steps involved compared to the traditional route, meaning we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. The traditional route often incurs additional costs that online conveyancing does not require.
- Our team are able to provide assistance no matter where you are located. We have even helped clients who are on the other side of the world using videoconferencing software.
- Whether you choose to work with us in person or through our online conveyancing route, there are no differences in our obligations, and we are fully insured for your reassurance.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Yeovil?
At Bird & Co, we offer a range of funding options to assist clients in Yeovil. Where matters are more straightforward, we can provide our assistance on a fixed fee basis, meaning you can be clear on cost from the outset. Should any additional fees be necessary, our team will keep you in the loop.
During the conveyancing process, there are other costs to consider. These are called disbursements and apply to things like registering property and conducting conveyancing searches on the property.
You may also find that your transactions will require you to pay tax. This could be Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Our team can provide support with calculating what is due and submitting the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Yeovil?
The conveyancing process has three main stages, these include:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When the seller accepts an offer, they agree with the buyer to eventually enter into a contract, but until this has been signed and exchanged, it is not legally binding.
During the process, the buyer and their appointed solicitor will need to conduct a number of checks on the property. These could include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, the buyer can also apply for their mortgage, should they need one.
Once all property checks are complete and both parties are happy, the signing and exchanging of the contracts can occur. Once this is done, the transaction becomes legally binding.
Completion of the transaction is when it becomes official. At this stage, a transfer deed will need to be submitted to HMLR, and the buyer will be able to move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Yeovil?
It is not possible to put an exact time frame on how long the conveyancing process takes, as each transaction can vary entirely. However, the average time frame for a straightforward property transaction takes between 12 and 14 weeks to complete.
Not all delays can be avoided but should one impact your completion date, our team will let you know and advise you on the options available.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Yeovil?
To ensure there are no problems with the property, a number of searches will be carried out by the buyer and their solicitor.
There are three main conveyancing searches, these include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Should any additional checks be needed, our team will let you know.
Is it better to use a conveyancing solicitor in Yeovil or a conveyancer?
The main difference between a conveyancing solicitor in Yeovil and a conveyancer is down to qualifications. Both are qualified to handle property transactions, but a conveyancing solicitor has additional qualifications which allow them to carry out assistance with other types of legal matters.
Whether you wish to use a conveyancer or a conveyancing solicitor is entirely up to you, your circumstances and your budget.
What documents does a property solicitor in Yeovil need for conveyancing?
What documents are required during the property transaction process depends on the type, for example, whether you are buying or selling a property.
The documents required for buying a property in Yeovil include:
- Identification documentation, including passport or driving license and proof of address
- Proof of funds, such as bank statements
- The official offer of mortgage
The documents required when selling a property in Yeovil include:
- Proof of ownership
- Seller’s Property Information Form
- Certificates, guarantees and planning permission documentation
- Fitting and contents form
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Leasehold or freehold information
- Details of the mortgage
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Yeovil?
Our team at Bird & Co will talk you through the stages involved in the conveyancing process in Yeovil, and should you wish to proceed with our expert team, your appointed solicitor will handle all legal matters.
Our solicitors can assist with your transaction whether you are moving to, from or across Yeovil.