Conveyancing Solicitors in Malmesbury
If you are planning to buy, sell, or remortgage a property in Malmesbury, it is important to get the right advice and guidance from experienced conveyancing solicitors. That way, you will be able to rest assured that everything goes to plan.
It can be quite an exciting moment ahead of that next property transaction, but there are a few potential risks to be mindful of. Our conveyancing solicitors in Malmesbury have a breadth of knowledge to help you navigate your case with care and mitigate any risks that may arise.
Bird & Co offers clients a trustworthy and reliable conveyancing service that is simple and easy to access. Our conveyancing solicitors will guide you along each step of the process, providing expert guidance for any of your questions.
Our conveyancing service is also available online, bringing fast and efficient online conveyancing beyond the Malmesbury area and across the entire country.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Malmesbury can help you
Our team in Malmesbury has extensive expertise and knowledge across various areas of conveyancing, such as:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for the majority of major lenders, so we can support you whether you have opted for a national firm or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Malmesbury?
The specialised online conveyancing service we offer makes it easy to assist clients from anywhere in the country, so there is no need to see us in-person unless you prefer it that way.
Our aim is to offer a modern and welcoming service that simplifies and streamlines the conveyancing process, making everything as easy as possible.
As Malmesbury property solicitors, we always ensure clients have direct correspondence with the team. We are sure to exchange the dedicated email address of the solicitor involved in the handling of each case, so you can promptly receive answers to any questions you may have throughout the process.
Our quality standards are recognised and accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. As such, it is our duty to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also boast Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society – a mark of our commitment to the highest standards of client care, customer service, and practice management
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Malmesbury?
There are several reasons to opt for online conveyancing, including:
- Our conveyancing lawyers are experts with an in-depth knowledge of the national property market. While we are your local residential property solicitors in Malmesbury, we possess broader national insight. This sets us apart from firms that handle only local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Maintaining the security of legal documents used in online conveyancing is paramount. To ensure the safety of our clients' information, we encrypt emails, secure our devices, and implement malware protection measures.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. There are few potential delays to be concerned of, as the whole conveyancing process is carried out remotely.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. While traditional conveyancing comes with a number of added costs, many can be avoided when the work is done digitally.
- We deal with property transactions across the nation - even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We regularly take advantage of video conferences to assure a personal touch with our clients.
- Whether meeting online or in-person, our legal responsibilities towards you remain the same. There are no changes in the general conveyancing process and we are fully insured in either scenario.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Malmesbury?
Conveyancing solicitors fees in Malmesbury are flexible - with a number of fee options. These include fixed fees for uncomplicated work, providing you with a clear understanding of the initial cost. You will be provided an initial conveyancing quote and your solicitor will inform you if any additional fees are needed in order to finalise the transaction.
Additional expenses associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Disbursements commonly involve registering a property with HM Land Registry and carrying out conveyancing searches.
Tax implications, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax, may also impact your property transaction. If so, your solicitor will assist you to calculate the amount due and submit the return to HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Malmesbury?
The conveyancing process consists of three main steps, which are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
After the seller accepts the offer, both parties will agree to a contract. There is no legal obligation until that contract is signed and exchanged by both parties.
The buyer, with the help of their solicitor, will conduct a variety of property inspections. These inspections may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If necessary, the buyer will also submit a mortgage application at this time.
Once the property checks are completed and both parties agree to move forward, they will sign and exchange contracts. This will make the transaction legally binding, and neither party can back out without incurring a financial penalty.
Completion is the official conclusion of the transaction. The seller will have to vacate the property, and a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Malmesbury?
It can be difficult to predict exactly how long it will take to finalise a conveyancing transaction because each case presents its own challenges. In a typical case, a straightforward conveyancing process will take roughly 12-14 weeks from start to finish, beginning when the offer is accepted and the solicitors are appointed.
There are certain times when delays are unavoidable. If it is the case that your conveyancing transaction will take longer to finalise, your solicitor will keep you informed through regular updates.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Malmesbury?
If you are purchasing a property in Malmesbury, your conveyancer will need to conduct several checks to ensure there are no unresolved issues.
There are three main types of conveyancing search, which are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, planned highways work or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your solicitor will be in touch if any further checks are required.
Is it better to use a conveyancing solicitor in Malmesbury or an online conveyancer?
The decision whether to opt for local conveyancing lawyers in Malmesbury or an online conveyancer is likely to come down to your personal choice and requirements.
The advantage of working with a large, national firm of conveyancers is that they will likely have a greater breadth and depth of experience and may be more competitive on fees due to economies of scale. An online conveyancer can also offer a seamless service wherever you are.
What documents does a property solicitor in Malmesbury need for conveyancing?
A number of documents are necessary for residential conveyancing, but the specific requirements usually depend on whether you are the buyer or the seller of the property.
If you are purchasing a property in Malmesbury, the documentation you will be required to provide during the process includes:
- ID documents (e.g. passport or driving licence and proof of address)
- Proof of funds (e.g. bank statements)
- Your mortgage offer
When selling a property, the required documents will include:
- Proof of ownership
- Seller’s Property Information Form
- Certificates, guarantees and planning permission documentation
- Fitting and contents form
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Leasehold or freehold information
- Details of the mortgage
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Malmesbury?
Our team in Malmesbury is perfectly equipped to provide guidance through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction. A dedicated conveyancer will handle all legal aspects of the process once your file is opened.
Whether you are relocating to Malmesbury, moving home within the town, or moving away from the area, our team of conveyancing solicitors will be happy to offer their expert guidance.